Windows 10: How to rename Hotmail account after reconnecting on Outlook 2013

Discus and support How to rename Hotmail account after reconnecting on Outlook 2013 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, By default, when adding hotmail accounts on Outlook using EAS, the account got added with FULL HOTMAIL NAME: L: xxx@hotmail.com. There... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nkaufman, Jan 27, 2017.

1. nkaufman Win User

How to rename Hotmail account after reconnecting on Outlook 2013

Hello,

By default, when adding hotmail accounts on Outlook using EAS, the account got added with FULL HOTMAIL NAME:
    L: xxx@hotmail.com.

There was a process by which the left pane of Outlook showed any Name that user wanted.

Now with reconnecting Hotmail account in Outlook (going to Exchange), the same situation of FULL HOTMAIL NAME in the left panel has come up.

The older process (with EAS) does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

:)

nkaufman, Jan 27, 2017

2. How to synchronize Outlook 2013 and Windows Phone 8

Have you installed and set up the Outlook Hotmail Connector? The Outlook Hotmail Connector is an add-in to Outlook and is used to sync Contacts and Appointments from Outlook 2010 (or earlier versions of Outlook) to a Windows Live/Outlook.com account.

You can learn how to set up the Outlook Hotmail Connector in this article that I have posted to my blog.

The Outlook Hotmail Connector is not used by Outlook 2013 since this functionality is built into Outlook 2013. Outlook 2013 syncs Contacts, Appointments and Tasks directly to a Windows Live/Outlook.com account

Julie fka profjulie, Jan 27, 2017
  3. name of outlook account

To syncronize your Outlook related data that is on your computer, you need to install the Outlook Hotmail Connector. The Outlook Hotmail Connector is an Add-in to Outlook 2010 (and earlier versions) and is used to sync the Outlook-related data between
    your computer and your Microsoft account. Once you've installed and set up the Outlook Hotmail Connector, the data will sync to your Microsoft account and then to your phone and vice versa.

See my article entitled "Using the Outlook Hotmail Connector" to learn how to set up the Outlook Hotmail Connector on your computer.

If you are using Outlook 2013 on your computer, you won't install the Outlook Hotmail Connector. See my article entitled "Sync Outlook 2013
    to a Microsoft Account" to learn how to set up Outlook 2013 to sync to your Microsoft Acctount.

Like you, the primary Microsoft account that I use on my windows phone does not use a Microsoft related email address. Instead I am using an @mindspring.com email address. I have set up the Outlook Hotmail Account on my computer to sync my Outlook 2010 data
    to this Microsoft account.

Julie fka profjulie, Jan 27, 2017
  4. How to rename Hotmail account after reconnecting on Outlook 2013

When you say old process were you connecting to "Hotmail" as a POP account?

Mine shows exactly as yours does but even before I did the reconnect it showed that way.

Caledon Ken, Jan 27, 2017
  5. nkaufman Win User
    No, POP was old old way. Then MS moved to EAS and now Exchange.

nkaufman, Jan 27, 2017
  6. nkaufman Win User
    So no-one has experienced the issue that I'm talking about *Wink

nkaufman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to rename Hotmail account after reconnecting on Outlook 2013

1. How to rename Hotmail account after reconnecting on Outlook 2013 - Similar Threads - rename Hotmail account

2. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  3. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  4. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. outlook hotmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook hotmail: why do i have 2 inbox 2 sent 2 draft etc is there a way to fix this in my hotmail ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-hotmail/95c41955-1ac5-4668-a794-e242b9a7613c
  6. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  7. Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I thought this might have been the result of a recent update, but it only affects one of my machines. Normally, I use Outlook without "signing in" to a Microsoft/ MS Office account. I independently, during account setup, set up my hotmail account. This was fine on both of my...
  8. Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access: I have Office Professional 2013 installed, and with that comes Outlook 2013 email as the prime account. I have one Gmail and two Hotmail email accounts linked to the Outlook 2013 email account, and usually accessible via the Outlook Mail app. However, since 02 July...
  9. Issues with hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Issues with hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016: I have many hotmail accounts (over 10) and was using Windows Live Mail 2012. Because WLM stopped support for ActiveSync, I switched to Outlook 2016. One issue I see is when I add my hotmail accounts to outlook, some are setup as "Microsoft Exchange" and some are "Exchange...
  10. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259