Windows 10: How to Right Click using Keyboard in Windows

Discus and support How to Right Click using Keyboard in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Right Click using Keyboard in Windows How to Right Click using Keyboard in Windows [img] Information The right click is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to Right Click using Keyboard in Windows

How to: How to Right Click using Keyboard in Windows

How to Right Click using Keyboard in Windows [​IMG]
    Information The right click is the action of pressing the right button on a mouse or touchpad. When you right click on an item in Windows, it will usually open a context menu, drop menu, or jump list for additional options for that item.

This tutorial will show you how to right click on files, folders, and drives in File Explorer or on your desktop using a keyboard in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Select one or more items you want to right click on.

2. Press the Shift + F10 keys.

3. You can now perform one of the actions below to select an item in the context menu. (see screenshot below)
    A) Look for the underlined letter in the context menu of the item you want to select, and press that letter on the keyboard.

B) Press the arrow keys to navigate to and highlight the item you want in the context menu, and press Enter to select it.

C) Click/tap on the item you want in the context menu.

How to Right Click using Keyboard in Windows [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 3, 2017

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Keyboard not working after windows 10 upgrade.

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps to open Device manager.

• Right Click on Windows Logo.

• Select Device Manager.

• Or, you may use the On Screen Keyboard.

• Right Click on Windows, Select Control Panel.

• Click on Ease of access center.

• Click on Screen Keyboard.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 26, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Right Click using Keyboard in Windows - Similar Threads - Right Click using

2. How to Left and Right Click with Keyboard on Windows PC?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Left and Right Click with Keyboard on Windows PC?: [IMG]In this post, we will guide you on using the left and the right-click with the keyboard on Windows PC, and you will be a pro within a few minutes. Although using a PC/laptop touchpad has reduced the need for a physical mouse over the years, it is still relevant –...
  3. How to right-click using one-handed mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to right-click using one-handed mouse?: How can I right click on the screen when I'm using a mouse that can only left-click and a Windows virtual / accessibility keyboard? I'm unable to use the Windows-provided virtual keyboard to highlight an object I want to right-click and press shift-F10....
  4. How to right-click using one-handed mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to right-click using one-handed mouse?: How can I right click on the screen when I'm using a mouse that can only left-click and a Windows virtual / accessibility keyboard? I'm unable to use the Windows-provided virtual keyboard to highlight an object I want to right-click and press shift-F10....
  5. How to fix right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix right click: Hi, every time I right click on a app on my desktop it just loads and loads and loads. I can't do anything on home screen after that. Only stops loading if I restart my computer. I tried a trouble shooting option that just makes my computer blue screen now. Help please...
  6. How to Mimic Right Click Keyboard button functionality to Another Key on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Mimic Right Click Keyboard button functionality to Another Key on Keyboard: Hi All,I do not have right click button on keyboard. Therefore looking for options to mimic its functionality to another key or combination of keys on keyboard. I do not use mouse or touchpad. I am keyboard lover.Right click from touchpad works differently as that does right...
  7. Use "alt" for right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use "alt" for right click: Especially in Windows explorer, just like win7. submitted by /u/BBQ_Sauce_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fntagd/use_alt_for_right_click/
  8. Using a keyboard to click.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using a keyboard to click.: I have an HP Envy Laptop. Clicking on the touchpad is not working. I can move the mouse with the touchpad. My computer repair shop says it is a hardware problem and they will need the laptop for at least 6 weeks as they will have to open the computer, and then order the...
  9. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...
  10. Can't right click using touchpad

Can't right click using touchpad: Hi, I'm having trouble with my moms PC (Acer laptop). Right clicking is not working, but left click is working fine. I went to the trackpad settings and first checked that "Use two fingers to right click" was checked, and it was. Then I tried checking the other option...