Windows 10: How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?

Discus and support How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All, After the nightmare update we have all be enjoying, which has reset a lot of my customisation and fonts as well as killing one app, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LMX, Sep 28, 2016.

1. LMX
    LMX Win User

How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?

Hello All,

After the nightmare update we have all be enjoying, which has reset a lot of my customisation and fonts as well as killing one app, I have also got all my apps showing in my start menu instead of the convenient 'All Apps' button which made my start menu so neat and tidy before.

Anyone have an ideas on how to hide all my apps again? My start menu is ginormous with them all taking up space in the middle there, and everything I need quick access to is there in icon form anyway.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice,

:)

2. How do I easily return to the page with all the app icons on it, that I get when I first boot the m/c?

As Kartika R suggested it might be due to either tablet mode set to ON or start is set to full screen.

If tablet mode doesn't help,then I will suggest you to turn start full screen off.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 28, 2016
  3. d0gknees Win User
    How do I easily return to the page with all the app icons on it, that I get when I first boot the m/c?

That is the Desktop. If you're in a program and want to get back to it, click the - sign at the top right of the programs window to minimize it. You can also click in the extreme bottom-right corner and it will display the desktop.

HTH

d0gknees, Sep 28, 2016
  4. How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?

AFAIK, the "All Apps" button from builds prior to 1607 (Anniversary) is permanently gone, as the Start menu has been rewritten. I have yet to stumble across any information providing instructions to restore that function. Though, maybe a future 3rd party app or registry hack we don't know about yet could remedy that.

Ten Seconds, Sep 28, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    If you'd like to be independent of MS, want consistency in your start menu, use a 3rd party program.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?

1. How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu? - Similar Threads - return 'All Apps'

2. Start menu search not returning installed apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu search not returning installed apps: Hello there, The start menu search won't return some applications when i search them, i'd like to have the same behavior like the previous windows version. I have checked that the application in background checkbox is checked in the privacy settings, but it doesn't help, any...
  3. How to take fullscreen start menu start on all apps screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to take fullscreen start menu start on all apps screen?: I don't pin stuff to the start menu, I have no use for that. That being said, if I use fullscreen start, it's empty every time I press the start menu, which serves no purpose at all. To fix this, I'd like to see the "all apps" menu when I press the start button. Can I do...
  4. New app options in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    New app options in start menu: On my laptop, my start menu now has a new look with app options. For example, in Outlook, I can navigate straight to New Email Message (see photo attached). However, on my desktop, these options don't appear. I am running the same build of Windows (10.0.17134) on both...
  5. Start Menu not displaying All apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  6. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  7. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  8. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  9. Start Menu All Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu All Apps Screen: This menu got screwed up... any ideas how to fix? [img] 50390
  10. Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana not at all working, Metro apps return with error: Ever since 10130 came out I've had this problem where you simply cant access the start menu or Cortana. Running edge or the store returns with an error from explorer.exe claiming that it's an invalid value for the registry. Looking in other places, I found a solution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. return apps to start menu

2. return all apps icon to start menu

3. return apps to start bar

4. return all apps,
  5. return the all apps in star menu