Windows 10: how to remove the password lock

Discus and support how to remove the password lock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It makes me use the password if it sets for 2-3 min. it makes me reopen with my password. how can I change it 8530 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cobra1, Jul 18, 2015.

1. cobra1 Win User

how to remove the password lock

It makes me use the password if it sets for 2-3 min. it makes me reopen with my password. how can I change it

:)

cobra1, Jul 18, 2015

2. How to remove the password on the lock screen.

You should open Settings and in Accounts ->Sign in options, click to change password and enter old password and then for new password and retry new password leave them empty.

Note: you could do this on local account only and if you are using Microsoft Account, you should switch to Local Account first.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 18, 2015
  3. How to remove the password on the lock screen.

Is there any way to remove password request from lock Screen? This facility was installed unasked for and is not wanted.

BertGasson, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Are you talking about returning from sleep mode or screen saver?

Right click on the Desktop and select Personalize.
    Click on Lock screen.
    Scroll down and click on Screen saver settings.
    Uncheck On resume display logon screen.

See if that helps.

Ztruker, Jul 18, 2015
  5. cobra1 Win User
    Its not the screen saver. It's the page you have to log in to it keep coming back to that if it sets a few min.

cobra1, Jul 18, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Attachment 25052

I think you need to change your settings as above

7. cobra1 Win User
    I have had it on that setting and it still makes me sign in

cobra1, Jul 18, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

One of two things:

- either, don't use a password, (local account only), or

-set display to 'never' turn off, (or both)

Edwin, Jul 18, 2015
  9. cobra1 Win User
    I have had it on that setting and it still makes me sign in

cobra1, Jul 18, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Try the 'netplwiz' settings; uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to remove the password lock - Similar Threads - remove password lock

2. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  3. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  4. How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen: This is urgent Coz the person who wants my computer has my email ID.... He can do forget password and then recover So how to remove it ? *He's not a criminal or something.....
  5. How to remove a password??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a password??: Hi, i have a password sign in with my Microsoft account and i dont want a password and i cant change it, i just have the option to "change" but i dont want to, how can i remove it?? [ATTACH]...
  6. How to lock or remove "www.greenstyle/it"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to lock or remove "www.greenstyle/it": Hi, A few days ago, ads have begun to appear on my screen with the source indicated www.greenStyle.it. It is an Italian website when, if opened, has many pages of ads. I can read Italian and the pop ups seem harmless. However, 1, the continuous pop ups are annoying 2. I've...
  7. How to lock or remove

How to lock or remove: Hi, A few days ago, ads have begun to appear on my screen with the source indicated www.greenStyle.it. It is an Italian website when, if opened, has many pages of ads. I can read Italian and the pop ups seem harmless. However, 1, the continuous pop ups are annoying 2. I've...
  8. how to lock folder with password

how to lock folder with password: ho to lock files, folder in win 10 laptop with password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-folder-with-password/812db0bf-3a6f-408b-9fd2-30af4d53d161"
  9. Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?: I've got a client who wants to get rid of the lock screen password requirement but keep the lock screen with the time etc. Obviously disabling the password requirement leaves the device vulnerable. I've found plenty of information on how to remove the lock screen or...
  10. How To Remove Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Remove Password?: So this is highly annoying. I have a password set for myself which is way too complex for a home computer, and I'm constantly entering it wrong. Went to change my password to a more simple version, but it's requiring I use upper cases, numbers, and symbols? I don't even want...