Windows 10: How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?

Discus and support How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'd like to remove the line displayed under running apps in the taskbar, this: [img] For everyone who uses non-combined labeled apps this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by poisonborz, Oct 31, 2017.

1. How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?

I'd like to remove the line displayed under running apps in the taskbar, this:

How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications? [​IMG]

For everyone who uses non-combined labeled apps this is super annoying, especially on dark theme.
    There was a long thread here but the solution presented only works for windows build 1609.
    Some also suggested to simply set up monitor to hide those 2-3 pixels, but that would be a problem for using certain apps.

Is there a currently working solution to remove it? Or maybe a color code to make it darker?

:)

poisonborz, Oct 31, 2017
  2. res0khor Win User

white line under icons on taskbar

icons on taskbar in windows 10 has a white line under all programs list in it that are open, is there a way of removing it?

res0khor, Oct 31, 2017
  3. Line in taskbar under open programs

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response. We understand your concern.

I would like to inform you that the lines that you see under the apps in the Task bar is very normal. The lines appears only when the apps are opened either on the desktop or the background as an indication that the apps are still running.

Hope this information helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 31, 2017
  4. How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?

How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ? - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

Josey Wales, Oct 31, 2017
  5. poisonborz, Oct 31, 2017
  6. That is the ONLY way that this can be done. You can hide your task bar..

Josey Wales, Oct 31, 2017
  7. singer Win User
    windows 10 1703.

with windows/vista style builder open file aero.msstyles (../resourses/themes/aero)
    How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications? [​IMG]

replace 3, 3, 0, 0 --------to 3, 3,-2,-2....

i dond speak english..

German (FULL ):
    1. damit aero.msstyles verändern konnte zuerst mus man eine neue theme installieren und aktivieren (egal welche)
    2. dann muss man voll kontrol berechnungen für folder "Themes" bekommen. (instruktionen finden in internet)
    3. jetzt kopieren file aero.msstyles auf desktop und öffnen mit vista style builder
    4. neue parameter stellen (schauen bild)
    5. jetzt file speichern. und replace in defoult location (../resourses/themes/aero). alte file löschen
    6. öffnen personalisierung und defoult theme aktivieren.
    7. log off/ log in

p.s. funktionier nur auf primary monitor.. nicht funktioniert für secondary taskbar (falls benutzen sie multi monitor oder multi taskbar workspace)... wenn irgendwer weis lösung für secondary monitor ich wäre sehr dankbar

roman

singer, Nov 9, 2017
  8. How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?

Danke! Ich spreche aber Deutsch, so ich übersetze deine Lösung für anderen *Smile
    Thanks! Haven't tried it yet but the previous solution also worked with Style Builder so I assume it's the right one.

Translation / extension of the above solution:

Basically you'll have to edit aero.msstyles (../resourses/themes/aero) with windows/vista style builder.

• Firstly, install and activate another windows theme (any other).
    • Take ownership of the Themes folder. There are multiple ways for that - a simple way is this reg file - it will add a Take ownership menu item in your folder right click menu.
    • Copy the aero.msstyles to the desktop and open it with the vista style builder.
    • Make a new parameter (replace 3, 3, 0, 0 --------to 3, 3,-2,-2.... - see screenshot above). This effectively cuts off the bottom 2 pixels of the taskbar, thus hiding the line.
    • Save the file and replace it with the one in the default location (../resourses/themes/aero)
    • Open the Personalization screen and activate this (the default theme)
    • Log off/Log in

This only works on the primary monitor. Taskbar on other monitors will still have the line. If you have a solution for other monitors, please share.

poisonborz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?

1. How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications? - Similar Threads - remove line taskbar

2. Remove the active application 'line' on the taskbar, it causes BURN IN on OLED monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove the active application 'line' on the taskbar, it causes BURN IN on OLED monitors: There are 100000 complaints online about this and MS must be aware. Even if hidden, the taskbar displays a thin white line over the current active apps. This line causes burn in on OLED monitors. There must be a way to disable the 'active app' line on the taskbar. If not MS...
  3. Remove the active application 'line' on the taskbar, it causes BURN IN on OLED monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove the active application 'line' on the taskbar, it causes BURN IN on OLED monitors: There are 100000 complaints online about this and MS must be aware. Even if hidden, the taskbar displays a thin white line over the current active apps. This line causes burn in on OLED monitors. There must be a way to disable the 'active app' line on the taskbar. If not MS...
  4. Line under taskbar icons not working

Line under taskbar icons not working: The blue line under my taskbar is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-under-taskbar-icons-not-working/b3b1210c-e845-4669-9b09-18ad8cfdf479
  5. Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar: Hi all, As per the above Title: the Blue Line under currently open applications in my taskbar disappears after a period of time, maybe a few minutes? It's frustrating as I appreciate what I can view as currently open. The only way I can resolve the issue (albeit temporary)...
  6. How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon

How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon: Please advise how to hide annoying blue line under task bar icon at Windows 10: Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-blue-line-under-w10-taskbar-icon/e4e2d9c7-6299-4025-8178-b224616aa3d7
  7. Green Line Under Taskbar

Green Line Under Taskbar: I know this has to do with virtual desktops... but it's super obnoxious. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't really need or want multiple desktops anyway, and it's irritating that it shows a little green bar under every program even when I only have one desktop... 14448
  8. How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar

How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar: This thin blue line appeared again under websites I have open in my taskbar. It had gone away but back after the Anniversary Update. I find it distracting and want it gone. I use was IE 11 as my default but now see Edge as default program if that helps 59735
  9. How to increase the width of the line under the taskbar icons?

How to increase the width of the line under the taskbar icons?: I want to increase the width of the lines under the open items in task bar in windows 10...the lines that currently appear are too narrow and a little hard to see. Can this be possibly done, even if it's through the use of a third-party software? Or otherwise, is there anyway...
  10. How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?: When I open a program that I have pinned to the task bar, this line appears under the program icon. Is there any way to remove this feature? [img] 9816