Windows 10: How To Select The 'Details' Tab Initially In Task Manager

Discus and support How To Select The 'Details' Tab Initially In Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, so the topic title is pretty much self explanatory. When I open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), it opens to the Processes tab initially. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Sep 23, 2016.

1. pepanee Win User

How To Select The 'Details' Tab Initially In Task Manager

Hello, so the topic title is pretty much self explanatory. When I open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), it opens to the Processes tab initially. The thing is that I don't use this tab at all; I click on the Details tab, since I'm more familiar with that. I would like to automatically open the Details tab every time I open the Task Manager. How can I do that? Also, rearranging those tabs would be perfect, if possible!

Thanks

:)

pepanee, Sep 23, 2016

2. OneDrive Issues

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Click the Details tab

Select OneDrive

Click End task

Exit Task Manager

Restart your computer

Launch OneDrive again then try signing in.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 23, 2016
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Start

The list of Boot Startup programs is in Task Manager, Startup tab. You can disable/enable startup items that load during boot there. Open Task Mgr and select More Details to see the tabs.

mlg63, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

I know that taskmgr /0 /startup in a Run box or as a shortcut will open Task Manager to Startup tab, maybe there's an iteration of that for the Details tab but I haven't found it! *Sad

Edwin, Sep 24, 2016
  5. pepanee Win User
    Okay thanks for that reply.

I want to keep it simple though. I don't want some command that diverts away from pressing CTRL+Shift+ESC for the Task Manager; Whenever I press CTRL+Shift+ESC, I want to see the Details tab initially.

pepanee, Sep 24, 2016
  6. You should use a better task manager, not only it opens as you want, but you can customize it as much as you want.

Process Hacker or Process Explorer

TairikuOkami, Sep 24, 2016
  7. pepanee Win User
    Cool, I'll keep those in mind. I've tried them both, but this would take a lot of time to try to adjust to. They're more in depth which is nice. I'll keep messing around with Process Hacker (I have it to start up instead of Task Manager with CTRL+Shift+ESC). I'll try it for the next few weeks or whatnot, but still, if anyone knows how to set the Details tab to show first, please tell me about it! =)

pepanee, Sep 24, 2016
  8. JTB3 Win User

The Windows Task Manager 'Details' Tab can be initially opened automatically, and easily, with this simple AutoHotkey script that I wrote (.ahk code + compiled executable files attached).
    Note that this ahk script/exe must be 'Run as Administrator'
    Code: Run Taskmgr.exe WinWait ahk_class TaskManagerWindow ControlClick SysTabControl321, ahk_class TaskManagerWindow[/quote] Task Manager (Details).zip
    Enjoy! -JT *Wink

9. pepanee Win User
    Hi thanks for the reply. I noticed I got a notification from the Eight forums too with your message. I appreciate that you took the effort in writing that file.

As a matter of fact though, over time, I got used to just manually clicking on the Details tab. But also one thing is that I want to have the Details tab open up after I press Control+Shift+Esc

pepanee, Aug 13, 2017
  10. Tried it ... but it doesn't work for me.

margrave55, Aug 13, 2017
  11. JTB3 Win User
    Humm... I forgot to mention that above script was tested only on Windows 10 Creators Update, and Anniversary Update, 64-bit... (and must be run as admin...) You would have to recompile the script to run on 32-bit Windows 10. Also, I noticed on my slower laptop computer, I needed to add an extra line of code 'Sleep 100' after the WinWait command (to compensate for a slight delay in drawing the window) *Smile Hope this helps! -JT

Thema:

1. How To Select The 'Details' Tab Initially In Task Manager - Similar Threads - Select 'Details' Tab

2. Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab: Hi, I'm terming this the same as this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-keeps-crashing-after-right-clicking/41d541e5-4e6c-4007-9787-8ef8e6beb971because I'm having the same issue, however I noticed in his screenshot it listed the faulting...
  3. Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab: Hi, I'm terming this the same as this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-keeps-crashing-after-right-clicking/41d541e5-4e6c-4007-9787-8ef8e6beb971because I'm having the same issue, however I noticed in his screenshot it listed the faulting...
  4. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  5. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  6. Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!: Hello guys, I have been having this strange problem lately. When I open task manager and move to "details" tab, the manager crashes. I have tried running it safe mode. Didn't work. Antivirus didn't help either. Those are the some things I have tried to fix it. I have read...
  7. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning: I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the task manager and click 'Details', the task manager stops for a short whilewith no display and then crashes. In fact it also acts...
  8. How do i delete a program from the "initialize" tab on task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i delete a program from the "initialize" tab on task manager?: I've downloaded xpadder a few weeks ago and uninstalled, there is no trace of the program on my computer anymore, not even in the hidden folders/items but xpadder keep showing at the "initialize" tab on task manager. How do i delete it from there? submitted by /u/kaslundak...
  9. Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab: Hi guys, I have a very weird problem with Windows 10. I use the task manager a lot, and with Windows 10, I have this problem that at some unknown point, when I run task manager, it's begin displayed in a weird way, only displaying the "Details" tab. I don't know what's...
  10. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - task manager - details tab: hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need. 58238