Windows 10: How to run a program in task scheduler?

Discus and support How to run a program in task scheduler? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed Speedfan and it won't run at the windows startup, so I tried to schedule it in task scheduler, I am not familiar with using it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SoxmisUK, Aug 6, 2015.

1. SoxmisUK Win User

How to run a program in task scheduler?

I have installed Speedfan and it won't run at the windows startup, so I tried to schedule it in task scheduler, I am not familiar with using it and wondered if there is a guide for W10 64 anywhere or if anyone can tell me how?

Many thanks in advance! John.

:)

SoxmisUK, Aug 6, 2015

2. how to run a program in notepad

You can create scripts in Notepad and save them as .bat

This will let you execute them:

How to Write a Batch Script on Windows

https://www.howtogeek.com/263177/how-to-write-a...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how to run a program in notepad

Hi Kevin, you seem to be coding in Notepad++ . . .

Notepad is a good text editor for that, but it will not run your code.

What language are you coding in?

DaveM121, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

In Start type "Task Scheduler". In the window that opens up click on Create Task and it will open the window that would allow you to enter all timing frequency etc. information. You could also click on Create Basic Task and it will walk you through each of the steps required. Post if you have any issues.

Snakeyes, Aug 7, 2015
  5. SoxmisUK Win User
    Yes, I'd tried it several times but couldn't get it to work until I selected the option to have it start at logon.. (Default=Startup..) High priority selected too.

SoxmisUK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to run a program in task scheduler? - Similar Threads - run program task

2. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  3. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  4. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  5. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  6. How to Program Task Scheduler to Run 3 Programs One After the Other?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Program Task Scheduler to Run 3 Programs One After the Other?: Hi guys.. I'm trying to program Task Scheduler to run 3 antivirus programs one after the other. How do I program it to do so? 181262
  7. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  8. Task Scheduler - how to run program on different drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - how to run program on different drive?: Hi, I'm trying to set up a task using Task Scheduler to run a game which is on one of my secondary drives, drive F: - I have Windows 10 installed on the C: drive. The problem I'm having is Task Scheduler doesn't seem able to start a program if it's on any drive except C: -...
  9. Task Scheduler doesn't run program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler doesn't run program: I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....
  10. Task Scheduler not running programs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler not running programs...: Hello Guys, I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Tried using Task Scheduler to automatically run Good Sync program on a predefined schedule. However, it fails to run the program. My user account has administrative priviledges. Thanks for your replies. 37970