Windows 10: How to resize windows when the resize want work

Discus and support How to resize windows when the resize want work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows in browser and file explorer will not resize. The windows open maximized. I lost the ability to put two windows side by side. 69765 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gladstone, Nov 13, 2016.

1. gladstone Win User

How to resize windows when the resize want work

Windows in browser and file explorer will not resize. The windows open maximized. I lost the ability to put two windows side by side.

:)

gladstone, Nov 13, 2016

2. Windows 10. Can't Resize Video Game Windows

in windows 7 i could resize video game windows perfectly but in windows 10 i cant resize unless i check disable display scaling on high DPI settings and even then when i start to resize the second i let go it just automatically resizes to the smallest size
    it can possibly be.

Is there something im overlooking?

How do i change it to the size i want it to be?

SkeletonLizard, Nov 13, 2016
  3. Resizing windows

It is not about resolution. Its about resizing of a window. When I do resizing using mouse pointers. The effect of the resizing doesn't show up in real-time while dragging. Instead when i leave the mouse click, that is when the window gets resized. What
    I want is that while click and dragging the mouse, the window should resize itself in real-time. I just cannot find the setting for that. Can you help?

Md-Taimur-Alam, Nov 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Have a look at this and see if it helps:
    How do I get a Windows program to always open maximized? - Ask Leo!

Otherwise I would suggest you consider doing an in-place upgrade repair install (which retains almost all settings and all programs) unless you have a system restore point or disk image created before experiencing this problem.

dalchina, Nov 13, 2016
  5. gladstone Win User
    Did a clean install from a jump drive. Now I am going to backup my system with Easeus To Do.

gladstone, Nov 14, 2016
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Most likely, the "restored" windows (the size between full screen and totally minimized - the "middle" button) are out of the display limits, so you can't SEE the windows when they are in that middle position. They are "out of bounds" so to speak.

You didn't have to do a full restore or re-install, just use one of these tricks:

Windows: Bring Off-Screen Window Back Onto Screen

Basically you just hit "restore" on the missing windows, then hold shift while r/clicking on the tab in the taskbar. Then slide your mouse up, or down, or to either side until the window appears again.

This is a common problem, so bookmark that. Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

XweAponX, Nov 14, 2016
  7. gladstone Win User
    Thanks XweAponx for the link. I also had the problem of not being able to right click. Also, The start menu popped up on the desktop and would not close.

gladstone, Nov 14, 2016
  8. XweAponX Win User

That's unusual, no mouse/using the OSK? There should be a button combination or a key combination to emulate a right click I can't remember what it is though.

If you have something like an old Apple mouse with only one button you can do shift click I believe to get a right click

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to resize windows when the resize want work - Similar Threads - resize resize

2. The screen got cut off on the right and bottom on windows 11 & I can't resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen got cut off on the right and bottom on windows 11 & I can't resize: I was trying to install solidworks 2024 crack, but when i reached the setup part, the screen got cut off on the right and bottom.I watched video of installation on yt, it seems there is a checkbox in there, so i can't even install this now. I've encountered similar problem...
  3. The screen got cut off on the right and bottom on windows 11 & I can't resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screen got cut off on the right and bottom on windows 11 & I can't resize: I was trying to install solidworks 2024 crack, but when i reached the setup part, the screen got cut off on the right and bottom.I watched video of installation on yt, it seems there is a checkbox in there, so i can't even install this now. I've encountered similar problem...
  4. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  5. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  6. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  7. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

"KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  8. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS build : 19045.4170 Recently there was an update that increased the size of the News and Interests window on my taskbar. Before it was a small and simple window that didn't really take up much space. I mostly used it to check the local...
  9. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS build : 19045.4170 Recently there was an update that increased the size of the News and Interests window on my taskbar. Before it was a small and simple window that didn't really take up much space. I mostly used it to check the local...
  10. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

in Windows 10 Customization