Windows 10: How to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 to fix download issues

Discus and support How to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 to fix download issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Are you stuck trying to download and install Windows 10 updates? Don’t worry though, we’ll show you how to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 to fix download issues

Are you stuck trying to download and install Windows 10 updates? Don’t worry though, we’ll show you how to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 in this guide.

It is of prime importance to be able to download all the latest updates on Windows 10 as it provides the operating system with the latest security patches, bug fixes, important driver updates, cosmetic updates and also receives the new features and updates.

If you are unable to download these updates onto your Windows 10 machines, here’s how you can reset and fix the update components of Windows 10. One solution is to reset the windows update service which will fix most of the common occurrences of the windows update problems. That is if the update service or the cache has a problem or has been corrupted or if the required components are missing.

We’ll go through few routes through which we can fix the Windows Update component and let you install the updates.

Windows Update Troubleshooter

First, we’ll use the built-in “Windows Update Troubleshooter” tool from Microsoft. This tool will help you figure out the problem and rest the windows update component automatically.

• Download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft. You can do so from here.
    • In the menu, choose Windows Update and click on Next.
    • If you are provided with an option to do so as an administrator then click ‘Try troubleshooting as an administrator’, select Windows Update and click Next.
    • If the Troubleshooter finds any problem, it’ll fix it for you. Then close the utility tool.
    • Do the same steps but this time in the menu choose ‘Windows Networking Diagnostics’ to make sure there is no network related issues that are preventing from you to download the Windows 10 updates. Again wait for the tool to resolve any problem that it may find and close the troubleshooter tool.

To see if the problem has been resolved, restart your computer and check the Windows update component. It should work fine now.

Fix the Windows Update issues manually

Second, we’ll try and fix the Windows update problem manually. Instead of depending on the troubleshooter tool from Microsoft. You can resolve the problem manually by installing the latest Windows 10 updates.

• Visit the Windows 10 update history webpage where you can notice the logs of all the previous Windows updates that have been released.
    • For the most recently released update, note down the KB number.
    • Now use Windows Update Catalog Website to search for the update specified by the KB number you noted down. Download the update depending on if your machine is 32-bit = x86 or 64-bit=x64.
    • (As of June 23, 2018 – KB4284835 is the latest patch for Windows 10 April 2018 Update, and KB4284822 is the latest patch for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update).
    • Open the downloaded file in order to install the update.

The last step is to restart the computer after the update has been installed. This normally will fix any problems with the windows update component and you can now cross-check by using the Check for updates button on the update section of the settings page.

Clear Windows Update cache

Third, we’ll manually clear the Windows Update cache to fix download issues on Windows 10. Before clearing the cache, you would need to stop the Windows update service. To do that, search for “services” and open it as an administrator. Find the service “Windows Update,” right-click on it and then select the option “Stop.”

To clear the cache, do the following:

• Press “Win + R,” enter the below path and press the Enter button.
    • C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\
    • This folder has all the files related to Windows updates.
    • Open the “Download” folder, select all the files and delete all the files.

You would need to restart Windows Update. To do that, again open the Services and start the Windows Update service. To start the service, right-click on it and select the option Start on the context menu.

To install the latest updates, navigate to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update, and check for updates.

The post How to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 to fix download issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 22, 2018

2. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 22, 2018
  3. Techtu Win User
    Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile How to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 to fix download issues :)

Techtu, Jun 22, 2018
  4. How to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 to fix download issues

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

How to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 to fix download issues

1. How to reset Windows Update on Windows 10 to fix download issues - Similar Threads - reset Update fix

2. How fix this issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How fix this issue on Windows 10: I have McAfee installed on my windows 10 and the windows defender firewall is also on, however my wifi connection keeps disconnecting. This was never an issue before. Now I keep getting the troubleshoot message "security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"....
  3. How fix this issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How fix this issue on Windows 10: I have McAfee installed on my windows 10 and the windows defender firewall is also on, however my wifi connection keeps disconnecting. This was never an issue before. Now I keep getting the troubleshoot message "security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"....
  4. How fix this issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to fix "Check for Windows Update" Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "Check for Windows Update" Issues: I was trying to download forza horizon 5 when it said error check for updates in settings, then I got to settings and checked for updates, and it said up to date and then i troubleshooted and it said, "Check For Windows Update" Detected....
  6. How to fix "Check for Windows Update" Issues

How to fix "Check for Windows Update" Issues: I was trying to download forza horizon 5 when it said error check for updates in settings, then I got to settings and checked for updates, and it said up to date and then i troubleshooted and it said, "Check For Windows Update" Detected....
  7. Itune downloading issues, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Itune downloading issues, how to fix?: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: iTunes.exe Application Version: 12.4.3.1 Application Timestamp: 5797bdd3 Fault Module Name: CoreAudioToolbox.dll Fault Module Version: 7.10.6.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 577c074b Exception Code: c000001d...
  8. Itune downloading issues, how to fix?

Itune downloading issues, how to fix?: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: iTunes.exe Application Version: 12.4.3.1 Application Timestamp: 5797bdd3 Fault Module Name: CoreAudioToolbox.dll Fault Module Version: 7.10.6.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 577c074b Exception Code: c000001d...
  9. how to fix issues in window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to fix issues in window 10: May Allah bless them thoes are on right way. My issue is that when i want to uninstall any software or to install a software in my window 10 it shows a notification like that " the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion'' . Then i want to...
  10. Windows 10 Issues, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Issues, how to fix?: After updating to Windows November Update (or Version 1151), my laptop wasn't running good after all. I might be right or not to this point: The updating process damaged some Windows Files. I have restarted my laptop after a long black screen when I closed my laptop for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows 10 update fix

2. https://guce.yahoo.com/consent?brandType=nonEu

3. https://guce.aol.com/consent?brandType=nonEu

4. https://guce.aol.co.uk/consent?brandType=eu,
  5. https://guce.cs.com/consent?brandType=nonEu,
  6. windows update repair tools,
  7. microsoft updates windows 10 1903,
  8. pc repair tool windows 10,
  9. microsoft fixit windows10,
  10. windows 10 update error fix it,
  11. windows update versions,