Windows 10: how to save/transfer display settings

Discus and support how to save/transfer display settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just got a laptop with HD display (3200x1800). It has taken some time to figure out settings to make this usable for "normal" computer use. Where are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ruggb, Dec 16, 2016.

1. ruggb Win User

how to save/transfer display settings

I just got a laptop with HD display (3200x1800). It has taken some time to figure out settings to make this usable for "normal" computer use. Where are these settings so I can back them up and transfer them to other users?

:)

ruggb, Dec 16, 2016
  2. Martmcd Win User

Display settings not saving

are you talking about the desktop icons?

if every thing else is ok click on the desktop

Hold the ctrl key and use the mouse wheel to increase the size.

if not check that you have the latest driver for your graphics card.

Martmcd, Dec 16, 2016
  3. Display settings not saving

Yes, it worked for the icons. Thank you. The traditional way via Control Panel did not save but your way did. Appreciate it.

The other issues with font size I have are probably program specific. Getting closer.

DG

DavidGrayGigem, Dec 16, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

They are in the GPU driver and it's control panel. Look for .ini files in the driver's/program's folder.

CountMike, Dec 17, 2016
  5. ruggb Win User
    It is an Intel 5500 integrated graphics and I can't find anything for it. Most of the settings seem to be implemented in the OS (W10).

ruggb, Dec 17, 2016
  6. Helmut Win User
    "It is an Intel 5500 integrated graphics and I can't find anything for it"
    HD Graphics Control Panel > Profiles > at the bottom Export/Import.
    For Syncing Windows Settings > Accounts > Sync your Settings. That may do more than you want.

I doubt if you need to do this, surely it's easy enough to go to the same settings screens in another machine and do the Settings.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to save/transfer display settings - Similar Threads - save transfer display

2. Unable to save my settings preferences display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save my settings preferences display: Hi,This is my first post here, so I apologize in advance for any mistake/not providing the necessary information. The problem I'm facing is not a problem per se, it`s more the inconvenience of having to change the display settings every time I turn my laptop on. Apparently,...
  3. There should be an option to save extended display settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There should be an option to save extended display settings.: There should be an option to save extended display settings. So, that once a user disconnects his laptop and connect it back, then all screens should show pages which was shared before disconnection. User should not spend time and effort on re-arranging his tasks across the...
  4. There should be an option to save extended display settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There should be an option to save extended display settings.: There should be an option to save extended display settings. So, that once a user disconnects his laptop and connect it back, then all screens should show pages which was shared before disconnection. User should not spend time and effort on re-arranging his tasks across the...
  5. saving multiple scenarios of screen display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    saving multiple scenarios of screen display settings: Because my laptop screen and external monitor are different resolutions which is a nightmare that Dell didn't warn me about, I need to have three different display settings scenarios: one for when I have the external monitor connected, one for when I only have the laptop...
  6. Saving monitor/tv display settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saving monitor/tv display settings?: I'm looking to save my display settings for my monitors/tv whenever I switch between them or have a hotkey or program to change between the two settings. When I use my computer I have 2 monitors I dual screen to but when I switch to my TV I'd like to have a quick way to...
  7. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

Display settings not saving with multiple monitors: Hi, I have 3 monitors 1. 144hz 1080p monitor my main display 2. 1080p monitor 3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native....
  8. Saving Display Settings

Saving Display Settings: How do I save Display Settings? My Display Resolution was 1024-768 and now it is 1600-900 but every time I restart it, It goes back to 1024-768 and I have to go to the control panel, device manager and update my display adapter again....
  9. Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors: All, Didn't really see a copy for this question in the forums when I searched, but if I missed it my apologies. Okay my issue: I have a Surface Book 2 that I frequently will pair with my monitor through the use of a Microsoft Surface Dock. My issue is that I will go to...
  10. How to save a multiple displays settings?

How to save a multiple displays settings?: Hi. I have a new desktop PC with Windows 10 OS, which has integrated intel GPU (i series CPU) and two video output ports (VGA and HDMI) and latest drivers. I've connected VGA port to a display and HDMI port to projector. I need both of them to display the same picture, so i...