How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

Discus and support How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to set a custom active title bar color via the Registry? This works for the inactive title bar color: Code: reg add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:22 AM.

1. lolnothankyou Win User

Is it possible to set a custom active title bar color via the Registry?

This works for the inactive title bar color:
    Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "AccentColorInactive" /t REG_DWORD /d "your color here" /f[/quote]

:)

lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:22 AM
  2. Loraine Mon Win User

Explorer title bar text color too bright grey

To change the title bar colors in Windows 10, you can use the built-in colors by changing the High Contrast Settings without editing the registry.

Here are the steps:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, and then click High contrast.
    • Choose a theme. You can also change the colors for the Text, Hyperlinks, Disabled Text, Selected Text, Button Text and Background on this option.
    • Click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

3. ddinc Win User
    Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?

I am looking for the opposite *Smile

is it possible to change the black text color ?

I have played with some registry color settings without success.

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? [​IMG]

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? [​IMG]

4. Easy301 Win User

Title bar colors all of a sudden started appearing? Can't remove. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? :(

HI!

Unfortunately selecting that option turns off the color for the taskbar as well. While this removes the title bar color and sets it back to white it also removes the color for the taskbar.

I don't know why, or even how, but I've always had a custom task bar color of blue with no colored title bars. The issue of the title bars appearing as my custom color only just started this morning with no changes to personalization or colors made. The only way I found to keep the colors on my taskbar only while bringing my title bar colors back to white was the registry edit above.

Thanks!

Thema:

1. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? - Similar Threads - set custom active

2. How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ): TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the previous version of the note pad? full story: I reset my windows. after that, I get a problem where my notepad files that...
  3. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper...
  4. cant open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant open settings: cant open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-open-settings/998f170f-1086-48ea-955e-200d89fd2e24
  5. Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?: It looks like I am going to need to reset my desktop PC to it's original factory settings, due to a serious infection, which I cannot resolve by any other means. The PC came with Windows 8 installed, and I got the free upgrade to Windows 10 in the usual way. As the system...
  6. How to display on three screens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display on three screens?: I am working off a lap top on a dock with two other screens. When I go to display setting it only recognizes 2 screens . How do I get it to "see" my three screens so I can display on all of them?...
  7. How can I get all the drivers on a newly windows 10 laptop/pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get all the drivers on a newly windows 10 laptop/pc: Hey , I just want to know , how can i get all needed drivers for any new windows 10 machine. I know that windows will try to install them , on all new machines, but it will not install the perfect drivers and it will also not install all the drivers ( I think ). I know that...
  8. Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...: Dear Sir/Madam. The < video titles > do not appear in < Library of windows media player > in windows 10. Pro. The letters show that < update completed > whenever Library opened, and < there are no titles in video library >. I have already completed < Organization ->...
  9. How to set a service to a specific logon account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to set a service to a specific logon account?: Microsoft update service starts automatically. So I wanna set the service to a specific account. Windows version: 1709, build: 16299.547....
  10. Antimalware crreating too much read/write i/o activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware crreating too much read/write i/o activity: At times my disk use goes up to 100% because of the antimalware that comes with Windows Defender. I believe it conflicts with an application that I use. Also is there still chkdsk ? Thanks...