Windows 10: How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset

Discus and support How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please help I downloaded Google Chrome and picked up bundled adware with it specifically V9 and I cannot delete Chrome as it keeps telling me to close... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HotChillie1, Jul 27, 2018.

1. How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset

Please help I downloaded Google Chrome and picked up bundled adware with it specifically V9 and I cannot delete Chrome as it keeps telling me to close all programs when there is nothing open. I am not computer savy and don't know what to do. Everytime I open Chrome along with it opens about 6 other tabs. My computer is only 1 month old and I don't have any info stored worth worrying about.

:)

HotChillie1, Jul 27, 2018
  2. RCoon Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Jul 27, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Update Win User

How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

This was the answer! Thank you so much! I love this forums!

Update, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset

1. How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset - Similar Threads - restore computer using

2. How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Gaming Computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Gaming Computer?: Going to sell an older gaming PC. I would think I need to factory reset the computer. How would I do that so it cleans out everything? It’s operating Windows 10. Or what else should I do before selling the computer?...
  3. how do I reset my computer back to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I reset my computer back to factory settings: I want to reset my computer to factory settings in order to sell it. How do I do that??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer-back-to-factory/c340b07b-66d5-4272-90f6-7f2bbacc0590
  4. How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?: Hi! How can I restore my computer back to factory new condition? Only F2 and F12 keys work. I only have 2 programs listed in my programs in the COntrol panel.I tried downloading windows 10 system from Microsoft site - downloaded it to a 16 GB flash drive and then put it into...
  5. How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?: How can I restore my new (used) Dell laptop computer back to factory new condition? It had windows 10 put on it but originally, was windows 7. I tried to get F8 to open up so I can run the restore process - but it stubbornly refuses to do so. In fact, only F2 and I think -...
  6. How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?: How can I restore my new (used) Dell laptop computer back to factory new condition? It had windows 10 put on it but originally, was windows 7. I tried to get F8 to open up so I can run the restore process - but it stubbornly refuses to do so. In fact, only F2 and I think -...
  7. Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.

Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.: I really dont know where to begin but basically i was trying to hard reset my computer The computer is the Steammachine and it gave me an error that i cannot restart my computer because of an error. I do have a prompt telling me that windows resource protection found corrupt...
  8. how can I restore my windows 10 computer back to factory settings?

how can I restore my windows 10 computer back to factory settings?: How can I return my computer with window 10 to factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-my-windows-10-computer-back-to/62f7581b-69a2-4e39-bafe-dc531b7994ea
  9. How to reset PC back to Factory with windows 10 pro ?

How to reset PC back to Factory with windows 10 pro ?: I need step to reset PC back to factory . Wiping my files and programs . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-pc-back-to-factory-with-windows-10/4bbcabcc-1245-40d7-b3cf-e9557b556497
  10. Restore back to factory state

Restore back to factory state: I managed to screw things up pretty bad, and want to restore back to factory state, However I can no longer access my restore partition because Windows 10 has its restore software there when I hit F11. This is an HP Pavilion 17. Anyone know of any tools or a way to get my old...