Windows 10: How to Replace "larger" file upon collision.

Discus and support How to Replace "larger" file upon collision. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I currently use both TeraCopy and FastCopy for a variety of tasks on my machine. One thing I do have an issue with, is a feature that either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clinthutson, Mar 6, 2018.

1. How to Replace "larger" file upon collision.

Hello,

I currently use both TeraCopy and FastCopy for a variety of tasks on my machine. One thing I do have an issue with, is a feature that either I cannot find, and/or am not aware about in either of these programs or on Windows 10.

Is there a way, upon a duplicate filename, to replace the "larger" file with a "smaller" file? I can currently replace the file only if the new version is larger than the previous.

Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Clint

:)

clinthutson, Mar 6, 2018
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Mar 6, 2018
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

How to Replace "larger" file upon collision.

1. How to Replace "larger" file upon collision. - Similar Threads - Replace larger file

2. How to properly swap out an M.2 SSD for a larger size replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to properly swap out an M.2 SSD for a larger size replacement: I have an ASRock X399 Taichi, 128GB ram running Windows 10 Professional. This motherboard has 3 M.2 slots. I currently have a 960GB in M.2 slot 1 and it is my O/S drive. I another 960 GB in slot 2. It is my intention to replace the slot 1 M.2 with a 2TB M.2. I then want to...
  3. What is Disk Signature Collision? How to fix Disk Signature Collision problem on Windows?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Disk Signature Collision? How to fix Disk Signature Collision problem on Windows?: [ATTACH] Storage devices are an important part of the computer system for saving, porting and extracting data files. In order to differentiate between storage devices on your computer system, each storage devices are tagged with a unique number called Disk Signature [...]...
  4. Replace boot and storage SSD with larger SSD: Move OS and programs/files to new Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Replace boot and storage SSD with larger SSD: Move OS and programs/files to new Drive: Hello, I have one SSD that contains my Windows 10 installation as well as some common apps/games. I recently purchased a larger SSD that I would like to use instead and the old SSD will be wiped clean and put into a different PC. What is the best way to move all of my apps,...
  5. Replace C drive with larger 1.

Replace C drive with larger 1.: My computer is a refurbished Dell Optiplex 9010 that came with the 118GB HdD C-drive that fills up fast when working with graphics. I did a disk image with Macrium ReflectDL, which is stored on (D). What is best way to get the image on (storage D)? Both reside in the same bay...
  6. How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ): TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the previous version of the note pad? full story: I reset my windows. after that, I get a problem where my notepad files that...
  7. Replace present C drive with larger 2 Tb drive

Replace present C drive with larger 2 Tb drive: My C drive is only 118 Gb. with 23.8 Gb free space. I have a 2 Tb. external Hard drive that I would like to make my C drive with Macrium Reflect image back-up on the 2Tb disk. Should I proceed with putting the 2 Tb Hd in the place of my existing C drive & boot with the boot...
  8. How to REPLACE Win 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to REPLACE Win 10 File Explorer: Hello all, my first post here, since it seems IMPOSSIBLE to google up anything useful about this question. I'm not exactly sure whether I'm in the correct subforum, but it did say "tweaks" which seems to fit. I can't help starting with a little rant, distasteful as it may...
  9. Drive signature collision

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Drive signature collision: Moderator, please delete this thread as I no longer have an interest. 83580
  10. How to replace system file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to replace system file?: I have a major problem on my desktop Win 10 Pro X64 computer. I won't go into all the detail since I'm still problem solving on my own. However, I do need help with one issue so I can continue problem solving. Part of the problem is that my mouse is not working and it...