Windows 10: How to secure your router and home network

Discus and support How to secure your router and home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Many computer users don't realize it, but for most people their internet router is the most important electronic device in their home. It links most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Borg 386, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

How to secure your router and home network

How to secure your router and home network | PCWorld

:)

Borg 386, Jul 13, 2016
  2. SarahKong Win User

Unauthorized devices on home network

This is more for settings that need to be done to your ISP modem.

Windows out of the box does not have those types of features.

Below is a link with how to make your network more secure.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/configure-router-...

SarahKong, Jul 13, 2016
  3. pdab Win User
    NOKIA C6 wifi code or key

@HLVSasori14

I assume you want to get connected to your home wift/ wlan router. Setting up WLAN in C6 is similar to using a laptop on wifi. If you want to get connected to public wifi network or to an available wifi network, then the service provider should provide
    you with the key.

If you want to setup your home wifi router, you need to check for the network key under the Wireless-Security section in your home wifi router.

Login as "admin" to your router, normally configured at
    http://192.168.1.1
    ; go to the Wireless-Security section...

SSID : <Name of your wifi router/ network>

Network authentication: open

WEP encryption: enabled

encryption strength: 64

current network key: 1

Network key 1: <wifi network key>

The wifi network key has to be entered when your Nokia C6 asks for it (normally you have to give it during the first time setup of wireless in C6).

Hope this helps!

Thema:

How to secure your router and home network

1. How to secure your router and home network - Similar Threads - secure router home

2. Home Internet Network Security Type

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Home Internet Network Security Type: How do I tell which type of encryption/security e.g. WPA an internet network has when I am NOT connected to this network? Trying to troubleshoot connection problem so obviously I can't connect to this network in question, yet instructions say to find out the security type...
  3. New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access): I just bought a new/replacement modem-router this past week (Netgear N600 - C3700), and love it. I decided to also set up a private home network between my two desktop computers. I've always wanted to do this with my previous router, but just never did. I also connected an...
  4. Securing WIFI router

Securing WIFI router: My wifi router is not secure from others using. How do I secure my WIFI router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securing-wifi-router/5b669316-84a4-40c5-bcc6-804a63619872
  5. How to secure your home network?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to secure your home network?: Data breaches are becoming quite common. Only recently, 100 million Americans and 6 million Canadians were affected as Capital One came under attack and there have been worse data breaches than this. You might remember the time when the headlines only talked about Yahoo data...
  6. How to Find Your Router Login and Password

How to Find Your Router Login and Password: Every so often one needs to log into their router to rename it or maybe even make some tweaks to the settings. It's easy enough to with little risk even for novice users. If this is your first time logging into your router, you'll need the default login and password then...
  7. WiFi/Router Security

WiFi/Router Security: Hello everybody! I have a concern that someone is accessing my wifi without my permission. I haven't given anyone my password and I keep seeing a hotspot connection that is linked to my wifi. This troubles me because I have checked all my wifi capable devices and none of them...
  8. Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network: My setup is ASUS Router for Home with 4 computers. Not sure when this happened but since using Windows 10 Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.253) I Can connect to the ASUS router main menu by Name in Edge, but not using its IP address of 192.168.50.1. Also now clicking on My HP Laser...
  9. Networking, router or?

Networking, router or?: Hello, my issue is, I wish to connect my 3 laptops together for shared networking. Windows7, 10 &10. I can connect 2 together via ethernet cable but since my internet access is a private network AirCard (wifi), I don't have a physical router. I am wondering what I need in...
  10. Check your Router !!! this is unbelieveable bad security

Check your Router !!! this is unbelieveable bad security: Hi there I couldn't believe this -- I'm switching my wireless connections completely from 2.4GZ to 5GHZ wireless (cable just upgraded to a nice optical fibre @ 200 Mb/s !! season 1 game of thrones approx 40 GB download at full 1080p with eng subtitles in around 65 mins...