Windows 10: How to reset NFTS file permissions?

Discus and support How to reset NFTS file permissions? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; You could lleave it as fat32 but convert to ntfs is bomb proof as its a MS tool Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Samuria, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Samuria Win User

How to reset NFTS file permissions?

You could lleave it as fat32 but convert to ntfs is bomb proof as its a MS tool

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
  2. mctimbu Win User

Recently I had permissions problems with Windows Search, then I run Permissions Time Machine to restore the permissions to default (according this topic: Windows Search and Indexing Broken)

After this, I receive a blue screen on startup, with the 0xC000021A code.

In Advanced Startup Options, I receive an "access denied" for all files that I try access in command prompt!

However, I can access all these files by Ubuntu Live CD. There are a way to recover the permissions without reinstall Windows?

:)

mctimbu, Apr 24, 2018
  3. MMlist empty

It is possible to change permissions in Win2K if the file system is NFTS but not if your harddrive is formated in FAT32.

teurastaja, Apr 24, 2018
  4. KC Roach Win User

Media Player skips forward in middle of song

I will try that and report back on whether is works or not. Which file formats does WM5.0 recognize: FAT, NFTS...

Kevin

KC Roach, Apr 24, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Welcome to the forum. Without knowing what permission has been set to it's hard to say if you read the post you would they had similar problem and had to reinstall windows. You can copy files off via Linux but if you can post what permission is we may be able to help but it sounds as if everyone has no access

Samuria, Apr 24, 2018
  6. mctimbu Win User
    I have some ideas.

There is a way to login with de SYSTEM account?

Or change the permissions of a user from other Windows installation by PowerShell? I could install Windows in other partition, and do this.

mctimbu, Apr 24, 2018
  7. Samuria Win User
    You need a Windows live DVD to boot from to what permission is set of its re.set all the drive it's impossible to set it back. If it's just set one account there is hope I read it's set every folder to deny that's why you can't do anything

Samuria, Apr 24, 2018
  8. mctimbu Win User

Where I can download Windows Live DVD?

mctimbu, Apr 24, 2018
  9. lx07 Win User
  10. mctimbu Win User
    I did this, and create a initializable pen drive with PowerISO. However, it don't work as a Live CD/USB.

mctimbu, Apr 24, 2018
  11. lx07 Win User
  12. mctimbu Win User
    I booted with WinPE (Live CD). That`s curious: the information of the disk size and free disk space don`t appear, however I can access all archives.

How to reset NFTS file permissions? [​IMG]

At the security tab, I have permission for only an unknown user. The permissions seem corrupted. There is a way to restore default permissions?

How to reset NFTS file permissions? [​IMG]

mctimbu, Apr 24, 2018
  13. Samuria Win User

Onthe root it should be system,admin.users, authenticated but other folders have lots of users like installer so its very complicated. post setting from progam files see if its effected all the drive

Samuria, Apr 25, 2018
  14. mctimbu Win User
    Yes, I have same setting for all files in the drive.

I will try this:

- Install Windows in other partition
    - Bypass NFTS permissions: reddit: the front page of the internet
    - Run ICACLS C: /T /Q /C /RESET

mctimbu, Apr 25, 2018
  15. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Apr 25, 2018
Thema:

1. How to reset NFTS file permissions? - Similar Threads - reset NFTS file

2. Need help resetting file permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help resetting file permissions.: So... my old pc died and I had to buy new parts and do a fresh install of windows. I forgot that one of my drives have permission lock i think? It has been quite a while. So when I open the videos it goes 'file not found' while it's obviously there it has duration and size...
  3. how to reset admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset admin permissions: i was wondering how i reset admin permissions because i tried having it so you dont need an admin password now there is no admin and i cant apply anything to the cumputer. basically on the computer it has no admin so you cant add anything to it and im trying to figure out how...
  4. how to reset admin permissions

how to reset admin permissions: i was wondering how i reset admin permissions because i tried having it so you dont need an admin password now there is no admin and i cant apply anything to the cumputer. basically on the computer it has no admin so you cant add anything to it and im trying to figure out how...
  5. how to reset admin permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error: Hello, yesterday I tried to factory reset my computer but during the factory reset, a Blue Screen of Death would keep popping up with the code NFTS FILE SYSTEM. I searched for some solutions online but none of them work, I can't access the startup repair menu or safe mode...
  7. NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error

NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error: Hello, yesterday I tried to factory reset my computer but during the factory reset, a Blue Screen of Death would keep popping up with the code NFTS FILE SYSTEM. I searched for some solutions online but none of them work, I can't access the startup repair menu or safe mode...
  8. NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. EXFAT and NFTS compatibility

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXFAT and NFTS compatibility: I have an external SSD drive for file storage/archiving (Oyen), formatted EXFAT. My Dell w/Windows 10 is NFTS. Will there be any problems or speed issues using this combo, or is it necessary to convert the External Drive to NFTS?...
  10. How to reset default file permissions for these directories?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reset default file permissions for these directories?: The other day, I was trying to fix Windows Default Apps not working by adding "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" to the following directories as indicated here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2798317 However, it seems to have messed up the permissions as what I did was...