Windows 10: How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

Discus and support How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to set a custom active title bar color via the Registry? This works for the inactive title bar color: Code: reg add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018.

1. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

Is it possible to set a custom active title bar color via the Registry?

This works for the inactive title bar color:
    Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v "AccentColorInactive" /t REG_DWORD /d "your color here" /f[/quote]

:)

lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018

2. Explorer title bar text color too bright grey

To change the title bar colors in Windows 10, you can use the built-in colors by changing the High Contrast Settings without editing the registry.

Here are the steps:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, and then click High contrast.
    • Choose a theme. You can also change the colors for the Text, Hyperlinks, Disabled Text, Selected Text, Button Text and Background on this option.
    • Click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Aug 10, 2018
  3. ddinc Win User
    Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?

I am looking for the opposite *Smile

is it possible to change the black text color ?

I have played with some registry color settings without success.

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? [​IMG]

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? [​IMG]

ddinc, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Easy301 Win User

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

Title bar colors all of a sudden started appearing? Can't remove. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? :(

HI!

Unfortunately selecting that option turns off the color for the taskbar as well. While this removes the title bar color and sets it back to white it also removes the color for the taskbar.

I don't know why, or even how, but I've always had a custom task bar color of blue with no colored title bars. The issue of the title bars appearing as my custom color only just started this morning with no changes to personalization or colors made. The only way I found to keep the colors on my taskbar only while bringing my title bar colors back to white was the registry edit above.

Thanks!

Easy301, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry?

1. How to set a custom active title bar color via Registry? - Similar Threads - set custom active

2. Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast: I have High Contrast enabled in Win10. The active title bar and borders are purple while the inactive title bar and border is dark blue. Can this be changed? 115988
  3. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  4. Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink)

Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink): Hey, so with help from Edwin on how he made his custom dark theme for his Windows 10 layout, which he gave me tips in this post here: Windows 10 build 10162 Released - Page 25 - Windows 10 Forums I decided to play around with the code he posted and I made a theme code...
  5. Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?

Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?: Today, Windows 10 Home version 1511, 10586 was forced on me and now my title bar text is an ugly white. It used to be black and I have no clue how to get it back that way. I searched and found this tutorial that tells you to modify a value in the registry, but that didn't do...
  6. How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode

How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode: How to change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color in Windows 10 when under the contrast mode ? 101339
  7. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...
  8. Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately

Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately: Hi, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 for a second time. The first installation was in 2015 to a backup laptop when they were first promoting it and I hated it so much that I never installed it on my main computer. However, for memory reasons, I've just upgraded to 10 on my...
  9. How to get colored title bars in background windows?

How to get colored title bars in background windows?: With the new Windows 10 November update it is now possible to change the color of the window title bar. But sadly this only works for the window that is in front and the background windows are still all white. I often click on the wrong spot when i want to move a window in...
  10. Strange Office 2010 Title Bar Colors

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Strange Office 2010 Title Bar Colors: I recently installed a copy of Office 2010 Pro onto my Windows 10 laptop. When I open any of the apps, the title bar appears to have one color superimposed on top of a lighter color except where there is text. It only happens with Office 2010 apps, all other apps are OK. See...