Windows 10: How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10

Discus and support How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all, So, Win 10 has just completed a routine update, (that is Windows 10 updating itself through win updater - not updating to Windows 10 from an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Mycroft1701, Aug 28, 2015.

1. How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10

Hi all,
    So, Win 10 has just completed a routine update, (that is Windows 10 updating itself through win updater - not updating to Windows 10 from an earlier version) and now the classic desktop has gone, and has been replaced by the Windows 8 style (the one with live tiles and so on).

Anyone any clue how to change this back - before windows 10 updated itself my desktop was fine - I just want the classic style back with normal icons and so on (if that makes sense!). I can't see any options for it.

EDIT - typical, as soon as I post this I manage to get it working again!! Windows had switched itself to tablet mode somehow (why it did that on a laptop.....!). So switching that off in settings returns everything to normal.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

:)

Mycroft1701, Aug 28, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 28, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10

5. I am so glad to see your post. I was facing the same problem. Yes it was set to tablet also.
    THANK YOU
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10

1. How to restore "normal" desktop in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - restore normal desktop

2. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?: I accidentally deleted some files while trying to create some storage and it turned out like this.The apps and shortcuts still runs normally, is this fixable?...
  3. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?: I accidentally deleted some files while trying to create some storage and it turned out like this.The apps and shortcuts still runs normally, is this fixable?...
  4. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Normal for Win10 not to restore desktop apps on restart?

Normal for Win10 not to restore desktop apps on restart?: Have Firefox,Weather,Calendar,Calculator,Sticky notes open most of the time on desktop. Rebooting or Restart Firefox and Sticky notes are restored to current size and positions. But others are not.When you reboot shouldn't desktop be restored to original? As in accounts have...
  6. Normal for Win10 not to restore desktop apps on restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal for Win10 not to restore desktop apps on restart?: Have Firefox,Weather,Calendar,Calculator,Sticky notes open most of the time on desktop. Rebooting or Restart Firefox and Sticky notes are restored to current size and positions. But others are not.When you reboot shouldn't desktop be restored to original? As in accounts have...
  7. Normal for Win10 not to restore desktop apps on restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Normal for Win10 not to restore desktop apps on restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Normal for Win10 not to restore desktop apps on restart?: Have Firefox,Weather,Calendar,Calculator,Sticky notes open most of the time on desktop. Rebooting or Restart Firefox and Sticky notes are restored to current size and positions. But others are not. When you reboot shouldn't desktop be restored to original? As in accounts...
  9. please restore as normal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please restore as normal: PLEASE RESTORE AS IT WAS WORKING NOEMALLY A MONTH BACK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-restore-as-normal/4dc47c20-4342-475d-82c2-b8bd48700a90
  10. restore normal boot

restore normal boot: I need to restore normal boot from command line. I set clean boot from windows, but this computer must have a local account and the Microsoft Password doesn't work Yes, I know I have it correct. I would like to restore normal boot from the command line....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to restore normal desktop in Windows 10 Solved ...

2. how to restore desk top size on monitor

3. how to switch to normal windows desktop

4. normal desktop windows 10,
  5. revert screen to normal,
  6. hwo to recove normal windows 10 desktop,
  7. how to restore darker destop to windows 1903,
  8. restore desktop to normal in windows 10,
  9. restoring windows 10 desktop to normal,
  10. how to restore pc to normal,
  11. win 10 normal desktop,
  12. windows 10 normal desktop,
  13. restore normal desktop windows 10,