Windows 10: How to replace wifi icon with ethernet/hardlined icon

Discus and support How to replace wifi icon with ethernet/hardlined icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change the wifi symbol to look like I'm hardlined into the internet? I saw a thread that showed how to replace all of the taskbar internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by citrii, Mar 24, 2018.

1. citrii Win User

How to replace wifi icon with ethernet/hardlined icon

How can I change the wifi symbol to look like I'm hardlined into the internet? I saw a thread that showed how to replace all of the taskbar internet symbols at once, but not how to individually change or mask them. Thank you

:)

citrii, Mar 24, 2018
  2. sxsrulez Win User

system tray wifi icon changed after using Shareit

so, i was using ShareIt on my windows 10. when i closed it, i still found my system tray that an ethernet icon was showing with no internet access where it used to show wifi icon. still it is showing that ethernet icon only unless i connect to a wifi network.
    and as soon as i disconnect it, it again starts showing that same no internet ethernet icon. How to change it back to the wifi icon ?

sxsrulez, Mar 24, 2018
  3. Network icon disappeared from taskbar after Windows 10 Update 1511

What exacatly worked for you? What behaviour did you solved?

I tried and restarted but always the same:

the airplane icon overrides (replace) the ethernet (wired lan) icon.

This is my behaviour:

wifi on - wifi icon

airplane ON - airplane icon

at this point I insert my ethernet plug, I still get the airplane Icon but the connection works.

If i switch oFf airplane mode, the ethernet icon comes back.

This is different from before 1511 where we shoulgd get the ethernet icon AND the airplane icon

I believe that was more correct because airplane mode acts and switches the wireless devices (wifi an bluetooth)

How does it work with you?

PowerDrome73, Mar 24, 2018
  4. How to replace wifi icon with ethernet/hardlined icon

Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

Could I ask why you would want to do this?

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 24, 2018
  5. You can achieve this by using Resource Tuner 2. The wifi/ethernet symbols are located in the pnidui.dll file where you can manually change them to whatever you want. Just make sure to have proper backups of your system before proceeding, if this file is protected by the OS then simply replacing it might not be that easy. You may have to replace it where ever Windows keeps the dll backups these days

mylastsong18, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to replace wifi icon with ethernet/hardlined icon

1. How to replace wifi icon with ethernet/hardlined icon - Similar Threads - replace wifi icon

2. Windows showing Ethernet icon instead of WiFi

in Windows 10 News
    Windows showing Ethernet icon instead of WiFi: [ATTACH]We cannot imagine our lives without an internet connection. We connect to the internet through various devices we use like mobile phones, PC, etc. When we connect to the internet on our PC, we see the Ethernet icon if we connect through Ethernet cable and the Wi-Fi...
  3. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet: Today my pc started having a problem that a globe icon is showing instead of the standard ethernet icon. When the globe icon shows up my internet is gone. When starting up my pc the ethernet logo will show but switches to the globe icon. Any help will be much appreciated....
  4. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet: Today my pc started having a problem that a globe icon is showing instead of the standard ethernet icon. When the globe icon shows up my internet is gone. When starting up my pc the ethernet logo will show but switches to the globe icon. Any help will be much appreciated....
  5. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. how to change the WiFI icon into ethernet icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change the WiFI icon into ethernet icon: I want to change the wifi icon into ethernet when I'm on wifi is there a way to do that??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-wifi-icon-into-ethernet-icon/6680ddab-6109-4cbe-bcc6-e020315f8dfe
  7. How do I give the Ethernet icon in the taskbar priority over the WiFi icon?

How do I give the Ethernet icon in the taskbar priority over the WiFi icon?: It used to be that when I had the computer connected to an ethernet cable, the ethernet icon would display in the taskbar regardless of whether the WiFi was connected or not. It would look like this: [ATTACH] However, now when I have the ethernet cable plugged in, and the...
  8. How to replace missing printer icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to replace missing printer icon: My print icon at the bottom of my computer has disappeared from bar on the bottom of my screen. How do I reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-replace-missing-printer-icon/59878bf5-6bc5-4ddd-8656-ca67df38fdd1
  9. Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update

Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update: Howdy all, Recently I've updated my OS to the latest version, only to find that the dynamic WiFi symbol on the taskbar has been replaced with a static Ethernet icon -- despite the fact I still utilise my net card primarily over my Ethernet cord. I've tried the .reg method...
  10. Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Wi-fi icon replaced with Ethernet icon after Windows 10 update: Howdy all, Recently I've updated my OS to the latest version, only to find that the dynamic WiFi symbol on the taskbar has been replaced with a static Ethernet icon -- despite the fact I still utilise my net card primarily over my Ethernet cord. I've tried the .reg method...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 how to replace the Airplane mode icon with the ethernet icon

2. how to check your wifi password if hardlined