Windows 10: How to restore sound

Discus and support How to restore sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed a trial copy of Leawo music recorder. After installation a prompt box advised that if the system sound was off I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tcebob, Oct 13, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

How to restore sound

I downloaded and installed a trial copy of Leawo music recorder. After installation a prompt box advised that if the system sound was off I need to reset it. The sounds are indeed off. I immediately uninstalled Leawo and rebooted. Still no sound. Checked HP diagnostics on reboot and audio worked fine, but still not on the booted system. Tried system restore, which stuck for 20 minutes until I gave up. I went to mmsys.cpl (sound) which showed nothing unusual. How can I turn the sound back on?

:)

tcebob, Oct 13, 2017
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Oct 13, 2017
  3. How to restore default text sound on Windows 10 Mobile

I want to restore the default text message beep for some of my contacts. However, when I edit a contact, select Text tone, and then
    Use default, the save button is disabled. So there seems to be no way to restore the default beep.

The problem is that the Windows 10 Mobile Sounds selection only contains ringtones, which are too long to use for text messages. Please rescue me from having to listen to lengthy songs every time I get a text message!

Thanks,

-Doug

douglasl4321, Oct 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How to restore sound

Hi,
    1. rt click on your tray volume icon, click Troubleshoot....
    2. rt click on your tray volume icon, click Playback devices, make sure the appropriate one is Default.
    Click Configure and Test.
    You can also wander thru Properties and check all is well.

- was there an error message?

If not suggest you check your disk and file system:
    a. Hard Disk Sentinel (trial)
    b. Now check your file system:

From an admin command or powershell prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed

dalchina, Oct 13, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Here's what I did: started system restore from boot and took a long lunch break. 2 hr later the restore worked. Sound back. But some other settings lost. So I need to schedule restore backups at least every 2 days.

tcebob, Oct 13, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 13, 2017
  7. tcebob Win User
    I had, until my last computer crashed, a program that provided a user interface for sys restore. It's the only one I didn't back up, it just fell through the cracks, and now I can't remember the name. If you have a clue please let me know.

tcebob, Oct 14, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

How to restore sound

dalchina, Oct 14, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    How come you have to make frequent system restores?
    The software that caused the problem was uninstalled.
    What happens after each restore?
    The sound was restored?
    What is not working that restores are needed?

Open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > look for any item that displays a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark or any unknown device. If you see either one please post an image into the thread.

For many HP computers reinstalling the high definition audio CODEC fixes the sound.
    On the HP website enter the computers serial or product number and operating and download a fresh copy of the audio drivers.
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

If the codec is not seen for windows 10 see if it is available for windows 7 or 8.
    And if the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is applicable to the computer's configuration please post that information into the thread.
    Then if you lose sound again see what happens with a fresh install of the CODEC.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to restore sound

1. How to restore sound - Similar Threads - restore sound

2. my windows7 computer crashed and I lost the sound and full screen video. Also the restore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows7 computer crashed and I lost the sound and full screen video. Also the restore...: My windows 7 professional computer crashed recently. After the crash, I no longer have sound. I get the message No Audio Device is installed. Also the video isn't full any longer. It is reduced by about 1 inch along the sides. I tried the restore computer function and that...
  3. my windows7 computer crashed and I lost the sound and full screen video. Also the restore...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows7 computer crashed and I lost the sound and full screen video. Also the restore...: My windows 7 professional computer crashed recently. After the crash, I no longer have sound. I get the message No Audio Device is installed. Also the video isn't full any longer. It is reduced by about 1 inch along the sides. I tried the restore computer function and that...
  4. how to restore sound on device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore sound on device: how to restore sound on device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-sound-on-device/a7d0bf33-2e6a-4f28-8ad1-3d817a56e235
  5. how to restore sound on device

how to restore sound on device: how to restore sound on device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-sound-on-device/a7d0bf33-2e6a-4f28-8ad1-3d817a56e235
  6. System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update: Using Apollo Twin X for audio interface. Downloaded current driver, got blue screen. Had to restart my PC a few times because it wouldn't load Windows. I was finally able to log in but when I tried to revert back before the driver update using system restore I got an error...
  7. System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update

System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update: Using Apollo Twin X for audio interface. Downloaded current driver, got blue screen. Had to restart my PC a few times because it wouldn't load Windows. I was finally able to log in but when I tried to revert back before the driver update using system restore I got an error...
  8. System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Reinstall to restore my sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall to restore my sound: I’ll be excited to try the reinstall on my HP with 8.1. I lost my sound and nothing has worked to restore using all available help. I need it for my DJ work. Perhaps a clean reinstall will restore....
  10. Reinstall to restore my sound

Reinstall to restore my sound: I’ll be excited to try the reinstall on my HP with 8.1. I lost my sound and nothing has worked to restore using all available help. I need it for my DJ work. Perhaps a clean reinstall will restore....