Windows 10: How to remove the moronic search and task view...

Discus and support How to remove the moronic search and task view... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...in one easy step... https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1a8bc...FMcZpVRvjvkqa4 As found in the comments section here... How to Hide the Stupid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

How to remove the moronic search and task view...

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  2. Thursty Win User

Windows 10 Photos black translucent menu bar

How do you make it go away? What is the point of a photo viewer the obstructs the view of the top part of the photo with the menu bar? Whoever designed this was a moron.

Thursty, Oct 2, 2014
  3. Start menu, Search and Task View icons not responding.

Hi Kiran,

Thank you for your reply.

It did not want to respond to the Task Bar icons, so I tried restarted the computer by pressing the reset button on the case.

At the second re-start it worked normally.

In the state it was in, it would run some programs but not most.

No I did not add any programs or do anything to upset the running of the computer. I tried your solution but there was no response.

Thank goodness the "master reset" worked.

Have a good weekend and once again for your reply,

Kind regards, Brian

BrianDavid_911, Oct 2, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Does it leave a blank spot on the taskbar?

Edwin, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    Note: the exe is in bin\debug. Dunno why...

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Is there a way to restore it?
    I think it's tied to the upcoming Microsoft 'Cortana' thing.

Edwin, Oct 2, 2014
  7. bromanbro Win User
    I'm going to leave it for now, though it's worth reporting on the Feedback app that those 2 icons are unmovable/undeletable.

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  8. Rickkins Win User

I dunno. I haven't even rebooted to see if it has to be hid each time.... gonna do that now...

I won't be using cortana, so it don't matter to me.

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  9. Rickkins Win User
    Ok, a bit of a flaw. Has to be run each time. Adding it to startup returns the following error:

"Your system administrator has blocked this program. For more info, contact your system administrator"

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  10. Tony K Win User
    It's not nice to fool Mother MS! *Tongue

Tony K, Oct 5, 2014
  11. Edwin New Member
    Not tryin to fool her, just tryin to make her a little more discrete! *Tongue

Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  12. bromanbro Win User
    *Biggrin!

bromanbro, Oct 5, 2014
  13. Trust_No1 Win User

I am okay with the search and where it is, BUT, I don't like "Trending Now" crap....

this is supposed to be an Operating System, not a social network page

Trust_No1, Oct 5, 2014
  14. Tony K Win User
    I've not a chance to install yet due to faulty PSU. Awaiting shipment. I'm assuming the Taskbar search the same as within the Start Menu integrated Bing search? If so, seems kind of redundant to me.

I'm taking it that they incorporated items that are on the Start Screen into the new Start Menu and the Search eyeglass on the Start Screen on the Taskbar.

Lol! You wanted your Start Menu and Desktop with items back. You got 'em alright! *Tongue

Still fits Enterprise, right? I mean if Jeff the secretary gets an order for a latte by his boss Lucy, he has to find out quick where the nearest Starbucks is, right? *Biggrin

Tony K, Oct 5, 2014
  15. Rickkins Win User
    Until they figure out that many don't want the metro apps(on the desktop), regardless of where they stash them, we still have the wonderful Classic Shell to save it....

Rickkins, Oct 5, 2014
Thema:

1. How to remove the moronic search and task view... - Similar Threads - remove moronic search

2. How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?: is it possible to rearrange tasks in Task View?For example in the Task View from left to right I have Outlook, Excel file 1 and Excel file 2 opened. Is it possible to rearrange the sequence so that I would have from left to right Excel file 2, Outlook then finally Excel file...
  3. How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?: is it possible to rearrange tasks in Task View?For example in the Task View from left to right I have Outlook, Excel file 1 and Excel file 2 opened. Is it possible to rearrange the sequence so that I would have from left to right Excel file 2, Outlook then finally Excel file...
  4. How to remove Search, Task View, Chat or Widgets icons from Windows 11 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Search, Task View, Chat or Widgets icons from Windows 11 Taskbar: [ATTACH]If you want to disable or remove the Search, Task View, Widgets, and Chat icons from Windows 11 Taskbar, here is how you can do that. It is possible to hide those icons from the Taskbar using Windows Settings and Registry Editor. By default, Windows 11 displays...
  5. How to disable task view

How to disable task view: I am running windows 10 education because I can get a product key through work. This being said, my work Microsoft account is not linked to my device and I am the sole owner and user of my device. The task view feature drives me insane. I find the clustering of windows...
  6. task view folders not removing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task view folders not removing: when I open the task view icon it shows remove or clear from so and so date.but the function is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-folders-not-removing/3265f023-d999-41b9-9899-7d22ac0b4b97"
  7. Removal of Task view

Removal of Task view: I started task view by accident. Now I can not get back to regular view. How can it be solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-task-view/dd1ca8d1-bf69-4727-90e5-d2878a7ede77
  8. Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar

Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar: Before: [img] After: [img] Remove Search Icon from Windows 10 Taskbar: 1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. 2. Now go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion 3. Create a...
  9. Unpin Search & task view from taskbar

Unpin Search & task view from taskbar: Does anybody know how to unpin the search & task view from the taskbar? They take valuable space in the taskbar while they can easily be triggered with windows key shortcuts. 2279
  10. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?: Is there a way to remove those two items ? They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh 2199