Windows 10: How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge

Discus and support How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there I can't use EDGE as my default browser as I have a few media servers and as has been pointed out that as EDGE is a universal app addresses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, May 23, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge

Hi there

I can't use EDGE as my default browser as I have a few media servers and as has been pointed out that as EDGE is a universal app addresses like 127.0.0.1:8000 (i.e localhost type stuff) are no longer addressable. I need these types of addresses to use the web interface control settings on various of my media servers so I want to reset IE as the default app.

There was a previous question on this but I can't seem to find it any more.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 23, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge Problems...

IE is still available in Windows 10. Edge is just set as the default browser. All you have to do to use IE instead of Edge is to change the default in :

Settings > System > Default apps > Browser

GautamMurugesh, May 23, 2015
  3. How do I change my default browser from Edge back to IE?

Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps, etc.

Don

Don Varnau, May 23, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Attachment 19764
    Is this what you're looking for?

Cliff S, May 23, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks --I knew it was there somewhere - but it's easy to forget things like that if you rarely use them.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 23, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Specially when almost everything is getting moved around*Smile.

Cliff S, May 23, 2015
  7. Umi4 Win User
    Ahh...now I know why my local proxy that I will never do without doesn't work on Spartan.

How come I can't set Pale Moon or Fx to default for .pdf? That's not a choice on them. Why? They have a builtin PDF reader I use all the time. Spartan has .pdf currently. Why can't I change that? I won't be using Spartan at all ever since it can't connect to my local proxy.

Umi4, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge - Similar Threads - reset default browser

2. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10: Can't change the default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-any-browser-as-the-default-browser/29c54e57-06dd-48ca-9883-13d71614fc47
  3. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10: Can't change the default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-any-browser-as-the-default-browser/29c54e57-06dd-48ca-9883-13d71614fc47
  4. Cannot set IE as a default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set IE as a default browser: I want to have IE as a default browser. I am trying to set it using Chrome. I do it in the following way: select Internet Options, then Programs but the Programs tab disappears after that. I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it again but nothing has changed...
  5. Making IE 11 the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE 11 the default browser: Our company still use IE 11 for many things and I was looking for a way to make it the default browser, anybody got some good tips on how to do this? many thx *Biggrin 125823
  6. Win 10 Keeps changing the default Browser back to IE / Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Keeps changing the default Browser back to IE / Edge: All- I change the default browser back to Chrome at least 3 times a week. I seems like everytime someone sends me a URL in a MS app (Skype for Business, Outlook, etc) .. and I click that link 1) The URL opens in IE or Edge .. and 2) It changes my default browser back to...
  7. How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?: Hello everyone, i want to auto save credentials during sign in instead of doing manually. is there any way please guide me? [img] Thanks. 79550
  8. Edge is default but things open in IE

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is default but things open in IE: Hi. I'm using W10 and have Edge as the default browser (I also use Chrome and Firefox). Some programs are automatically opening in Internet Explorer such as when I open Google+ photos or when software updates and shows what has changed on its website. Any ideas how to change...
  9. edge browser emulates IE -not a fan anymore

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser emulates IE -not a fan anymore: since after the recent upgrade to win10, edge browser received additional addons like lastpass. i though oh great news.. however, edge has been behaving quite like IE. page loads freeze. get popup "page unresponsive" so much so, i would have to close it and use an alternative...
  10. How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?: Hello! I mistakenly chose IE as the browser for my emails to open in when I imported my mails from outlook and I wish to change this to MS Edge. How to I go about this? I've checked in the settings, but it doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for. MY IE doesn't function...