Windows 10: How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive

Discus and support How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I recently made Edge my default browser due to multiple problems w/Firefox. I imported all my folders (favorites) from FF to Edge. Someone suggested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Fred22, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive

I recently made Edge my default browser due to multiple problems w/Firefox. I imported all my folders (favorites) from FF to Edge. Someone suggested that I back these folders up to a flash drive. I exported all of my FF folders to a flash drive some time ago which was easy b/c there was the import, export button on FF. However, I don't see that option in Edge. How do I back up my Edge folders to flash drive?

:)

Fred22, Apr 16, 2017
  2. GREvans Win User

Edge Favorites missing after latest Win10 update, 12th November 2015

It appears that every time that MS Edge is updated, the Favorites that might have started as a transfer from IE and is then updated within MS Edge is literally blown away... obliterated... Gone. Why is it that MS can't incorporate a save and restore within
    their updates to preserve the Favorites created and updated within Edge????????

GREvans, Apr 16, 2017
  3. Edge Favorites missing after latest Win10 update, 12th November 2015

We're told this is in an upcoming version. Until then you can use
    Manage Edge Favorites

which is a small app that provides a Favoites Management and backup interface for Edge. Just remember to save anything you do in it to Edge before exiting.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 16, 2017
  5. Fred22 Win User
    Thanks Brink...will check it out.

Fred22, Apr 17, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 17, 2017
  7. RaymondC Win User
    Hi Brink
    New member here. ( old too 70 ) I am having the same issues with favorites Edge version 38.14393.1066.0

Settings, updates, = system up to date today, I am assuming Edge is updated automatically with windows updates

There is no export / import options apart form import from explorer. Since this is a new system and only ever had Windows 10, there are no explorer favorites to import

Thanks Ray

RaymondC, Jun 11, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 11, 2017
  9. RaymondC Win User
    RaymondC, Jun 11, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    This feature is not available until build 14926 instead. You should be able to check for updates in Windows Update to update to the latest build if you like.

Brink, Jun 11, 2017
  11. RaymondC Win User
    I have auto updates on, this was the last update, 2017-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513) and according to my system in settings, updates. check for updates, said my system is up to date as of today !! ?? Can I force/manually update ?

Cheers

Ray

RaymondC, Jun 11, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive - Similar Threads - save Edge favorites

2. How to save to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save to a flash drive: How do you save to a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-to-a-flash-drive/3462afbe-839d-407f-a7b2-ba4b75fdbabb
  3. How to save to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save to a flash drive: How do you save to a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-to-a-flash-drive/3462afbe-839d-407f-a7b2-ba4b75fdbabb
  4. Lost MS Edge menu to export and save favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Lost MS Edge menu to export and save favorites: I'm using MS Edge V 83.0.478.37 I usually export and save my favorites to a backup disk every week or so and I just tried and the export menu is no longer under Managing Favorites. It used to be in the lower left hand corner of the screen and is no long there. Any ideas? -...
  5. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save favorite passwords in Edge: I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop in EDGE. So far, so good. however I cannot get the passwords to save for favorites I've used forever. Any ideas?...
  6. Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.: Here is what I am wondering, in google you can click on a favorites folder and see list of links, then you can slide your mouse over other folders, and see your links. But in Ms Edge you can't do that, you have to click on the page to close folder, then click on another...
  7. MS Edge and Flash Player.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge and Flash Player.: I am trying my best to use MS Edge, but I am not happy with the built in flash player. Sometimes I do get the prompt to use flash once or always, other times nothing. Use adobe flash is set to on, so why are some sites with video not playing. Here is one site that does not...
  8. MS Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Favorites: With the Internet Explorer I have my favorites organized into folders. When I import them into the Edge and look at the favorites I see a whole bunch of folders with 0 items in them and I don't know why. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? 30187
  9. How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?: How to save and view the website in the Favorites inMicrosoft Edge? 21215
  10. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save favorites in edge to flash drive

2. how to save favs to thumb drive from edge

3. export favorites from edge to flash drive

4. How to save a webpage to a flash drive on Edge,
  5. how to save favorites to flash drive,
  6. save edge favorites to flash drive,
  7. export edge favorites to flash drive,
  8. saving bookmarks in edge to a flash drive,
  9. edge how to copy my favorites to flash drive,
  10. backup favorites to flash drive,
  11. how to copy favorites to flash drive,