Windows 10: How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

Discus and support How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to set a custom active title bar color via the Registry? This works for the inactive title bar color: Code: reg add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018.

1. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

Is it possible to set a custom active title bar color via the Registry?

This works for the inactive title bar color:
    Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "AccentColorInactive" /t REG_DWORD /d "your color here" /f[/quote]

:)

lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018

2. Explorer title bar text color too bright grey

To change the title bar colors in Windows 10, you can use the built-in colors by changing the High Contrast Settings without editing the registry.

Here are the steps:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, and then click High contrast.
    • Choose a theme. You can also change the colors for the Text, Hyperlinks, Disabled Text, Selected Text, Button Text and Background on this option.
    • Click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Aug 10, 2018
  3. ddinc Win User
    Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?

I am looking for the opposite *Smile

is it possible to change the black text color ?

I have played with some registry color settings without success.

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? [​IMG]

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? [​IMG]

ddinc, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Easy301 Win User

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

Title bar colors all of a sudden started appearing? Can't remove. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? :(

HI!

Unfortunately selecting that option turns off the color for the taskbar as well. While this removes the title bar color and sets it back to white it also removes the color for the taskbar.

I don't know why, or even how, but I've always had a custom task bar color of blue with no colored title bars. The issue of the title bars appearing as my custom color only just started this morning with no changes to personalization or colors made. The only way I found to keep the colors on my taskbar only while bringing my title bar colors back to white was the registry edit above.

Thanks!

Easy301, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

1. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? - Similar Threads - set custom active

2. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  3. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  4. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  5. How to get color on document title bars?

How to get color on document title bars?: I do get color on windows but not on individual Word documents. There must be a simple fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-color-on-document-title-bars/676368ff-70e3-4d1b-a37e-dee68a88a7d4
  6. Accent color bug in 1809 and how to set title bar color manually

Accent color bug in 1809 and how to set title bar color manually: I made a related thread about this earlier asking about how to set the title bar color in the registry manually. I decided to make another thread on this to better describe the issue and also to give it a better thread title since I believe what I'm really asking is how to...
  7. Control title bar color via registry

Control title bar color via registry: Hi. Is there a way to control the title bar color via the registry? I want to set a certain color for title bars (of windows, the browser) only. Thanks. 123672
  8. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  9. How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode

How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode: How to change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color in Windows 10 when under the contrast mode ? 101339
  10. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...