Windows 10: How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset

Discus and support How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hello community, I use Internet Explorer 11 to access my employer's intranet site to upload information and docs. when I logged in, all the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Funjunkie6, Sep 12, 2017.

1. How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset

hello community,

I use Internet Explorer 11 to access my employer's intranet site to upload information and docs. when I logged in, all the 'Explanations' were hidden and I had to click on 'See Explanations' to reveal them - see image 'Capture 1'.

capture 1

How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset [​IMG]

Windows 10 performed an update this week and now those 'Explanations' are visible seemingly by default - see image 'Capture 2'. This has resulted in a long scroll down the page.

Capture 2

How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset [​IMG]

is anyone able to explain how to RESTORE IE11 settings to the way they were before the recent Windows update - noting that Resetting them does not return the screen presence the way they were (EG Capture1)?

moving forward, is there a way I can save IE settings in case this happens again?

thanks a lot for your help.

PS: Edge and Chrome have always defaulted to Capture2 style, which is why I have chosen to use IE11 for work use.

:)

Funjunkie6, Sep 12, 2017

2. Internet Explorer Crashing after Upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to reset your browser and check if you are using Internet Explorer. Please follow the below link to know how to rest the browser.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings.
    We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge not loading certain pages fully

Hi,

I suggest you to reset your browser and check if you are using Internet Explorer. Please follow the below link to know how to rest the browser.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 12, 2017
  4. Try3 Win User

How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset

Those explanations are made visible by the scripts written by your employer's IT staff / contractors.
    • IE is merely the background against which those scripts are running.
    • IE is not controlling any of it so there is no IE setting to change any of it.

To change the new behaviour you will have to contact your employer's IT staff / contractors and get them to amend the scripts to be compatible with the latest Windows version.

Denis

Thema:

How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset

1. How to RESTORE Internet Explorer 11 settings, not reset - Similar Threads - RESTORE Internet Explorer

2. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: Hi all I purchased Clip Studio Paint and it will only function with Internet Explorer 11. I downloaded it onto my computer I am using Win 10, but IE 11 will not connect to my internet. I have gone through all the stuff with the settings, advanced settings, have restarted my...
  3. how to restore back to internet explore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to restore back to internet explore: need to restore back to internet explore ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-back-to-internet-explore/c649531c-5265-4f96-b86b-36e53a325409
  4. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  5. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I installed Internet Explorer 11, but it doesn't show up anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/5022db90-6b28-4c89-88d2-1dc65513eca3
  6. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet explorer 11: I can't find Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and it was they're like 2 months ago. What do I do? I've gone on to add it on programs and features and it's not even there and it's not under Windows accessories in the start menu...
  7. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Not too keen on the Edge browser so how can I go back to my IE 11 and still keep Edge. 33157
  9. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23758
  10. No Internet Explorer after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Explorer after reset: Ouch. TenForums, thanks to Kyhi, has a recovery disk that you boot from to copy your data. Not sure of circumstances but so you you are aware should this happen again. You could try DISM, tutorial attached. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Two options, one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Restore Internet Explorer 11 desktop on Windows 7 ( NOT icon !!!!)