Windows 10: How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?

Discus and support How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am not a graphics expert or have nothing to do with 3D modelling and hence have no use for the folder name "3D objects". I would rather rename... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shridhar P, Aug 14, 2018.

1. How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?

Hi,

I am not a graphics expert or have nothing to do with 3D modelling and hence have no use for the folder name "3D objects".

I would rather rename it to something useful like "Work"

please can you assist me in this?

I followed these steps:
    https://superuser.com/a/1067954

to achieve only change in the label name.

I need change in the path name too, as when after changing the label, when i opened the folder in command prompt, the path name had 3D objects.

i have reverted the changes done by me.

Requesting your help.

:)

Shridhar P, Aug 14, 2018
  2. BossDweeb Win User

3D Objects folder

Hee, hee...

So your main User folder has become the 3D Objects folder (meaning anything that needs to access your User folder would get

lost and not be able to save, or may crash, etc. due to the new Folder name ) ?

When you open the 3D Objects/User folder you see the normal User stuff such as Photos, Music, Documents, etc. and a
    3D Objects folder ?

If there is a 3D Objects folder within the renamed User folder, are you able to rename your User folder back ?

- Not clear on what method you used when tried to relocate the folder and "accidentally set it to my user folder"
    though.

Was this in the 3D Objects Folders > Properties > Location tab ?

If so, try going back to Location and clicking on Restore, or try the Move option again.

- Failing that go the distance and try full a System Restore to a time before the bungle.

- Or you may have to repair/create a new User Account.

Likhitha describes the method in the thread below.

windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/how-do-i-fix-a-corrupt-user-profile-in-win10

Basically - "Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new user profile, transfer all the data from the corrupted user

to the newly created user profile and check if the issue is resolved."...
    Then delete your original now empty folder.

BossDweeb, Aug 14, 2018
  3. RogerH_17 Win User
    3D Objects folder

No, fortunately, it's not that serious.

My user folder is still intact and everything works OK. Its just that it has the '3D Objects' label assigned to it.

For instance, in explorer view it displays as 3D Objects but when I click the address bar the full path displays correctly as C:\users\<username>. There is no functional impact just an annoyance. In the unlikely event that I use
    Paint 3D or Mixed Reality Viewer at some point my user folder may become untidy with 3D Object files.

I moved 3D Objects via it's properties location tab. However, this will no longer allow me to relocate it saying
    Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location which cannot be redirected. Access is denied. I get the same message where ever I try to move it.

RogerH_17, Aug 14, 2018
  4. RogerH_17 Win User

How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?

3D Objects folder

In trying to relocate the 3D Objects folder somehow I have managed to accidentally set it to my user folder. My user folder and its contents are still intact but the folder name appears as '3D Objects'. How do I correct this?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

RogerH_17, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?

1. How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"? - Similar Threads - rename default folder

2. 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D objects not opening with 3D viewer: Hello,I want to tell you that my 3D projects are not opening with 3D viewer when I double click on them. They are opening when we right click > Open or with Paint 3D. I have made them with Paint 3D in Windows 10 but when I joined the Insider Program for Windows 11 they are...
  3. 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D objects not opening with 3D viewer: Hello,I want to tell you that my 3D projects are not opening with 3D viewer when I double click on them. They are opening when we right click > Open or with Paint 3D. I have made them with Paint 3D in Windows 10 but when I joined the Insider Program for Windows 11 they are...
  4. 3D objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D objects: Stats: windows V 20h2 build 19042_685 I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I'm afraid to alter the Registry. Never have touched it. Seems all instructions to get rid of such junk and the like require the alteration of the registry. If this post is moved please say...
  5. DaveM121 please help! Merged 3D Objects and user profile folder while moving 3D Objects to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DaveM121 please help! Merged 3D Objects and user profile folder while moving 3D Objects to...: Hi everyone, hopefully hi DaveM121, I have a similiar problem you have already solved for user MaxT2593: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/help-merged-3d-objects-and-user-profile-while/186a026c-49a0-4b58-a49a-07ff09025cec I also merged...
  6. Windows 10 3D Objects Folder

Windows 10 3D Objects Folder: A while back I modified the "3D Objects" folder under "This PC" to point to and be renamed as a folder in C:\ called "01 My Docs." Then some updates were applied to the PC and the name reverted back to "3D Objects." However, it appeared that the location was still applied;...
  7. Transparency for 3D objects in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency for 3D objects in Paint 3D: I came across a question asking about the opacity of 3D objects. While currently you are unable to manipulate the opacity of 3D objects, you CAN get around this issue by creating a 2D object with your desired opacity level and color, then clicking "Make 3D" on the right-hand...
  8. Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder: Want to move my User settings to another partition but non-tenforums steps are wrong. Now my 3D Objects appears as a folder 'Dave', in my User folder alongside Pictures, etc. (I moved it back there.) I've read the tutorials on this site and will follow. But how do I make my...
  9. 3D objects

3D objects: I tried to get rid of the 3D objects folder that appeared on my computer, but I combined it with my documents. Now I have two sections that say documents and have all my documents. When I delete one folder from one, it deletes it from the other. I just want the document...
  10. remove 3d objects from users folder

in Windows 10 Support
    remove 3d objects from users folder: Hi brink .how do I remove 3d objects from users folder [img] 97807

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rename 3d objects windows 10

2. rename 3d objects folder windows 10

3. Rename 3d objets name

4. change 3d objets name ,
  5. RENAME 3d objects folder,
  6. rename 3d object windows 10,
  7. how to rename 3d objects windows 10,
  8. renaming 3d objects folder windows,
  9. how can i rename the win 10 folder 3d objects,
  10. how to rename 3d foldr,
  11. rename to 3d objects from d:\,