Windows 10: How To Save a Contact From SMS/Phone No in Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support How To Save a Contact From SMS/Phone No in Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If you receive an SMS from a new phone number or if you manually dial a phone number, it doesn't appear that you can save the number to your contacts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ARC1020, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ARC1020 Win User

How To Save a Contact From SMS/Phone No in Windows 10 Mobile

If you receive an SMS from a new phone number or if you manually dial a phone number, it doesn't appear that you can save the number to your contacts list as a new contact. With SMS, if you click on the phone number you received the SMS from and then the save icon (the only option available) it just opens the People app, making it seem like it's disappeared somewhere. With the phone dialer, again if you hit the save icon, it just throws you into the People app leaving the user to wonder where it's disappeared to.

I'm not entirely sure why Microsoft designed it this way as it pretty rubbish, however it is possible to save numbers. After hitting the save button, you then need to click the '+' symbol in the People app as if creating a new contact from scratch. Why it doesn't just go straight to the 'New Outlook Contact' Screen is beyond me, as that would be the most logical and user-friendly way to do it.

How To Save a Contact From SMS/Phone No in Windows 10 Mobile [​IMG]

:)

ARC1020, Dec 31, 2015

2. unable to transfer contacts and SMS from N95 to Samsung Omnia

Omnia can see only contacts on the Sim card but not all contacts in the phone memory. I tried to save them on a memory card but Omnia is still unable to see the card. In addition, I am unable to transfer all the sms to the new phone (~2000). They are currently
    saved on the nokia memory card.

More over, with windows Mobile, how can you access your contact list and send SMS from pc, as I used to do with N95. I spent few hours trying all possible solutions, but in vain......thoughts plz?

Iman

ielhariry_222, Dec 31, 2015
  3. apolsoft Win User
    Which mobile SMS backup app is the most useful one? I need it!?

About transfer and backup SMS & Contacts!

This is not spam,but wanna share with you.

Iwm Transfer sms can backup and save all your mobile SMS & Contacts to computer,and you can manage windows mobile SMS & Contacts on computer.

The useful information from the website:

iwmtool.com

If it useful, please tell the people around you.

apolsoft, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

How To Save a Contact From SMS/Phone No in Windows 10 Mobile

1. How To Save a Contact From SMS/Phone No in Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - Save Contact SMS

2. Phone SMS CHANGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone SMS CHANGE: Hello there, I am suffering from a problem with my Microsoft account on the laptop, as it asked me to update the program, but after I received the update, the PIN code for the laptop was stopped, and the problem is that it asks for my old phone number that does not work, and...
  3. Phone SMS CHANGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone SMS CHANGE: Hello there, I am suffering from a problem with my Microsoft account on the laptop, as it asked me to update the program, but after I received the update, the PIN code for the laptop was stopped, and the problem is that it asks for my old phone number that does not work, and...
  4. How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?: I deleted all SMS from my connected android smartphone Pixel 6.I still see SMS message in windows 10 phone link app.I already tried to:Update both app from smartphone and from windows 10delete and reinstall phone link in windows 10 storeuninstall and reinstall phone link on...
  5. How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?

How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?: I deleted all SMS from my connected android smartphone Pixel 6.I still see SMS message in windows 10 phone link app.I already tried to:Update both app from smartphone and from windows 10delete and reinstall phone link in windows 10 storeuninstall and reinstall phone link on...
  6. Send and receive SMS messages without a mobile phone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Send and receive SMS messages without a mobile phone.: Asked on google how to send and receive SMS without a Cell Phone. Got a response "I would be glad to help you. What is your Credit card number. Can I please learn this with out paying a one time fee of $25.00. Is there a windows 10 program that emulates a mobile phone...
  7. Yor Phone SMS problem

Yor Phone SMS problem: SMS send from Your Phone app on my pc won't show on my smartphone and is not archived anywhere. My smartphone is Huawei P10 Lite, Android 8.0. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yor-phone-sms-problem/95d722f4-3f4a-44fe-a9cf-18d7d94ce008
  8. Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone

in Cortana
    Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone: I used to send text/SMS messages from my PC (desktop and laptop) using Cortana by typing in the command "send text". It has suddenly stopped working and now I get the message "I'm sorry I can't send messages here. Try Cortana on your phone". I have a windows phone and use...
  9. sms from Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Support
    sms from Windows 10 PC: Could someone pls tell me if it's possible to receive and reply to phone sms on your PC (Insider Build 17754.1) when you're using a Windows Phone? Microsoft says the PhoneApp will only work on Android and iPhones but that the Windows Phone is already linked. 117726
  10. Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Project to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen...