Windows 10: How to restrict windows search regarding files from start menu

Discus and support How to restrict windows search regarding files from start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi ten forums, how can I disable my private files from showing in start menu after typing keywords search in start menu? I don't want some of my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adithya JP, Feb 23, 2018.

1. How to restrict windows search regarding files from start menu

Hi ten forums, how can I disable my private files from showing in start menu after typing keywords search in start menu?
    I don't want some of my files to be shown in start menu. These files are showing under documents section.
    Is there any possibility to I restrict a particular folder so that it cannot be seen by Cortana when i search something?

:)

Adithya JP, Feb 23, 2018
  2. Smowing Win User

Restrict search in the Start menu (restringir busqueda en el menu inicio)

Hello, I have Windows 10 64-bit, what interests me is to restrict the search from the start menu and windows, because I do not want this looking folders and files; in windows 7 could be restricted. And just look in the file browser.

Thank you

Hola, tengo windows 10 64 bits, lo que me interesa es poder restringir las busquedas desde el menu inicio y la de windows, ya que no quiero que este buscando carpetas y archivos; en windows 7 se podia restringir. Y solo buscar en el explorador de archivos.

Gracias

Smowing, Feb 23, 2018
  3. Smowing Win User
    Restrict search in the Start menu (restringir busqueda en el menu inicio)

hi,

Sorry I do not speak English, for that reason it can be confusing my question.

no, is not that. What I want is that when writing a name the start menu; look no folders or files.

Thanks

Smowing, Feb 23, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

How to restrict windows search regarding files from start menu

Hi, simply don't specify them to be indexed by Windows search, or move them to a folder or drive which is not indexed.

See Indexing Options, Modify

How to restrict windows search regarding files from start menu [​IMG]

Note that Cortana is simply a front end, and uses the normal Windows Search database, like the search field in file explorer.

dalchina, Feb 23, 2018
Thema:

How to restrict windows search regarding files from start menu

1. How to restrict windows search regarding files from start menu - Similar Threads - restrict search regarding

2. How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?: Hi,I'm trying to re-enable searching the web from the Windows search bar after it disappeared without me changing any settings. I tried modifying the registry to re-enable it without any luck. Any ideas?Thanks,Craze...
  3. How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?: Hi,I'm trying to re-enable searching the web from the Windows search bar after it disappeared without me changing any settings. I tried modifying the registry to re-enable it without any luck. Any ideas?Thanks,Craze...
  4. Searching from the new Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching from the new Start menu: See:I have noticed that the two buttons at the bottom on the task bar on the left menu button and search button.... for me ... these only function on my primary monitor. If I click the same buttons on the seonc monitor they don't behave.Well, I can click the button on the...
  5. Searching from the new Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching from the new Start menu: See:I have noticed that the two buttons at the bottom on the task bar on the left menu button and search button.... for me ... these only function on my primary monitor. If I click the same buttons on the seonc monitor they don't behave.Well, I can click the button on the...
  6. Search not starting from start menu

in Cortana
    Search not starting from start menu: Hi,I recently started using my laptop after not using it for a while and the search doesn't seem to be working anymore.Normally to search I hit the windows key and start typing, the search results load in immediately.Now I hit the windows key and start typing, nothing happens...
  7. Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu: Hello. when i search from the start menu, all i want to find is applications (desktop apps, metro apps, shortcus to apps in the all-applications menu) and settings, not files and folders. (i already disabled the web search there). i still want to be able to search files...
  8. Automatically search files in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically search files in start menu: In Windows 7 I type xxxx.txt and it searches the file in the indexed files. In Windows 10 I have to type Find in Documents. How do I make it searches in my files without clicking a second time ? 9159
  9. Can't search from Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't search from Start menu: Hello! I recently had to reinstall (complete/clean install) W-10, and ever since then I cannot search from Start. I open the Start menu as normal, either by clicking the icon or by pressing the Windows key on my keyboard, but when I press any key as I normally would to...
  10. Start Menu search not finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not finding files: When I go to search for files (such as images/videos) through the Start Menu search (Cortana), files do not appear in results. The only way I can actually find these files is to manually click the "More" dropdown and select whichever file type it is (photos, videos, music...