Windows 10: How to return to default user

Discus and support How to return to default user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I bought a new ACER a few months back and after taking it home I just used the default account it was set up with (so this default account had all my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by danubiss, Nov 2, 2017.

1. danubiss Win User

How to return to default user

I bought a new ACER a few months back and after taking it home I just used the default account it was set up with (so this default account had all my files). Today I tried to create a guest account for my partner to use for ITunes, after doing so it now asks for a password on my main account, says the hard drive is full which its not, and now I've also lost all of my files even though it says the hard drive is full.
    The account I am now signed in with, which is the only account it lets me sign in with, is the one connected to my email address. I've tried disconnecting that email address from the computer but it doesn't do anything.
    I Just want to know how to go back to my original default account so I can continue to have access to my files. I have never had this problem before and it is a very strange one. I can't restore to a previous day because for some reason the system restore function was turned off. I also can't reset to factory settings as it keeps coming up with an error or keeps telling me my hard drive is full and to free up space.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

:)

danubiss, Nov 2, 2017
  2. TO User Win User

Windows 10 I/O Device Error

I installed Windows 10 yesterday - and although I was able to read one file with my external Seagate Drive - it then stopped working and I get a"Cannot access a folder due to I/O device error".

TO User, Nov 2, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 2, 2017
  4. How to return to default user

Hi danubiss. Welcome to the TenForums @danubiss.

Not sure I would use the word fix, maybe recover. First is the account you are logging in with an administrator account? If so you should be able to navigate to your files and copy them from the drive to a usb key or external drive. They will be located on c:\users\thenameyouwereusing.

If that doesn't work you can create this disk and boot from it and do copying.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Once your files are copied off there should be a boot option to invoke recovery. This takes you back to the day you walked out of store. I would look up the fkey in manual but you did not complete system specs.

A guest account is not a "recognized" Windows 10 item, Standard accounts are. Should you want to try again can I recommend this tutorial

Add Guest Account in Windows 10

If you want to go to the latest version of Windows 10 you could also use the Clean Install tutorial.

Clean Install Windows 10

The software is free and since you had Win 10 it will activate.

You must have your data copied off before the vendor recovery or clean install. Do NOT proceed until you have you data.

Restore Points are not enabled by default although the newer builds seem to have it enabled. In any event the member here strongly recommend Macrium Reflect.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 3, 2017
Thema:

How to return to default user

1. How to return to default user - Similar Threads - return default user

2. How to return to default colors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return to default colors?: My brand-new HP laptop with Windows 10 displays Web pages with white text on a black background and "washed out" pictures. How can I revert to what used to be the default setting: black text on a white background? I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but I...
  3. How to return to default colors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to return to default colors?: My brand-new HP laptop with Windows 10 displays Web pages with white text on a black background and "washed out" pictures. How can I revert to what used to be the default setting: black text on a white background? I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but I...
  4. How to return to default colors?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I return the colors back to the default setting

How do I return the colors back to the default setting: So I decided to turn on eye saver mode which was fine until I realized I was unable to see highlighted text in Word. I went back to remove or turn off eye saver mode and could not fine the switch. In order to complete working I played around with the colors until I was able...
  6. settings return to default with reboot/startup

settings return to default with reboot/startup: This started on the morning of Oct 21 at 8a central. The most recent Windows updates were installed Sep 30. Upon each reboot/startup, everything on the machine reverts to default setting: time/date format display settings all apps default back to the original app...
  7. cursor returns to default

cursor returns to default: hi every time after restart or boot the cursor returns to default instead of what I had before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-returns-to-default/151e0e64-169a-407e-aa83-a686b5ab53c1
  8. Default Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Users: Hi there, I've got my Windows 10 that came with a laptop I bought about an year ago. I wasn't using it so much and I am not much of a geek anymore. Before I used to customise absolutely everything that I have to touch. Well I still got some of that and at the moment there...
  9. Return Desktop Icon size to default

Return Desktop Icon size to default: The desktop icon size suddenly increased by a factor of 4. How do I return them to the default size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-desktop-icon-size-to-default/d620ba2a-4acc-4c1a-ad0c-87c052143f7d
  10. How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener

in Windows 10 Support
    How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener: I activated win10 MSpaint and it "captured" all my files as the primary file opener. When I go to default files to change win 10 settings is does not show pixia as a choice. It used to because that's how I set it up two years ago. thanks for all help that comes in very...