Windows 10: how to restore run history?

Discus and support how to restore run history? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so recently I deleted all my run cmd history but there are no new history displayed I just wonder is there a way to restore run history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hey bye, Aug 24, 2018.

1. hey bye Win User

how to restore run history?

so recently I deleted all my run cmd history

but there are no new history displayed

I just wonder is there a way to restore run history

:)

hey bye, Aug 24, 2018

2. File History Restore Not Working

My apologies for my not explaining my problem clearly.

File History would always list my external drive. It would not list the File History backup subfolder, "Computer Name", which contained my backup.

I completed the 5 steps you recommended, and in step (4), using Windows Explorer, I opted to change the name to "File History.old" instead of deleting it. Had I deleted it, all my backup files that I want to reload onto drive C would have been gone.

When I look at the external backup drive in Windows Explorer it now shows 4 folders, $RECYCLE.BIN, FileHistory, FileHistory.old and System Volume Information. Bottom line, FileHistory contains only the backed up data currently on Drive C as a result of step
    5, while FileHistory.old contains the data I wish to reload.

Now when I go to Control Panel/File History/Select drive, and select the external backup drive, only the subfolder contained in FileHistory shows up. The subfolder contained in FileHistory.old, which contains the data I wish to restore, is still not listed.
    When I select "Restore personal files" it only shows folders associated with FileHistory.

Thanks for your attention and help, but I am now resigned to copying and pasting the files that I need to restore. I totally yield to the higher power that is Microsoft.

Again thanks,

RP

Robert Pat Vaughn, Aug 24, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

how to restore run history? [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 24, 2018
  4. how to restore run history?

File History won't work, says insufficient space

Hi,

It is possible that the user profiles are also being restored when restoring your files in
    File History. We suggest that you manually choose the files you want to restore. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for File History.
    • Click the Restore personal files option on the left pane of your screen.
    • Select the folders you want to restore and then click the restore icon.
    Note: Make sure that you don't copy the duplicated folders listed.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jamille Nar, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

how to restore run history?

1. how to restore run history? - Similar Threads - restore run history

2. Run command history

in Windows 10 Support
    Run command history: Hi! I recently noticed that if I insert a slash to my run command, it gives some old paths for a folder or file. I was unable to clear this even though I followed this tutorial: Clear File Explorer and Run Dialog Box History in Windows 10 If it's not a recent history, then...
  3. restore file history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore file history: I continually get a message - for years now - that I need to restore my file history. How do I do that? Evidently I am unble to back up my files to an external hard drive until the file history is restored....
  4. Windows + Run history

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows + Run history: Hoping to get some help. My issue: When I access the run function (my preferred method is Windows Key + R) it does not remember any of the commands I enter in it. It does however, seem to pull history from other places. e.g. If I type winver to check my version/build, the...
  5. File History - restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History - restore: I backup my files using FileHistory. How do I restore a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-restore/34fcbace-3bd4-43ae-8c0d-c8ec6cbbb17f
  6. File History not running

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History not running: [img] Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I see someone else has this problem. How do I get on again doesn't help. Settings shows the drive letter H: listing twice, which is weird. A tutorial says you can reset File History without losing data....
  7. File History restore

File History restore: I have a laptop with a cracked screen that I need to have repaired and wont have it for a few days. I've got my File History and an extra laptop that I can use in the interim. How do I: 1. restore / use my files from File History on the extra laptop without crossing over...
  8. Restore history files

Restore history files: i have tried to restore my files after it was refreshed. my history files say no files found. i tried to open the file but the open button is dark and won't work. i asked cortana and virtal assist with success. how do i get my files back? i have windows 10 for over 2 years......
  9. File history restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File history restore: My Toshiba tablet keeps. Demanding file history be turned on. The setfings say it is on. How do i turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-restore/73a47ff4-d9cd-474d-aff3-4514dabe3428"
  10. Run History

in Windows 10 Support
    Run History: How do I enable the "Run History"? I have a bad memory and like commands like "regedit" or "services.msc" to stay in the history so I can just select them from a drop down. It was working until one of the updates, how can I re-enable it again? 128369