Windows 10: How to Save Email in Mail App

Discus and support How to Save Email in Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless. I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bpsanborn, Aug 30, 2015.

1. bpsanborn Win User

How to Save Email in Mail App

This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless.

I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard file... as in Outlook. There is noway to create or open local folders and then use the move "action"

Thanks
    Brian

:)

bpsanborn, Aug 30, 2015

2. How to take and save Mail app email to my Documents in Windows 10

Hello,

We completely understand your requirement in this regard.

But due to some limitations, Mail app doesn't have an option to move the email to other Location.
    Please post your feedback on this using Windows Feedback app, which will really help us to look into this option with future updates and moreover help us to improve your experience.

I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 30, 2015
  3. How to take and save Mail app email to my Documents in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your requirement in this regard.

Usually, Windows Mail app will store the content to the location

C:\Users\User Profile\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    In the above path, User Profile will be the name of your current User Account. However, content will be in machine readable format, which can't be accessed or moved to some other location. In view of the same, you cannot
    move the emails to another location.

Suggest you to post your feedback on this using Windows Feedback app. Your feedback help us to improve your experience.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 30, 2015
  4. gpstoloff Win User

gpstoloff, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

1. How to Save Email in Mail App - Similar Threads - Save Email Mail

2. How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app: Hi, I’m trying to add a talktalk email to the Mail app not Outlook on a new laptop for a family member and it’s giving me this message every time I try to sync the emails: “We couldnt access this account :talktalk.You might need to update your password or give the account...
  3. Syncing email in Mail app

Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  4. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  5. Saving email group in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email group in Mail app: I can't see how to save a large group of addressees that I have sent an email to (40 members of a club) so that I can use it again. I don't want to save them all individually into my People app. In Outlook I was able to save such a group and name it (eg "Rotary". Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:

Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:: I have upgraded to 1909 at Microsoft's suggestion but it has not solved the issue. I am not using Outlook. Can someone give me a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-is-not-saving-sent-emails/1b7ea4a2-4524-4c3c-98f3-7807b224b0cf
  7. Windows 10 Mail - How to restore/merge saved Emails

Windows 10 Mail - How to restore/merge saved Emails: Hi all, I have a quick question regarding the Windows 10 Mail system. On one laptop, the HD has been swapped for a new (SSD) one and we still have the old-one in an external 2.5 case via USB, with all the files intact. While 2 out of 3 existing emails have been restored...
  8. How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.: I folks, I have an Outlook account, of course, but I don't use it. Instead I use my Yahoo email, but for some reason the new app won't let me add it. Instead it only wants my Outlook email. Is there and way to add a Yahoo email? This is what I get when I select Add...
  9. Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app: I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to...
  10. Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most....