Windows 10: How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere?

Discus and support How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have changed my login screen background picture using Windows 10 Login Screen Changer (available at the MyDigitalLife forums). Unfortunately, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rstrub1955, Mar 24, 2016.

1. How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere?

I have changed my login screen background picture using Windows 10 Login Screen Changer (available at the MyDigitalLife forums). Unfortunately, the option to Disable User Account picture won't work for me, so I had to delete all the copies of my account pic in the 'UserAccountPictures' folder, so that my login background image doesn't show my account pic.
    This also removes the account pic from the top of my Start menu, my User Account Profile, and online at all Microsoft sites.

There MUST be a way to enable an account picture everywhere EXCEPT on the login screen ...? I'm not adverse to editing the registry, or changing system files, if need be. I've been a computer enthusiast since the mid '80s, and I want my OS to do what I want it to do, not what the 'mighty' Microsoft deems to be the options I should be allowed to tinker with.

Any ideas?

:)

rstrub1955, Mar 24, 2016
  2. MYH111 Win User

How to change picture on Welcome screen in Windows 10

I have a picture on my welcome screen (the screen PRIOR to the login screen). I'd like to remove that picture or just go directly to the login screen. I can change the login screen background picture and the desktop picture no problem but can't seem
    to find where to access the properties for the welcome screen. I don't recall how I ever got that picture on the screen in the first place. Can anyone help? Thank you.

MYH111, Mar 24, 2016
  3. aldodin Win User
    windows 10 login microsoft account changed without approval

Hi Microsoft community,

I was using a local admin account without a login password (which get me into windows automatically upon booting computer) with my pc all along until i have this awkward moment of staring into my Hotmail/Microsoft account picture at a login screen today
    requesting for a password to sign into Windows.

I managed to sign in and wanted to remove my sign in password requirement then i realised that my default login account has been set to my hotmail/outlook account. OK, so i remove that account from account setting and switch back to my admin account and
    reboot but still have this awkward moment of staring into my Hotmail account picture being used as my admin account picture when windows is starting up. Initially, I have trouble removing the user account picture because there is no removal button to remove
    user account picture except an option to change user account picture but after some research, i managed to find the location of the default login user account picture and change back to it.

Have anyone's Microsoft login account been changed without their approval and anyone knows why this is happening?

Regards,

aldodin, Mar 24, 2016
  4. tracit99 Win User

How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere?

This no longer works in the later Insider Preview builds. If you have found a way I would like to know how you did it. I am currently using build 14388. I hate any picture on my login screen. MS has moved it elsewhere and has now made the account picture transparent.

tracit99, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere?

1. How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere? - Similar Threads - remove user picture

2. remove user account in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove user account in login screen: Hello, My windows 10 was set up originally with a local user account. Later I added my online account and deleted the local account from "control panel". So now there is only one account online account under "control panel->user accounts". I wanted to set up auto login from...
  3. How to remove deleted User Account from login screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove deleted User Account from login screen in Windows 10: A computer administrator can delete a user account without needing any password. That’s a huge drawback, but it is also by design giving admin users the ultimate authority. It may so happen that you have deleted a user account, but for some reason, its User Account Picture is...
  4. User logins disappeared from login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User logins disappeared from login screen: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I used to have a couple user accounts for sign in or etcetera, that i added. I then realized it got less. When i checked in the users folder, i realized that a couple sign user sign in had disappeared. I couldn't find it no matter where I looked..I only have...
  5. Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The...
  6. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

Remove user account picture on lock-screen.: I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working. This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow: [img] I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread...
  7. How to remove my picture from sign-in screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove my picture from sign-in screen?: I don't want a picture on my sign-in screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-picture-from-sign-in-screen/e6c9a0e3-0a54-42ee-b273-08f54ae43154
  8. How to remove a user from the list on the login screen

How to remove a user from the list on the login screen: It is my interpretation of what will be required when we upgrade to 2018 creators update (1803). This update will remove the HomeGroup. I have tried to set up a method which will use windows credentials to allow access to files on a PC on the same LAN. This needs a username...
  9. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen: If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build...
  10. How to remove the folders under "This PC" but keep them elsewhere?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove the folders under "This PC" but keep them elsewhere?: I couldn't fit it all in the title. Basically what I'm trying to ask for is if there is a way to remove the folders from "This PC" so I'm just displaying my hard drives like before. I'd like to keep the folders under quick access, and I would like to keep the folders in...