Windows 10: How to send Windows messages to an external system?

Discus and support How to send Windows messages to an external system? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows messages are send to the system log and can be read with the event viewer. Is it possible to configure Windows on such a way that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eager2learn, May 14, 2018.

1. How to send Windows messages to an external system?

In Windows messages are send to the system log and can be read with the
    event viewer.
    Is it possible to configure Windows on such a way that the message are
    send to an external system with a log system like graylog Graylog | Open Source Log Management

:)

eager2learn, May 14, 2018
  2. GuruJosh Win User

Sending SMS text messages

I want to send a plain text message using Windows Mobile 5 to one of my contacts by selecting the person from my contacts list then selecting the send text message option. Doing this puts the contacts name and phone number in the To field of the message
    and when I try to send the message it asks me which phone number to use. I select the mobile number from the list, click select, and then get the error "The text message account cannot be used to send email messages". If I manually enter the contacts mobile
    number in the To field, the message will send succesfully.

My question is, how do I get the mobile number only to appear in the To box instead of both Contact name and Mobile number when selecting a contact and selecting Send Text Message?

GuruJosh, May 16, 2018
  3. StanYau Win User
    Messaging App not sending texts?

Wait...

So, just to be clear?

• Windows 10 phones sync both Skype and SMS messages in Messaging app.
    • Windows 10 phones can send and receive Skype and SMS messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PC syncs only Skype messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PCs can send Skype messages in Messaging, but can only send SMS via Cortana?

Is that right, or have I missed something? That makes Messaging on PC kinda pointless, as, well, why wouldn't you just keep using the Skype desktop application? How to send Windows messages to an external system? :p

StanYau, May 16, 2018
Thema:

How to send Windows messages to an external system?

1. How to send Windows messages to an external system? - Similar Threads - send messages external

2. Windows Pro message command sending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro message command sending: If a Windows Pro computer uses the console to send a message to all Windows computers on the network, will it send to all Windows computers or only those with Pro versions of Windows OS...
  3. Windows Pro message command sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro message command sending: If a Windows Pro computer uses the console to send a message to all Windows computers on the network, will it send to all Windows computers or only those with Pro versions of Windows OS...
  4. Error sending End of post message to ME, System HALT

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error sending End of post message to ME, System HALT: Hi. My notebook won't "start", it gets hot, and after long minutes this error message appears. Is there anything I can do on the system to fix it?...
  5. Send message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send message: Hi, can windows 10 pro send message like in windows XP using net send? I read from the forum that we can send message using command prompt msg * /server:servername "text". But when i try that there's error "5 error getting names" i already change...
  6. Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.

Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.: Outlook is not receiving or sending messages. I have tried reinstall etc. but no success. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-is-not-receiving-or-sending-messages/4a430084-9960-4310-bc97-f981fac4e19c
  7. Skype messages not sending

in Windows 10 News
    Skype messages not sending: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You may have faced an issue where you find that Skype is not sending messages. This issue is common with Skype for home users, and the most probable cause has been having low or no internet connectivity. But if you [...] This post Skype messages not sending...
  8. draft message when i'm sending messages

draft message when i'm sending messages: how could i fix the problem i'm having when i send messages back to anybody and it says draft on the message board and my message don't go thru thanks...
  9. How to send special message to remote computer?

How to send special message to remote computer?: Hello, I want to send a message to remote computer but I want this message look like shutdown message: [img] Can i do it? How? I know how to do it with the standard msg on command line but that doesn't satisfies me Please help... 129696
  10. Cortana Not Sending Text Messages

Cortana Not Sending Text Messages: Hi, I have the FCU installed and I have an iPhone with the latest iOS. I've gone through tutorials here and elsewhere and even though my iPhone was successfully setup, when I try to send a text message, all I get is that "I'll send that using your phone. It may take a...