Windows 10: How to selectively share files via network on different PCs in v1803?

Discus and support How to selectively share files via network on different PCs in v1803? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, After upgrading to 1803 on all my computers, I can't seem to figure out a way to share files selectively between the PCs. We were using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kabigon, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Kabigon Win User

How to selectively share files via network on different PCs in v1803?

Hi all,

After upgrading to 1803 on all my computers, I can't seem to figure out a way to share files selectively between the PCs. We were using HomeGroup to contain the files to specific PCs, thus, requiring a "password."

However, we haven't found a real solution to selectively share. All the solutions points to sharing the files to "Everyone" on the network. If I try that method, I can share files easily. However, for security reasons, I want to restrict access to certain PCs on my network and not just simply anyone that uses our LAN.

The way we're set up now is one PC is hosting the files and trying to share it with a few other multiple PCs. Is there a way we can "give access" to certain PCs on out network? We've tried every method but it seems to be not working.

:)

Kabigon, Jun 1, 2018
  2. IanN88 Win User

How Do I Share Folders Among All the Network PCs in Win 10 v1803

I set up my PCs in a home network so they could "see" one another in order to share files. With the v1803 update, my network is broken!

IanN88, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

How to selectively share files via network on different PCs in v1803?

1. How to selectively share files via network on different PCs in v1803? - Similar Threads - selectively share files

2. Sharing files/folders between PCs running Windows 10 and Windows 11 via a WiFi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing files/folders between PCs running Windows 10 and Windows 11 via a WiFi network: My dad has two PCs, one running the latest version of Windows 10 and another running the latest version of Windows 11.He went into the settings on both PCs and made sure all the Network Discovery settings for a Private Network were on, as well as Network Sharing, and he also...
  3. Sharing files/folders between PCs running Windows 10 and Windows 11 via a WiFi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing files/folders between PCs running Windows 10 and Windows 11 via a WiFi network: My dad has two PCs, one running the latest version of Windows 10 and another running the latest version of Windows 11.He went into the settings on both PCs and made sure all the Network Discovery settings for a Private Network were on, as well as Network Sharing, and he also...
  4. Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs: Hi, I want to share a folder from my Computer (PC0) with two other Computers (PC1, PC2) only in my home network. But I don't want other Computers (for example PC3) on the network to be able to access it. (I don't mind if they can see it). Is this possible? I already know...
  5. Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network: I have an unusual situation as I only have mobile hotspot at the moment, I have 2 PCs which are on a network router, but only one has a wifi dongle to connect to the mobile hotspot. Is that anyway I can share the internet with the other PC on the network through the one...
  6. Sharing PCs on a network

Sharing PCs on a network: I have 2 Windows 10 PCs on the same network. I have shared both, can see both, but when I try to access the other it tells me I am not authorized to access. What has changed?...
  7. Share files on two PCs

Share files on two PCs: I have two laptops, both with current win10 as of 1/30/19, both access internet via same home Wi-Fi. How do I, over said Wi-Fi: 1. Reset them both to default network settings, then 2. Allow laptop A to open a file on laptop B? I just want laptop A to go to file manager,...
  8. Help On File sharing via my computer network

Help On File sharing via my computer network: Please help. My old computer (windows 10) is failing so I bought a new and more powerful computer. I am to the point where I am trying to establish file sharing. With my old computers, I simply set all the file sharing setting the same on both computers and I can share files...
  9. Network File Sharing Betw PCs Running W10

Network File Sharing Betw PCs Running W10: nuc and desktop both are running W10 Home. i have following the instructions setting up in [network & sharing centre] > 'turn on network discovery' + 'turn on file and printer sharing'. Followed the instructions 'give access to' > 'advanced settings' > [sharing] tab >...
  10. Network File Sharing - Different Users

Network File Sharing - Different Users: I'm trying to understand the latest W10 ver. 1803 network file sharing, like I've been trying to do with all other Windows versions since Windows began. I think I've boiled it down to a simple question: There are two networked computers named "BLUE" and "YELLOW". Blue has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to share files via network on 1803