Windows 10: How to separate similar applications in the taskbar?

Discus and support How to separate similar applications in the taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The taskbar always attaches similar applications, placing them next to each other, and moving one always moves the other as well: [img] ⇓... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by omega09, May 22, 2017.

1. omega09 Win User

How to separate similar applications in the taskbar?

The taskbar always attaches similar applications, placing them next to each other, and moving one always moves the other as well:

How to separate similar applications in the taskbar? [​IMG]

Can I get rid of this behavior and make each application move by its own?

Apologies if this was asked, I searched and couldn't find anything here.

:)

omega09, May 22, 2017
  2. pelap Win User
    pelap, May 22, 2017
  3. drewhy Win User
    Any applications similar to Conversation, for threaded SMS messages?

I was wondering if any of you knew any applications similar to Conversation by Nokia for threaded SMS messages.

I'm looking for something that actually shows you the conversation altogether, similar to that of iPhone.

drewhy, May 22, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @omega09, welcome to tenforums! *Smile

I don't think you can disable that behavior.
    The only thing I can suggest is maybe moving one of the instances to another 'virtual desktop'.

Edwin, May 22, 2017
  5. omega09 Win User
    @Edwin, thanks for the reply. I'm already aware of multi-desktop and am using it, but in some of the desktops I have these "sister" applications joined.

Is there a tool that can tweak this maybe?

omega09, May 22, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to separate similar applications in the taskbar? - Similar Threads - separate similar applications

2. need separate taskbar and system tray at separate position.

in Windows 10 Customization
    need separate taskbar and system tray at separate position.: I use win10. I want to place the system tray at the right-top corneralmost like mac finder but the taskbar at the bottom. and need separate hiding option; such that, need system tray always shown but task bar hidden. How I can do this?...
  3. need separate taskbar and system tray at separate position.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need separate taskbar and system tray at separate position.: I use win10. I want to place the system tray at the right-top corneralmost like mac finder but the taskbar at the bottom. and need separate hiding option; such that, need system tray always shown but ask bar hidden. How I can do this?...
  4. need separate taskbar and system tray at separate position.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need separate taskbar and system tray at separate position.: I use win10. I want to place the system tray at the right-top corneralmost like mac finder but the taskbar at the bottom. and need separate hiding option; such that, need system tray always shown but ask bar hidden. How I can do this?...
  5. How to create an additional toolbar separate from main taskbar ?

How to create an additional toolbar separate from main taskbar ?: I want a separate tool bar/quick-launch bar that I can lock to either the top or side of my desktop, just like you could in older versions of Windows. Did Windows 10 really add so much useless **** and leave out this awesome functionality ?...
  6. Separate my receiver for different applications

Separate my receiver for different applications: Setting my newly build gaming pc for streaming and there are multiple monitors to use with seperate sound input. For the streaming convenience I want to differentiate my microphone for discord and system audio device I prefer using an advance microphone for the discord is...
  7. Separate Taskbar Icon from Running Window on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate Taskbar Icon from Running Window on Taskbar?: Hi all, Believe it or not, I just upgraded from Windows 7. I'm liking Windows 10 so far as a whole but there's one thing that bugs me: previously I was able to have a bunch of taskbar icons/shortcuts and when I'd click on them, it would open a new window. The running window...
  8. Sticky Notes separated on Taskbar

Sticky Notes separated on Taskbar: I just installed the new May 2019 update and it seems that Sticky Notes now are separated on the taskbar if you have multiple open which I am not a fan of. Is there a way to make them all grouped back together in one tab? If not, can we make that available for a future...
  9. How do I separate tabs in the Taskbar

How do I separate tabs in the Taskbar: I want to separately move the tabs (of the same application) in the taskbar. I have 2 Skype Windows open. If I want to move either of them to another position inside the taskbar, both are moved, as if they are glued together. Can I do some changes like edit the group policy...
  10. Applications to taskbar

Applications to taskbar: How do I move a application that's on my taskbar to my desktop? For example, I have Netflix on my taskbar and i'd like to move it to my desktop. Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different version of same application separate on taskbar

2. seperate like windows

3. seperate apps on taskbar

4. seperate applications on taskbar,
  5. how to separate like windows in the task bar