Windows 10: how to run process explorer from startup folder as admin

Discus and support how to run process explorer from startup folder as admin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are several items that don't appear in process explorer (sysinternals) unless it is run as administrator. I want to do this everytime I log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rocket777, Apr 25, 2016.

1. rocket777 Win User

how to run process explorer from startup folder as admin

There are several items that don't appear in process explorer (sysinternals) unless it is run as administrator.

I want to do this everytime I log in, so I placed a shortcut in the startup folder. This only works if I don't change the compatibility settings on it to run as administrator.

I suspect that during login/startup that the prompt asking if you really want to run as administrator does not work from items in the startup folder.

Is there any other way to get this going automatically?

:)

rocket777, Apr 25, 2016
  2. neilpzz Win User

how to alwaysd run as admin

It's not saying you are not the admin it is part of windows protection making sure you want to run the program with admin privileges.

There is nothing to fix, this is normal.

neilpzz, Apr 25, 2016
  3. THoneyJr Win User
    Run file explorer as admin

I am the Administrator of this computer. In Windows 10 I have found it impossible to find the location of File Explorer exe file. I believe that it's usually in system32. I wanted to run a program and was told that I had to run it as Administrator.
    Right clicking on the icon for File Explorer did not present "Run as administrator" option as it has done in previous versions of Windows; nor would properties disclose it's file location, only it's shortcut. WHY?

THoneyJr, Apr 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello rocket777, *Smile

By default, Windows will not allow a program to "Run as administrator" at startup.

However, you could use the method in the tutorial as a workaround to do so. It basically shows you how to create an elevated shortcut to run the program, then place this elevated shortcut in your Startup folder.

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Apr 25, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Interesting.
    Thanks for the tutorial.

davidhk, Apr 25, 2016
  6. rocket777 Win User
    Thanks, that worked! It's also nice to see that something that worked in windows 7 still works in windows 10 *Cool

rocket777, Apr 25, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to run process explorer from startup folder as admin - Similar Threads - run process explorer

2. Windows explorer run in the same process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer run in the same process: I have win11 22H2 and windows explorer doesn't run in separate process.I have enable the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in Folder Options > View.In addition the value in registry is...
  3. Windows explorer run in the same process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer run in the same process: I have win11 22H2 and windows explorer doesn't run in separate process.I have enable the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in Folder Options > View.In addition the value in registry is...
  4. background process is running on windows startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    background process is running on windows startup: I am using coc coc and brave but coc coc update and brave update process keeps running in the background kinda goofy how should I stop them running in background and to stop from starting as the windows boot.Has anyone ever encountered anything like this and if yes how you...
  5. background process is running on windows startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background process is running on windows startup: I am using coc coc and brave but coc coc update and brave update process keeps running in the background kinda goofy how should I stop them running in background and to stop from starting as the windows boot.Has anyone ever encountered anything like this and if yes how you...
  6. background process is running on windows startup

7. How to stop a program from running as admin

How to stop a program from running as admin: I have a program that runs with elevated privileges when I double click on the icon. I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off.I checked the following places:1.Right Click on the shortcut -> Advanced -> Run as...
  8. How to check if a process is running with admin rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check if a process is running with admin rights in Windows 10: There are many processes for different programs that run with administrative rights or elevated privileges. While some processes need elevated privileges to run programs properly, other processes don’t need such privileges. If you want to check which processes are running...
  9. How to prevent Cortona processes from running

How to prevent Cortona processes from running: I have Windows 10, and have disabled its processes before so they don't run. I can kill them in task manager, but want to prevent them from running entirely yet again. MS re-enables Cortana on every update, and has made it harder to disable in its entirety. I do not want...
  10. EXE in Startup folder not running

EXE in Startup folder not running: Just don't know if it's really worth the trouble, seems like just one issue after another. Latest is I wrote a program that runs on windows 10 just fine from a shortcut on the desktop. I copied the shortcut to the startup folder for my account and did all the compatibility...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2016 process explorer how to run