Windows 10: How to restart Windows 10 setup on new computer

Discus and support How to restart Windows 10 setup on new computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I restart the Windows 10 setup on new computer? This is a new computer and it came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I went through the setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by edspyhill01_844, Jul 10, 2018.

1. How to restart Windows 10 setup on new computer

How do I restart the Windows 10 setup on new computer? This is a new computer and it came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I went through the setup process but it did not create the correct C:\\Users\<account_folder>. If you login to the online Microsoft account, the setup does not create the proper home directory, Users\<account_name>

:)

edspyhill01_844, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 10, 2018
  4. wvbirdman Win User

How to restart Windows 10 setup on new computer

Brand new Win 10 computer runs slow after setup

I set up a brand new Win 10 computer following what I have learned on Microsoft Support and other
    support sites. I worked for about 30 hours (I'm a slow worker) on a long list of settings and program installations. A partial list of the setup steps I took includes: Malwarebytes, AVG, Ccleaner, SuperAntiSpyware,
    Spybot, ADW Cleaner, Panda USB Vaccine, VLC Media Player, Firefox, Sumatra PDF, Secunia PSI, Wiz
    Mouse, Dropbox, setup an Admin account with a limited account for daily use and browsing, turned off
    autoplay, ran Windows update, Wifi hotspots off, show file extensions on, adjusted for best
    performance. All went well until at around a certain point both Windows and web browsing slowed down
    markedly. A recent restart with updates took 45 minutes.

Unfortunately I failed to keep detailed notes so I don't recall at which step the problem appeared, but
    I do recall it appeared gradually. I failed to set restore points during the process. After I completed
    all setup, Task Manager Performance CPU usage averaged 60% when the computer was at idle, with
    nothing open other than Task Manager. If I clicked on any icon, CPU plateaued at 100%. Looking under
    Task Manager Processes, I saw almost all processes stayed at less than 2% CPU usage with brief jumps to no more than 5%. A few AVG processes averaged less than 5%. Two standouts were:
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation at 17% and System Interrupts at 15%. By comparison, my old
    Windows 7 computer at rest with many programs open shows 0% to 5% CPU Usage total.

Attempting to fix this problem, I ran AVG and Malwarebytes scans with no malware found, then
    SuperAntispyware and removed the 651 items it found to remove! Then I replaced all anti-virus and anti-malware
    programs with Windows Defender, and removed Secunia. After restart CPU usage averaged 20%. Ran
    Microsoft Saftey Scanner with no malware found, removed Microsoft One Drive. At this point ALL
    startups were removed or disabled. Defrag showed as not needed. After restart CPU usage averaged
    12%. Restart in safe mode showed CPU usage average 3%. After normal restart did a "clean boot"
    with no improvement. Turned off Win 10 Tips Tricks and Suggestions. Ran SFC scanner twice with no
    malware found. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is down to 5%. (The only audio device is the
    built-in speaker, and advice to remove enhancements can't be followed as no enhancements appear in
    Device Manager.) System Interrupts process now shows CPU average 2%. Now CPU average usage is
    now 12% after a restart, but if idled overnight it rises to 30%. Firefox browsing and Windows are still
    slow, although better than as described at the beginning of this post (but that is with many desired
    programs and settings removed). Firefox often shows "Firefox is not responding".

I am aware of the option to do a clean re-install of Windows 10, but that is my last resort, as I hope to
    avoid re-doing the 30 hours of setup (if I can remember it all!), and the same problem might happen again. Any help to restore this computer to the speed one expects of a brand new computer is appreciated.

Thanks.

wvbirdman, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

How to restart Windows 10 setup on new computer

1. How to restart Windows 10 setup on new computer - Similar Threads - restart setup computer

2. How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account: When setting up a new Windows computer you will nearly always be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue.What if you don’t have a microsoft account, and what if you don’t want one.There is a very simple solution and you can avoid messing around with command...
  3. How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account: When setting up a new Windows computer you will nearly always be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue.What if you don’t have a microsoft account, and what if you don’t want one.There is a very simple solution and you can avoid messing around with command...
  4. How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automating New Computer Setup: Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully automated or as much as possible new computer setup. The new computer setup is meant to set each computer up the same way, with the...
  6. Automating New Computer Setup

Automating New Computer Setup: Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully automated or as much as possible new computer setup. The new computer setup is meant to set each computer up the same way, with the...
  7. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  9. New computer setup

New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  10. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    New computer setup: My husband bought a new computer last week and set it up following all direction prompts. He was able to sign in and use the computer that evening. Since then it will not accept his login pin #, To reset that, he needed to sign into his Outlook account. It won't accept...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart setup on this computer

2. restart windows 10 setup

3. restart new computer setup

4. restart windows 10 setup process,
  5. restart computer setup,
  6. rerun initial setup windows 10,
  7. restart setup,
  8. restart windows 10 set up,
  9. windows 10 restart setup,
  10. restart computer as new computer,
  11. restarting set up,