Windows 10: How to replace my laptop's Audio Driver with Windows' ?

Discus and support How to replace my laptop's Audio Driver with Windows' ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone! There's only one thing I hate about my new Lenovo laptop (510-15IKB) and that is speakers. Even the cheapest laptops have better sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Outsider4, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Outsider4 Win User

How to replace my laptop's Audio Driver with Windows' ?

Hey everyone! There's only one thing I hate about my new Lenovo laptop (510-15IKB) and that is speakers. Even the cheapest laptops have better sound quality. I think it might be the audio driver called Conexant HD Audio. I uninstalled it and disabled driver updates via Local Group Policy Editor. I use Win 10 Creator's Update, version 1703. After uninstalling that craprogram Windows' HD Audio Driver installed itself automatically. My speakers sounded much clearer, there was no sizzle sound. It's been 10 minutes and bam it says restarting is required. Conexant has installed. God damn it! I hate win 10. I'd use Win 7 if my laptop was compatible with it. I hate garbage, useless things like this so much. They just happen and don't leave you alone

Seems like the topic below didn't help me with this problem :/
    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

:)

Outsider4, Aug 6, 2017

2. How do I keep windows from installing Conexant SmartAudio HD drivers?

The sound on my laptop works fine, the only problem is that I think Conexant SmartAudio HD audio driver is garbage and I can't get rid of it. I'd rather have windows high definition audio device, but no matter how many times I uninstall Conexant SmartAudio
    HD and have it replaced with windows high definition audio device, Conexant drivers will either randomly install or they will be installed again after I turn on my computer next time. How do I get rid of Conexant SmartAudio HD for good?

GaloSengen69, Aug 6, 2017
  3. Altec Lansing VS 2621 Speaker Compatibility

During troubleshooting set audio to default - - this worked with my old Altec speakers for my Dell desktop PC. I suspect that windows 10 replaced old driver with HD Audio driver in update over past weekend!!

All my laptops used built-in sound or Bluetooth and did not have this problem.

Thanx,

Dan

Danconsulting, Aug 6, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 7, 2017
  5. Outsider4 Win User
    Outsider4, Aug 7, 2017
  6. Outsider4 Win User
    Seems like it worked. That stupid pop up is still there, saying you need to restart your computer. I was like what if Windows installs it back after restarting my laptop. I was ready for a disappointment and I tested it. It didn't install anything. Thanks!

Outsider4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to replace my laptop's Audio Driver with Windows' ? - Similar Threads - replace laptop's Audio

2. My laptop keeps replacing my audio drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps replacing my audio drivers: I own an asus laptop with realtek R audio. I switch out the drivers and as a result, I have to restart my laptop. I have the new drivers installed for a minute or 2, but then windows not only gets rid of, but replaces the drivers completely with the original ones. I don't...
  3. My laptop keeps replacing my audio drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps replacing my audio drivers: I own an asus laptop with realtek R audio. I switch out the drivers and as a result, I have to restart my laptop. I have the new drivers installed for a minute or 2, but then windows not only gets rid of, but replaces the drivers completely with the original ones. I don't...
  4. My laptop keeps replacing my audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  6. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  7. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Home - Keeps Replacing Audio Driver

Windows 10 Home - Keeps Replacing Audio Driver: I have a Zoom R8 audio interface and have recently downloaded the latest driver for it, from the manufacturer's website. I installed the driver, restarted the pc and checked that the driver is present in apps and settings. All correct. Except my interface will not work with...
  9. Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver

Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver: HiI have used 6 below mentioned steps to replace Microsoft driver and install Realtek driver Actually need to replace other drivers as well but not working out. Intention is to remove: Audioendpoint.inf which is getting picked by default to many audio device components...
  10. Replacement Audio Driver.

Replacement Audio Driver.: On a recent update February 28, 2020, I lost my current Audio driver, which muted Cortana an Alexa, How do I get a functional Audio Driver. I am running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion Laptop. I have checked all of the settings and am sure the problem is the Audio Driver...