Windows 10: How to remove these tiles?

Discus and support How to remove these tiles? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to remove them? also i cant drag apps *Sad [img] and how to fix this? [img] testing the 14997 build. x64 73781 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Win10Newb, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Win10Newb Win User

How to remove these tiles?

How to remove them? also i cant drag apps *Sad

How to remove these tiles? [​IMG]

and how to fix this?

testing the 14997 build. x64

:)

Win10Newb, Dec 31, 2016

2. how to remove these?

Close File Explorer and start it again. They should go away. I have seen this and it appears to be some kind "refresh" problem.

A_User_Here, Dec 31, 2016
  3. how to remove these?

multiple of these appeared and its annoying and unpleasant to see

YuniorFernandez, Dec 31, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Right click on the icon you want to remove and select Unpin from start.

Winuser, Dec 31, 2016
  5. Win10Newb Win User
    theres no option for that.

Win10Newb, Dec 31, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    @Win10Newb :
    Did you uninstall any default apps using PowerShell?

Edwin, Dec 31, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    If they are in Tablet Mode would that have anything to do with not having the option to unpin?

Winuser, Dec 31, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

When you right click on one of the icons you should get this.

Winuser, Dec 31, 2016
  9. spunk Win User
    You can also right click a tile and choose Turn Live Tile Off.

spunk, Dec 31, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    After looking at you pic again, I think Edwin is on the right track.

Winuser, Dec 31, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    Yup! No option to unpin, in my case, corrupt icons of corrupt app packages. Basically restart Explorer every time you boot up or log on.

Edwin, Dec 31, 2016
  12. Win10Newb Win User
    no, did not. but what i noticed is, after installing 14997, right when i log on to my desktop the powershell pop out and just stayed there, had to press the x button to close it.

i uninstalled some default apps using ccleaner, tho.

i guess i'll just have to reset it. see what happens *chuckle

Win10Newb, Jan 1, 2017
  13. Win10Newb Win User

my explorer restarts everytime i logon. just noticed it coz my desktop icons rearrange themselves. weird. *Think

Win10Newb, Jan 1, 2017
  14. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, if you're running 14997 you'll see a lot of weird hiccups!

If you get a mess on the Start Menu, much like I've got, every time you logon, then stuff them all in a 'Live Folder'and they'll stay there!

Edwin, Jan 1, 2017
  15. Win10Newb Win User
    thanks. i tried stuffing them all in and poof! they disappeared! lol! they're gone now. but still unable to drag new apps to tile. *Think

Win10Newb, Jan 1, 2017
Thema:

1. How to remove these tiles? - Similar Threads - remove tiles

2. Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed: Greyed out timeline tile doesn't get removedI know someone has asked the same question, but the answer doesn't work.The suggested way to remove the tile grey or not, I suppose is to delete the files in the "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform"...
  3. Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed: Greyed out timeline tile doesn't get removedI know someone has asked the same question, but the answer doesn't work.The suggested way to remove the tile grey or not, I suppose is to delete the files in the "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform"...
  4. Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable or remove Theme Aware Tiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable or remove Theme Aware Tiles in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There have been numerous reports on support forums, particularly Windows 10 PC users, that some apps’ background on the Start Menu tile is grey in contrast to the system Dark Mode theme. This is not a bug or glitch, and in this post, we explain why and the steps you...
  6. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  7. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  8. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Removing a quick link tile on Edge Kids Mode comes back after reboot.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing a quick link tile on Edge Kids Mode comes back after reboot.: Removing a quick link tile on Edge Kids Mode keeps coming back after computer reboots. I've tried toggling the sync settings in Accounts to off, I've unlinked OneDrive from the computer, and I've signed out of Edge browser. I've even tried replacing them with other websites...
  10. Remove "Theme aware" tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Theme aware" tiles: My PC updated from 1803 to 2104 randomly, and the new UI changes are revolting. I want to restore the old vibrant colorful tile design to make my start menu lively again. If not, can I rollback to 1803, or even 1507?...