Windows 10: How to remove W10 Mail Program

Discus and support How to remove W10 Mail Program in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I need to remove the Mail program that came with W10 from my PC, or at least disable it. How do I do that? Thanks Daniel 81989 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by daniellouwrens, Apr 14, 2017.

1. How to remove W10 Mail Program

Hi

I need to remove the Mail program that came with W10 from my PC,
    or at least disable it.

How do I do that?

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Apr 14, 2017

2. How to remove programs in W10

Thanks Jim. That's sorted now.

But what ongoing problems now that I've got W10!

No internet connection. So I try to start up using W7.

No ntoskrnl.exe file.

It just puts a block in my way each time.

cryptogram, Apr 14, 2017
  3. JimWynne Win User
    How to remove programs in W10

Go to Programs and Features in Control Panel or press win key + x and select Programs and Features.

JimWynne, Apr 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How to remove W10 Mail Program

You can uninstall it - See the Tutorial section, search for uninstall, and keep hitting F3 until you find the tutorial about uninstalling apps. Or you could do a general internet search
    'How do you uninstall Mail "windows 10" '

Note- you will also uninstall the Calendar.

Question is, why bother? Repair actions on Windows reinstate the default apps, as does each build upgrade.

I've never used it- it's never bothered me. I use Thunderbird.

If your problem is about switching default email clients, and your choice isn't retained, that's another matter.

dalchina, Apr 14, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    Not any more. The CU upgrade doesn't put back apps you have uninstalled. It just gives you new apps you don't want instead *Wink

To remove the mail app you have to remove Calandar as well as they are packaged together under a product called WindowsCommunicationApps.

To remove them you can use Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

6. dalchina New Member
    *Roflmao2

dalchina, Apr 14, 2017
  7. Bummer, I keep forgetting about CCleaner...

Thanks guys, I got it removed, thanks for your help, what a useless program.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to remove W10 Mail Program

1. How to remove W10 Mail Program - Similar Threads - remove W10 Mail

2. W10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Mail: I have an Outlook email address, but I access it through W10 Mail. I am receiving emails that purport to be from MS, but the addresses appear strange, and the syntax is poor. They advise me that all old versions of MS email are being done away with, and that I need to update...
  3. How do we secure w10 mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do we secure w10 mail?: With my computer on any one can click the envelope icon and read my email. can we prevent this at the email app level? Jack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-secure-w10-mail/d80bdb9f-feef-4069-98e0-7db6af5d6080
  4. W10 mail app deletes mails

W10 mail app deletes mails: When I search for sent mails more than 30 days old on W10 mail app it brings up the list of mails but as soon as I click on the mail I want it appears for a split second then disappears. I repeat the search and sure enough I relocate the message but again as soon as I...
  5. Mail W10

Mail W10: Am unable to create FOLDERS in Mail W10. There is 'NO PLUS' sign showing. Can anyone help pls. thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-w10/73c5ffbf-08a0-4ad7-827d-3b1034597b77
  6. Remove w10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove w10: I am trying to remove w10 and go back to Ubuntu. I am signed on as Administrator and not as Local Administrator. Followed the instructions here on how to remove the Fast Start. However, they are not working. Any ideas how to do this? Any help appreciated. 138725
  7. Remove w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove w10: I am trying to remove w10 and go back to Ubuntu. I am signed on as Administrator and not as Local Administrator. Followed the instructions here on how to remove the Fast Start. However, they are not working. Any ideas how to do this? Any help appreciated. 138725
  8. Mail App in W10

Mail App in W10: I'd like to simplify the Inbox in W10's Mail App. I don't need to have similar items glued together - just want a sequential time/date list of sent and received emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-in-w10/b871905d-d255-447b-82ed-2671313582de
  9. live mail on W10

in Browsers and Email
    live mail on W10: Hi, I have successfully installed W10 on my PC. However when I try and run Live mail, the initial small panel appears, and a reduced, almost blank Live Mail work space, but at that point, the spinning disc continues spinning and the process stays at that point. Impossible to...
  10. How to safely remove W10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to safely remove W10?: I installed W10 in a E: partition and after trying it I prefer to remove it. I had boot problems lately in this laptop after formating and deleting the partition as I have always done to get rid of some testing OS. It didn't boot at all and needed to reinstall W8.1 wasting...