Windows 10: how to restore cortana

Discus and support how to restore cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi i have cortana problem i disabled cortana from gpedit then i wanted it back i did restore the change in gpedit but i still have only the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mouzakigeek, Oct 20, 2017.

1. how to restore cortana

hi i have cortana problem i disabled cortana from gpedit then i wanted it back i did restore the change in gpedit but i still have only the windows search box shown below

i tried everything found in the internet but i still have the problem

Is there a way I can restore Cortana?

how to restore cortana [​IMG]

:)

mouzakigeek, Oct 20, 2017

2. how to restore cortana

Try to copy the files and paste it to the Public user. Then sign in to the second account, and move the files from the Public user to the second account.

Regards.

Michael Gall, Oct 20, 2017
  3. how to restore cortana

We appreciate your response. To resolve your concern with restoring Cortana, we suggest that you follow the steps and instructions from this
    article, and check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

how to restore cortana

Brink, Oct 20, 2017
  5. hello Brink
    i already did everything mentioned there and restarted the computer but i still have only the windows search box and not cortana

6. Reinstalled Cortana using the following procedure:

1. Open an elevated PowerShell window, press Win + X keys to open PowerShell.

2. Execute following commands one at time.

Code: Get-Process searchui | Stop-Process –Force Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} [/quote] 3. Restart your computer.

FreeBooter, Oct 20, 2017
  7. thanks for answering FreeBooter

it didn't work

8. how to restore cortana

What happens when you type into Cortana does it list your search option?

FreeBooter, Oct 20, 2017
  9. If Cortana displaying search result then Cortana is working.

FreeBooter, Oct 20, 2017
  10. no its windows search box not cortana

this is an exmple of the search

how to restore cortana [​IMG]

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 20, 2017
  12. thanks Brink
    if i do that will i be able to keep all my file and programs like nothing happned ?

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

how to restore cortana

Correct. You won't lose anything.

However, I would always recommend to backup anything that you do not want to lose to be safe.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to restore cortana

1. how to restore cortana - Similar Threads - restore cortana

2. How to restore Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Cortana: How can in restore Cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-cortana/17839804-f2a9-455e-b851-e67d632913dd
  3. How to restore Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Cortana: How can in restore Cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-cortana/17839804-f2a9-455e-b851-e67d632913dd
  4. How to restore Cortana

in Cortana
  5. How do I restore the Cortana search box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore the Cortana search box?: I've tried right-clicking the search engine (it's only an icon), but there is no Cortana option. How do I resolve this issue? submitted by /u/victoria_queen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/rix9jb/how_do_i_restore_the_cortana_search_box/
  6. Are they going to restore Cortana in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are they going to restore Cortana in Windows 11?: I have activated Cortana and put it back on my taskbar, but I was hoping for more from Cortana in sense of control. I am not always next to my laptop and liked having the ability of Cortana to change music amongst other things. Are they going to be bringing back more control...
  7. Are they going to restore Cortana in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are they going to restore Cortana in Windows 11?: I have activated Cortana and put it back on my taskbar, but I was hoping for more from Cortana in sense of control. I am not always next to my laptop and liked having the ability of Cortana to change music amongst other things. Are they going to be bringing back more control...
  8. How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice

in Cortana
    How do I restore ability to communicate with Cortana by typing rather than voice: Until fairly recently Cortana allowed me to type my questions - now it forces me to talk. I much prefer the old system but cannot find a way of setting it back to turn off the talking and return to typing my questions....
  9. Searches don't work. A solution that did. Restore Cortana via Powershell Get-AppXPackage

in Cortana
    Searches don't work. A solution that did. Restore Cortana via Powershell Get-AppXPackage: Why don't you add the option to restore Cortana using Powershell through getapppx if searches don't work? I tried everything else unsuccessfully and found this online: https://windowsreport.com/searchui-exe-windows-10/ Must restart after running Powershell command. This...
  10. after resetting my windows 10, cortana was removed, how can i restore her? from a frutrated...

in Cortana
    after resetting my windows 10, cortana was removed, how can i restore her? from a frutrated...: any answers how to restore cortana in Canada after resetting windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-resetting-my-windows-10-cortana-was-removed/76dcca2a-9f29-4d48-b677-7ac074d89dca"