Windows 10: how to restore a recovery partition?

Discus and support how to restore a recovery partition? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; In order to expand my C drive, I needed to delete the little recovery partition that was at the end of it. But I still have it on a Macrium Reflect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shmu26, Dec 22, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

how to restore a recovery partition?

In order to expand my C drive, I needed to delete the little recovery partition that was at the end of it.
    But I still have it on a Macrium Reflect system image.
    Is there a way to restore it? It won't be in the same physical place, but I could still make room for it at the end of my expanded C drive.

:)

shmu26, Dec 22, 2016
  2. yeahwrite Win User

using recovery drive from computer a to restore computer b

I have my mother in laws win.10 machine that she "damaged" by downloading the ask toolbar. I've cleaned the machine, but so many settings have been changed that it won't connect with the internet. I spent hours working chat with your help dept ( from a
    different computer. we gave up. If I created a recovery drive off of my computer and used it to reload windows 10 onto her computer, would that be a violation of windows terms? I look forward to your reply. Thank you <Removed PII>

yeahwrite, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    using recovery drive from computer a to restore computer b

Hi,

I like to inform you that, you cannot use the recovery drive of one system to restore the other system.

I suggest you to refer to the article below on Recovery options in Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

Whatphoeb, Dec 22, 2016
Thema:

1. how to restore a recovery partition? - Similar Threads - restore recovery partition

2. Restore recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore recovery partition: I was working on the Disk Management window and saw there were 2 Recovery partitions like the image below with no name. One was 700MB and the other was 500MB. I could not perform any actions to both of them. After doing what I was doing in the disk management using a 3rd...
  3. Restore recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore recovery partition: I was working on the Disk Management window and saw there were 2 Recovery partitions like the image below with no name. One was 700MB and the other was 500MB. I could not perform any actions to both of them. After doing what I was doing in the disk management using a 3rd...
  4. Restore recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restoring recovery partition

Restoring recovery partition: I have a client who has Windows 10 running in a VM. He set the virtual boot drive size too conservatively, and now the update package for 1903 won't fit in the available space. I successfully added more space to his virtual drive, but when I went to grow the C partition to...
  6. How to restore my asus laptop from the recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore my asus laptop from the recovery partition: Help, a few days ago I tried to reset my asus gx501 windows 10 laptop but encountered the "There was as a problem resetting your PC" error, I tried almost every method of fixing it but had no choice to do a clean installation using the Microsoft windows 10 installation tool...
  7. how to restore deleted recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to restore deleted recovery partition?: I recently created a Recovery USB drive. After it was done I said yes to "delete recovery partition". I now find I have a new F drive of about 10 gig on my hard drive. Can anyone please advise me what happened here, and can I do anything about it. I am NOT a guru but can...
  8. Restore using files from Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore using files from Recovery partition: I bought a HP laptop which came with Win 10 Home. Due to some reasons, I downgraded to 8.1 by clean install. Now i want to do factory reset to win 10 But i realised that my F11 hp recovery manager is no longer working.The recovery partitions are hidden and but the files are...
  9. Restoring rights for the Recovery partition?

Restoring rights for the Recovery partition?: HI. I changed the ownership and rights of the recovery partition (Recovery/WindowsRE/*Wim) and after that a pc reset to defaults of my Asus T100chi tablet/laptop failed twice. Now my tablet wont even boot past the Asus splash screen at boot. My question is how I can change...
  10. Restoring machine using the Recovery Partition

Restoring machine using the Recovery Partition: I just bought an HP Pavillion 15 ab15nr laptop with windows 10 and messed up the install of my programs. The factory recovery partition is untouched and as far as I know intact. How do I go about returning the machine to its factory condition using the Recovery Partition and...