Windows 10: How to run Android in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to run Android in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; NOTE: I presumed that this is the proper forum to ask about emulators. If is not, please advise! I want to run Android apps, and understand that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by swampwiz, May 25, 2016.

1. swampwiz Win User

How to run Android in Windows 10?

NOTE: I presumed that this is the proper forum to ask about emulators. If is not, please advise!

I want to run Android apps, and understand that I need an emulator. What should I do? What is the best FREE one that I can download? Thanks

:)

swampwiz, May 25, 2016

2. how to run android apps in windows phone

AFAIK you cannot

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 25, 2016
  3. NelyMao Win User
    how to run android apps in windows phone

Can we use android apps in windows phone? If so can i get some clue how to use it?

NelyMao, May 25, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Have a look at this....................

Download BlueStacks For PC/Laptop, Bluestacks Free Download For Windows 10/8.1/8
    Bluestacks Download Free For PC/Laptop Windows 10/7/8.1/8

I had it installed a couple of months ago on this Win 10 Home laptop. It worked. I played a few games using it.
    Due to clean install, I did not bother to reinstall it since I am not a gamer and I have android tablet at my disposal.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  5. swampwiz Win User
    I am planning on using it to do VOIP telephone.

swampwiz, May 25, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Sorry, I have no idea what is VOIP telephone.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  7. Could you state exactly which VOIP phone system you want to use ?
    Also you system spec's being filled in will help a lot.

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 25, 2016
  8. How to run Android in Windows 10?

To answer you question :

How to run Android in Windows 10? [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 25, 2016
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Loads of Android "VM's out there -- your best bet though is probably to use a computer with a touch screen as some android apps are rather tricky to do with just a mouse.

For VOIP you don't really need to use an Android emulator or VM though (note there IS a difference betweeen a VM and an emulator -- to explain is beyond the scope of this post - google if you are interested). On Windows you can use things like SKYPE, or even some office apps like LYNC if you have or can connect to a server.

This one is quite good to start with but you have to pay after 30 days (10 USD). I'd start with this one as it works straight OOTB . You don't even need to need to install VBOX as the image is pre-built and will run straight away on windows. Once you've got the idea then look for other Android VM's which might be slightly trickier to get working but Free.

The suggested one can also root and unroot your Virtual Android device too (i.e "Jail Break") so you could see the effects of rooting / unrooting your device are. A good learning tool - but remember after 30 days you have to pay so learn fast !!!.

How to run Android apps in Windows with a virtual machine | PCWorld

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 25, 2016
  10. you can use BlueStack for Voip Calling app like itel dialer and others *Wink

m1s3rys1gn4l, May 31, 2016
  11. indogt Win User
    i think, the nox app player for android emulator is better for you. please visit noxappplayer.net
    google play ready, more powerful, faster than bluestacks, lots games free

indogt, Jun 21, 2016
  12. huisinro Win User
    huisinro, Jun 27, 2016
  13. cereberus Win User

I tried it on several pcs - it crashes on all of them bigtime during install forcing reboot - all are on AU version.

cereberus, Aug 26, 2016
  14. GalaxyGe Win User
    GalaxyGe, Sep 11, 2016
  15. Silli Win User
    Yes, why not. you can ownload BlueStacks For PC or Laptop, Bluestacks is available for Windows 10/8.1/8 imessage for windows

Silli, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to run Android in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - run Android

2. Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?: I nave an Android app running under Windows 11 Subsystem for Android WSA. The tablet connects to a local WiFi source not the Internet, but the application does not. How do I troubleshoot and fix things so the application will connect to the WiFi source?The app is not...
  3. Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?: I nave an Android app running under Windows 11 Subsystem for Android WSA. The tablet connects to a local WiFi source not the Internet, but the application does not. How do I troubleshoot and fix things so the application will connect to the WiFi source?The app is not...
  4. Why does Defender on Android change the wording of the Notification of it running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Defender on Android change the wording of the Notification of it running?: There is a notification message that says "Your Device Protection is Active" and "No current threats" and then an icon with a down arrow. When you click on the down arrow, a smaller icon with "Microsoft Defender" shows up at the top of the notification.Every now and then,...
  5. Why does Defender on Android change the wording of the Notification of it running?

Why does Defender on Android change the wording of the Notification of it running?: There is a notification message that says "Your Device Protection is Active" and "No current threats" and then an icon with a down arrow. When you click on the down arrow, a smaller icon with "Microsoft Defender" shows up at the top of the notification.Every now and then,...
  6. How to run app with arm on Windows Subsystem for Android?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run app with arm on Windows Subsystem for Android?: How to run app with arm on Windows Subsystem for Android? Thanks!Error message: "the installed app version is supporting ARM but detected hardware is x86..."...
  7. How to run app with arm on Windows Subsystem for Android?

How to run app with arm on Windows Subsystem for Android?: How to run app with arm on Windows Subsystem for Android? Thanks!Error message: "the installed app version is supporting ARM but detected hardware is x86..."...
  8. Can't run any android application on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run any android application on windows 11.: Recently I have updated my computer system to windows 11. I installed the WSA, I installed amazon store, I installed some apks. However, although the installations are successful, I can't open any application on my computer, including the Amazon appstore. Each time I double...
  9. Can't run any android application on windows 11.

Can't run any android application on windows 11.: Recently I have updated my computer system to windows 11. I installed the WSA, I installed amazon store, I installed some apks. However, although the installations are successful, I can't open any application on my computer, including the Amazon appstore. Each time I double...
  10. Why does Defender on Android change the wording of the Notification of it running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security