Windows 10: How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default

Discus and support How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently changed my Windows 10 theme to the color "dark grey." Now that's the color of everything of course and I can't seem to change it back. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mtader, Sep 14, 2017.

1. mtader Win User

How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default

I recently changed my Windows 10 theme to the color "dark grey." Now that's the color of everything of course and I can't seem to change it back. I never changed it before, it used to be the top bar of applications was white while the task bar was black. Now its all one color. I don't see a default button anywhere and am wondering if anyone knows how to reset the settings.

Thanks.

:)

mtader, Sep 14, 2017
  2. M.Varis Win User

Locked out of Windows after Fall Creators Update

Ok, I did not know of that Double Login issue with Creators Update. Maybe this is related?

Yes, true that Safe Mode should not load any 3rd party stuff so those might not be to blame. But I would still like to reset my boy's user account theme to Windows 10 default. To be sure.

I googled that Personalise\Themes settings in Registry are here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes

Those are my settings. So if I were to edit my boys theme, I would need to edit his registry keys, as shown here:

How to edit hkey_current_user for another user

Now I just need to google up how to safely edit those theme Registry keys to reset the theme to Windows 10 default.

M.Varis, Sep 14, 2017
  3. windows 10 default theme

Hello notpcsavvy,

The default theme for Windows 10 is the "aero.theme" file in the "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes" folder.

Option 1 or 2 in the tutorial below can help show you how to change your theme to the default "Windows" theme if needed.

Change Theme in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

There's a lot of choices when right-clicking a blank area of the desktop, choosing Personalize. There's Background, Colors, Themes, etc.

Berton, Sep 14, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  6. mtader Win User
    Thanks but when I follow that tutorial my screen is a little different (as shown). I went to the high contrast area and everything is turned off. I should mention that this started when I got a new background program that had the option to sync the Windows Color with the background. At the time I had a grey background which is why everything turned grey but I since disabled that and am unable to turn it back. I attached a picture to show where it says grey colored. I see that it says I have a custom screen but I don't see a reset button anywhere.

How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default [​IMG]

How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default [​IMG]

Thanks again.

mtader, Sep 15, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 15, 2017
  8. mtader Win User

Thanks! On the setting "show accent color on the following surfaces" I had both things checked which was the issue.

mtader, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Reset Windows 10 Theme to Default - Similar Threads - Reset Theme Default

2. How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10: In this post, we will show you how to reset the Registry Editor window position, size, etc. to its default settings in Windows 10. Before you begin, close the Registry Editor, create a system restore point and then run the reg file that we have given below as a download....
  3. How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset fonts to default in Windows 10: I am using JavaFX Scene builder in Windows 10. I have installed Segoe UI fonts on my Windows 10 computer and accidentally deleted the default Segoe UI fonts from the registary. And what happened is all my windows UI fonts turn into wired symbols. So, I searched the web...
  4. How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?: I screwed around a bit too much, and i just need a fresh breath of air for my computer. submitted by /u/-Morgz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59sxi/how_to_reset_windows_10_to_default_settings/
  5. Reset the Windows 10 Theme

Reset the Windows 10 Theme: The latest update has changed the look and feel of my tool bar, apps, screen etc. How can I change the look and feel/theme/colours back to the default Windows 10?...
  6. How to set the default High Contrast Theme

How to set the default High Contrast Theme: I have setup a custom high contrast theme at work. When I need to share my screen with others on Skype/Lync I switch back to a standard windows them as most people are thrown off when they see a non-standard layout. Unless you are used to High Contrast it can sometimes be...
  7. Theme Suggestions? Closest thing to Windows 10 default theme?

Theme Suggestions? Closest thing to Windows 10 default theme?: Hello! I am trying to locate a windows 10 theme that actually mimics the default theme. (meaning looks like the original) I want this because I only want to make minor changes to the UI but pretty much want most of it to stay unchanged. Editing the default theme presents a...
  8. How to delete Windows 10 default themes

How to delete Windows 10 default themes: I have 4 High contrast themes that I will never use. therefore I want to delete them. Is that possible ? Google doesn't help 26824
  9. Windows 10 default blue theme

Windows 10 default blue theme: Hi, just started on a Windows 10 migration for a client. The client has previously used the Windows 10 Preview and really liked the 'blue' theme. The client doesn't really like the darkened black theme that now comes as default on Windows 10. Anyone know how to revert back to...
  10. Restore Default Themes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Themes in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Themes in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Themes in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the change themes as often as you like. The default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows theme

2. windows 10 default theme restore

3. reset themes windows 10

4. reset theme,
  5. how to reset themes in windows 10,
  6. windows 10 reset theme to default,
  7. windows 10 default theme,
  8. restore default theme windows 10,
  9. restore windows 10 theme to default,
  10. reset windows 10 themes to default,
  11. reset theme to default,