Windows 10: How to return to PC Settings > Apps "Allow apps from anywhere?"

Discus and support How to return to PC Settings > Apps "Allow apps from anywhere?" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to install iTunes from an Apple download. I get the message: "Your PC settings mean only verified apps from the Store can be installed. Here's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OldGrantonian, May 31, 2018.

1. How to return to PC Settings > Apps "Allow apps from anywhere?"

I wanted to install iTunes from an Apple download. I get the message: "Your PC settings mean only verified apps from the Store can be installed. Here's a similar app from the Store"

In "PC Settings", I see "Allow apps from the store only"

I changed to "Allow apps from anywhere". That allowed the iTunes installation.

After the installation, I changed PC Settings to be "Warn me when ..."

Now I want to install CCleaner. I get a red warning "This app has been blocked for your protection."

I changed PC settings to "Allow apps from anywhere." I get the same red warning.

How do I get back to my original setup, which was "Allow apps from anywhere"?

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, May 31, 2018
Thema:

How to return to PC Settings > Apps "Allow apps from anywhere?"

1. How to return to PC Settings > Apps "Allow apps from anywhere?" - Similar Threads - return Settings Apps

2. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  3. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  4. Changing app recommendation settings to 'anywhere'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing app recommendation settings to 'anywhere': I am trying to install programs on my new laptop and am unable to adjust the Windows app setting to allow apps from sources other than the Microsoft Store. I followed the instructions in this article: Change your app recommendation settings in Windows - Microsoft...
  5. Changing app recommendation settings to 'anywhere'

Changing app recommendation settings to 'anywhere': I am trying to install programs on my new laptop and am unable to adjust the Windows app setting to allow apps from sources other than the Microsoft Store. I followed the instructions in this article: Change your app recommendation settings in Windows - Microsoft...
  6. Facebook messenger app won't allow me to "type" anywhere...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook messenger app won't allow me to "type" anywhere...: I can click on any menu but it won't let me type. That is one SERIOUS bug and it's nothing i'm doing wrong. I've been working on computers and OSes for 30+ years and i know how apps run. I've even tried running it in Admin mode, no luck.I first noticed the problem when i went...
  7. Facebook messenger app won't allow me to "type" anywhere...

Facebook messenger app won't allow me to "type" anywhere...: I can click on any menu but it won't let me type. That is one SERIOUS bug and it's nothing i'm doing wrong. I've been working on computers and OSes for 30+ years and i know how apps run. I've even tried running it in Admin mode, no luck.I first noticed the problem when i went...
  8. How to delete app from startup app setting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete app from startup app setting?: I installed DS4 windows and deleted it but in the settings there is still an option to toggle it on or off for startup items. Is there a location where I can delete this file? I've run CCleaner and deleted temp files but its still there. submitted by /u/GraveSymphony...
  9. "allow apps from anywhere" drop-down menu missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "allow apps from anywhere" drop-down menu missing: How do I download apps that are not in the app store? So I saw that my version of zoom was a bit outdated and I wanted to download a newer one, so when I went to the download page and clicked the download button, and when It finished I opened it and it said: "The app you're...
  10. Allow apps and how to remove it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps and how to remove it: Hello! When i for exempel buy a game and when i starting to play it's coming a note that says that i have to allow that app. I think this is kinda annoying so i want to set this setting to deafult. can anyone help me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to return to PC Settings > Apps Allow apps from anywhere?

2. your pc settings mean only verified apps from the store can be installed.