Windows 10: How to remove the "save energy" mode in Windows 10

Discus and support How to remove the "save energy" mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Since several days, the Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop is always in "save energy" mode, even when plugged on AC. So the screen is almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert_L6156, Aug 13, 2018.

1. How to remove the "save energy" mode in Windows 10

Hello,

Since several days, the Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop is always in "save energy" mode, even when plugged on AC.

So the screen is almost colorless and I cannot read it.

How to remove this save energy mode ?

Thanks

:)

Robert_L6156, Aug 13, 2018

2. C5 time-bar in energy saving mode

Pressing and holding the key shows the time and missed calls, yes. But I'm more interested why the time-bar in energy saving mode doesn't show clearly enough. If I really stress my eyes I can see the bar is there, but very dark. And by turning off the energy
    saving mode the bar won't be available at all, as it is an energy saving mode function.

DirkDiggler75, Aug 13, 2018
  3. HaPe---01 Win User
    Energy saving hint: WLAN power saving mode

I recently detected a possibility to save very much energy with the N8. In fact it doubled my possible usage time.

Go to your WLAN settings and check whether the option "power saving mode" is activated.

If not, do it.I'm not sure, but it seems that the option is not active by default.

I'm not facing any negative effect during using WLANs.

The very positive effect: during the workday in my office a WLAN is reachable, but I m not allowed to use (no password). Even here the powersaving mode is working. The N8 seems to be able to spend less energy also when in range of unknown WLANS.

With the "Nokia battery monitor" my estimation for "Active use" gets doubles from around ~12h to ~25h.

I hope this hint is useful for you.

HaPe---01, Aug 13, 2018
  4. How to remove the "save energy" mode in Windows 10

C5 time-bar in energy saving mode

It's not about color. The white background, compared to the black one on my E52, makes the time-bar in energy saving mode unreadable, probably beacuse the sceen goes much darker from white than from black. That's the problem, not the color of the background.

DirkDiggler75, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

How to remove the "save energy" mode in Windows 10

1. How to remove the "save energy" mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - remove save energy

2. Energy Saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Energy Saving: Hi, I like the default dark background in W10. But still there are some features in Windows, that will use Energy for no reason as the Screensaver. In a World thinking about his Energy poblems, you should disable the possibility to even activate such features. did you...
  3. How to turn off Display in laptop to save energy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off Display in laptop to save energy: Screensaver is on and login page when I get back ons but since I installed teamviewer my screensaver doesn’t work and it’s just stuck on lock screen to login. I want to save energy. Any advice? Would plugging into hdmi and keep tv off keep my laptop display off too and save...
  4. Balanced or energy saving mode Win10?

Balanced or energy saving mode Win10?: What's the difference in Windows 10's power plan between Balanced and Sleep? Ausbalanciert oder Energiesparmodus Win10?
  5. Laptop shuts down when it's in energy saving mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when it's in energy saving mode?: Hello, most of the time I don't shut down my laptop (Acer Aspire 3) because I have to leave important tabs open. That's why I only set it to energy saving mode. I have noticed that when it has been on for a few days, it shuts down when I click on save energy. My question:...
  6. The Windows Installer prevents the PC from falling asleep energy saving mode

The Windows Installer prevents the PC from falling asleep energy saving mode: [ATTACH] Does anyone have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-installer-prevents-the-pc-from-falling/ce06ca97-f360-4dc7-80a3-1f247760b8f0
  7. GPU clock energy saving?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU clock energy saving?: Hello, I like to save energy, who knows how I managed to get my 1070 to go down from the standard 1597mhz to 139 mhz, saves about 30watt in idle :) Change in NvidiaControllPanel under performance mode, whether adaptive or optimal does not change anything and in the...
  8. Computer restarts when trying to enter energy saving mode

Computer restarts when trying to enter energy saving mode: Hello somehow instead of going to sleep my computer always restarts when I try to enter the energy saving mode. This happens since I have totally new hardware. Thanks in advance....
  9. Windows 10 locking despite no energy saving or screensaver?

Windows 10 locking despite no energy saving or screensaver?: After a couple of minutes of inactivity, my win 10 goes black och when I press a key it goes to the login screen. Looks like "hibernation" or "sleep", except I have those set to "never" and this started happening today or yesterday without me changing any settings. The...
  10. Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10: How to: Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Energy Saver Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 introduces a new Energy Saver mode power option to help conserve the battery when the battery level reaches a specified...