Windows 10: How to restore my asus laptop from the recovery partition

Discus and support How to restore my asus laptop from the recovery partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Help, a few days ago I tried to reset my asus gx501 windows 10 laptop but encountered the "There was as a problem resetting your PC" error, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lemon Tree, Aug 28, 2017.

1. How to restore my asus laptop from the recovery partition

Help, a few days ago I tried to reset my asus gx501 windows 10 laptop but encountered the "There was as a problem resetting your PC" error, I tried almost every method of fixing it but had no choice to do a clean installation using the Microsoft windows 10 installation tool thingy. Now I can reset my PC again I was wondering is there anyway to reset my laptop back to factory default settings by using the hidden recovery partition. Sorry for my weird tone/English and many thanks in advance.

:)

Lemon Tree, Aug 28, 2017

2. How to keep my license and totally format my hard disk?

I recently bought a laptop Asus K555LB series. But it is having a recovery partition only with 500MB. But my friends hp laptop has a recovery partition with 15GB. In case of trouble in windows. How can I reset or refresh it without a recovery partition?
    My laptop has genuine windows. Model name K555LB-DM109T. If I use a system Image is it ok? Other thing is I want windows 8.1 but it came originally windows 10. How can I go to windows 8.1 with my windows 10 license?

PubuduChanna, Aug 28, 2017
  3. JoshiBKG Win User
    What happens to my old license when I upgrade to Windows 10?

Hello Kersi.

You have to create a system image (read more about that
    here
    ), so you will be able to perform a full system restore in case of a problem or of a crash.

Maybe your PC has been set up with a recovery partition by ASUS that can be used to create a set of recovery disks by means of some ASUS utility: read the PC documentation to know how you can do that (if you can, of course).

Bye.

I too have an ASUS laptop that did not come with recovery DVD but with a recovery partition. 1 year ago I had a little problem with my laptop, on top of that I lost access to my recovery partition-don't ask-(and I had not created the DVDs yet). I downloaded
    Clean Windows ISO from the windows website corresponding to the version I already had on my laptop, and did a clean install from USB and used the windows key that came with the laptop(look at the bottom of your laptop, if it came with windows it should have
    the corresponding windows key sticker sticked to your laptop). And after the clean install, all I had to do was go to ASUS website and download and install all drivers associated to my laptop model. My laptop has been working normally since then(for more that
    1 year), no problem, just as when I first bought it.

So, even if you do a Windows 10 clean install and really mess up your laptop(to the point of losing your recovery DVDs and recovery partition), as long as you have the key and access to windows website and a DVD/creating a bootable USB, you should be fine
    as long as upgrading to windows 10 does not make your current key unuseable with window 7(according to windows, if you upgrade, your key should still work with windows 7 or windows 10 clean installs on that same device, so we don't have to worry about that).

JoshiBKG, Aug 28, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How to restore my asus laptop from the recovery partition

A search suggests:
    ASUS Laptop - Factory-Reset.com

- assuming you still have the recovery partition on your disk.

Depending on how old your laptop is (it seems some models are current) you may well be restoring a version of Win 10 which is an older major build. If your laptop did not come with the Creator's build, that means you would then go through the upgrade procedure subsequently- effectively another reinstallation (keeping more or less everything).

A clean installation of the current Win 10 build using a downloaded iso is the most rational way forward. A factory restore will reinstall any trialware packaged with that.

Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

I would also recommend you do a disk check if you've had problems just in case before undertaking a time consuming procedure:
    Hard disk sentinel (trial).

Also please note that routinely using disk imaging (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for image sets) means you can restore your PC to a previous working state from your most recent image.

This can frequently save you doing clean installs, and a lot of time, even if your disk fails.
    Images act as a full backup, and can also be used with a 3rd party program to transfer programs and data to a new PC or OS.

dalchina, Aug 28, 2017
  5. It is possible to create a boot entry that references the hidden recovery image. But before that you need to take a look at the recovery partition and where the boot file or the recovery application is located and also get a general idea of what type of recovery your computer uses.

Best way is to use the F9 method...IF it works...no guarantee anymore since you clean installed Windows.

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to restore my asus laptop from the recovery partition

1. How to restore my asus laptop from the recovery partition - Similar Threads - restore asus laptop

2. Restore recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore recovery partition: I was working on the Disk Management window and saw there were 2 Recovery partitions like the image below with no name. One was 700MB and the other was 500MB. I could not perform any actions to both of them. After doing what I was doing in the disk management using a 3rd...
  3. Restore recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore recovery partition: I was working on the Disk Management window and saw there were 2 Recovery partitions like the image below with no name. One was 700MB and the other was 500MB. I could not perform any actions to both of them. After doing what I was doing in the disk management using a 3rd...
  4. Restore recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restoring recovery partition

Restoring recovery partition: I have a client who has Windows 10 running in a VM. He set the virtual boot drive size too conservatively, and now the update package for 1903 won't fit in the available space. I successfully added more space to his virtual drive, but when I went to grow the C partition to...
  6. restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver: Hey, I backed up the recovery partition on my HP desktop computer to free up some space now need to recover the PC. My issue is I dont know how to put the recovery partition back so that I can run the recovery. Is there a simple solution to this problem? Any help would...
  7. how to restore a recovery partition?

how to restore a recovery partition?: In order to expand my C drive, I needed to delete the little recovery partition that was at the end of it. But I still have it on a Macrium Reflect system image. Is there a way to restore it? It won't be in the same physical place, but I could still make room for it at the...
  8. how to restore deleted recovery partition?

how to restore deleted recovery partition?: I recently created a Recovery USB drive. After it was done I said yes to "delete recovery partition". I now find I have a new F drive of about 10 gig on my hard drive. Can anyone please advise me what happened here, and can I do anything about it. I am NOT a guru but can...
  9. Restore using files from Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore using files from Recovery partition: I bought a HP laptop which came with Win 10 Home. Due to some reasons, I downgraded to 8.1 by clean install. Now i want to do factory reset to win 10 But i realised that my F11 hp recovery manager is no longer working.The recovery partitions are hidden and but the files are...
  10. Restoring rights for the Recovery partition?

Restoring rights for the Recovery partition?: HI. I changed the ownership and rights of the recovery partition (Recovery/WindowsRE/*Wim) and after that a pc reset to defaults of my Asus T100chi tablet/laptop failed twice. Now my tablet wont even boot past the Asus splash screen at boot. My question is how I can change...