Windows 10: How to restore Windows Defender blocked files?!

Discus and support How to restore Windows Defender blocked files?! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go to the Windows Defender Security Center and look at the quarantined threats, I first have an older list from which I always have the option... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chumbo, Mar 2, 2018.

1. chumbo Win User

How to restore Windows Defender blocked files?!

When I go to the Windows Defender Security Center and look at the quarantined threats, I first have an older list from which I always have the option to restore the removed file, then I have 'full history' and there, none of the files can be restored?? It just gives me 'See details' but no option to get the files back!?

This infuriating!! First it detects wrongly (the file is a trusted source) and then it doesn't allow me to get it back!!

There must be a way, right?
    If not, can I disable this portion of the Defender activity? If not, I'll have to disable it completely.
    Thanks,

:)

chumbo, Mar 2, 2018
  2. JimHlebik Win User

System Restore Failure due to Windows Defender Service running

When I try to do a System Restore in Windows 10, the restore fails (I believe) because the Windows Defender Service is running. When I try to stop the service from Task Manager, I get an "access is denied" message even though I am an administrator. How
    can I get past this block and execute a system restore?

JimHlebik, Mar 2, 2018
  3. Windows Defender is not turned on. "Blocked by Group Policy"

Windows Defender not turned on, say this program is blocked by group policy, how to solve it

* Original title: Windows Defender

SharryMirza, Mar 2, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

@chumbo, do you remember the old green Defender interface? The quarantine options there were (as I recall) more flexible. Well it still exists in Fall Creators update, but there's no obvious link to open it. See this tutorial for how to access the old UI.

Create Windows Defender Antivirus Shortcut in Windows 10

You can even open it alongside the Defender Security Center and compare the available options.

How to restore Windows Defender blocked files?! [​IMG]

Bree, Mar 2, 2018
  5. chumbo Win User
    Thanks, that's certainly interesting to know but in my case it didn't help I'm afraid *Huh

I have exactly the same available options as in the Win10 Defender, i.e. what I explained in my OP.
    The removed files I'm trying to access show an error code: 0x80508023 so I'm not sure what that means but it looks like I won't be getting them back.

It's not a big deal in this instance as I can always download them again (I've now added my download folder as an excluded zone for Defender).
    On principal, I just don't want this to happen again, this way.
    Anyway, thanks for the tip, I created the shortcut, will certainly be handy someday *Wink

chumbo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to restore Windows Defender blocked files?! - Similar Threads - restore Defender blocked

2. Windows Defender - Restoring file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Restoring file: Hello, I am on Windows 11. Microsoft Defender is my AV.I also use Malwarebytes / Windows malware removal tool MRT.Recently, Defender flagged a file as containing trojan and quarantined it.Defender is not allowing me to open the "infected" subfolder inside.What exactly happens...
  3. Windows defender "blocked" file but unable to retrieve it.

Windows defender "blocked" file but unable to retrieve it.: HiWindows defender blocked/removed a file but I cant get it backProtection History...This app has been blockedDetected: Misleading:Win32/LodiStatus: RemovedI could point to arrow and select allow.But file is not back.How do I get it back?...
  4. Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender

Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender: I have a file that I know runs safe but Windows Defender had been deleting for the past 6 months. I could always just restore it and it created no fuss. Since the update KB4598481, I cannot access the protection history of my Windows Defender so I cannot restore that deleted...
  5. How to Restore Windows Defender

How to Restore Windows Defender: I've lost quiken date; spent two hours trying to fix it; they say it's an issue with Defender. How do I restore Defender to factory settings - had no problems until I started to improve my security settings. [Original Title: qUIKEN]...
  6. [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?: [repost] Windows Defender on my laptop quarantined steam_api.dll as a false alarm. I thought it's actually a tojan so I clicked on the 'Remove' button. However, I just found out that the file was perfect and I wanna restore it now. It is visible in 'Full History' tab but...
  7. Restore Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Windows Defender: Few months ago my friend showed me this this guide to remove unnecessary app from windows 10. He being the person that knows more about pc so I blindly follow him cuz muh "privacy". But now he got some ransomware virus that infected his pc and im scared. Is there anything I...
  8. Defender blocking file download.

Defender blocking file download.: I am unable to download photos or other files into folders unless I disable Defender Real Time Protection. I cannot properly run FreeFileSync, KeePass2, O&OSU.exe, and am unable to download photos form my Canon camera. Desperately need help!...
  9. Windows Defender blocking game save files

Windows Defender blocking game save files: Windows Defender (to be more specific, Virus & Threat Protection > Real Time Protection) thinks that my games on my computer are harming my computer when they enter save files. My games are official, all of them are from Steam, Origin, Uplay, and official PC-ROM discs....
  10. how to block or save a restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to block or save a restore point: The restore point has saved my time sometime specially when the machine becomes unmanageable. Unfortunately often I found the last restore point available corrupted (the first working one has been overwritten - not present in the list - ). I know in this way I loose updates...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender security center and restore the files if you believe these are false positives

2. restore a blocked file windwos defender

3. how to allow windows defender to let quickbook

4. how to view the program that windows defender blocked,
  5. how to reset windows defender allow,
  6. windows defender blocked files,
  7. windows defender blocked a download to how do i fix that,
  8. how to restore a file blocked by defender windows 10,
  9. blocked files in windows defender,
  10. why the 1-WS Update 2- windows defender 3- Restore & Recover are blocked & how to fix it,
  11. how to restore files blocked by windows defender,
  12. windows defender doesnt allow me to save files,
  13. HOW DO I RESTORE A PROGRAM THAT WINDOWS DEFENDER BLOCKED,
  14. how to restore what windows defender blocked