Windows 10: How to roll back from Windows 10 Preview to Windows Phone 8.1

Discus and support How to roll back from Windows 10 Preview to Windows Phone 8.1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yesterday, Microsoft released a new update to the Windows 10 Preview for phone and you've probably realized that it is far from being finished. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to roll back from Windows 10 Preview to Windows Phone 8.1

Read more: How to roll back from Windows 10 Preview to Windows Phone 8.1 | Windows Central

See tutorial here: Windows Phone Recovery Tool - Recover from Windows 10 for Phones - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Brink, Apr 11, 2015

2. How to update Windows 10 to Windows 8.1

Hi kasunhewage

I understand your question.

You have to rollback the software of phone if you want to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10.

You have to use Lumia software recovery tool to rollback to Windows 8.1.

Please refer the link for detail procedure.

Here it is
    http://www.windowscentral.com/roll-back-windows-phone-81-windows-10-preview/

MCCshreyas, Apr 11, 2015
  3. Roll back to windows 8.1 in lumia 430

I want to roll back from windows 10 technical preview to windows 8.1. I did this before. Now I have the windows 8.1 file downloaded in my computer. Now, how can I install windows 8.1 to my phone without downloading the file again?

SazzadNaiem, Apr 11, 2015
  4. pigpenz Win User

thanks for the post
    it is a little buggy so far

pigpenz, Apr 11, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    One thing about that blog I find unforgivably unprofessional and he should be fired is step 5:

Telling people to skip the backup is so totally wrong.*Redcarded

Cliff S, Apr 11, 2015
  6. pigpenz Win User
    maybe the preview was unprofessional....on my phone the Lumia 520 the phone and camera were the only thing that worked after the preview was loaded. But I knew the risks, luckily the 520 is only about $40.

pigpenz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to roll back from Windows 10 Preview to Windows Phone 8.1 - Similar Threads - roll Preview Phone

2. Roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hi Is there any way without doing a clean install to roll back to Windows 10.My system is well suited to run Windows 11 but it is causing apps to hang and massively slowing my productivity.Hoping there is an option available....
  3. Roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hi Is there any way without doing a clean install to roll back to Windows 10.My system is well suited to run Windows 11 but it is causing apps to hang and massively slowing my productivity.Hoping there is an option available....
  4. How to downgrade back to windows 8 from windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to downgrade back to windows 8 from windows 10?: So I have this old ASUS laptop and upgraded to windows 10 last year. The laptop became very slow after a few months I have done a factory reset and it is still slow. I want to downgrade back to windows 8. How can I do this? Thanks for your helpGunn...
  5. How to downgrade back to windows 8 from windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to downgrade back to windows 8 from windows 10?: So I have this old ASUS laptop and upgraded to windows 10 last year. The laptop became very slow after a few months I have done a factory reset and it is still slow. I want to downgrade back to windows 8. How can I do this? Thanks for your helpGunn...
  6. How to downgrade back to windows 8 from windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. How to roll back Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to roll back Windows 10: The latest Windows update has caused my 2nd monitor to stop working Windows no longer detects its existence. System restore was not enabled perhaps because system disk is small SSD, with secondary HDD, and Settings app does not have option "Go back to the previous version...
  8. Rolling back from Windows Insider Preview to Windows 10

Rolling back from Windows Insider Preview to Windows 10: Can someone provide me with instructions for going back to Windows 10? I'm currently on the Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 18950.rs_prerelease.190726-1645. I would like to opt out of the Windows 10 preview program. Thank you! * Original title: Rolling back to Windows...
  9. Rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows 7

Rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows 7: I was using Windows 7 64 bit a little over a year ago and I wanted to try Windows 10 Upgrade. After I did the upgrade from 7 to 10 two day's later I hated 10 and wanted 7 back. I went into the settings and found the rollback but I could not get it to rollback because it said...
  10. Rolling back a tablet from 10 to 8 after files are gone.

Rolling back a tablet from 10 to 8 after files are gone.: Well I have a toshiba encore I think it is, a small tablet which starts with windows 8 on it, had upgraded to 10 and ended up resetting it to factory settings in a way which left it without the files to roll back to 8 and of course it asks for the windows key but because 10...