Windows 10: How To Set A Default Keyboard?

Discus and support How To Set A Default Keyboard? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; During windows 10 installation, I had installed a UK as well as a US keyboard. Whenever my computer goes in sleep mode or is restarted, it switches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by love2learn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. How To Set A Default Keyboard?

During windows 10 installation, I had installed a UK as well as a US keyboard. Whenever my computer goes in sleep mode or is restarted, it switches automatically to the UK keyboard. I know the shortcut to changing it is windows key + spacebar. But it's still inconvenient as I use @ and " keys quite often and these always get switched around. Is there a way to ensure the US keyboard is the default the way the UK keyboard is right now? It's seldom that I use the UK keyboard.

I've tried to search for the answer but haven't found anything as yet. Hope someone can help.

:)

love2learn, Jun 19, 2016
  2. hcjenkins Win User

How to set a default internet homepage

This was posted about a year and a half ago. (12/6/2012) Has there been any progress at getting a homepage on mobile browser? July 29, 2014

hcjenkins, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    How to set a default download folder.

Hi,

Setting up a default download folder will depend on what application are you using. For example, you are using Internet Explorer, you can change the default download folder by pressing
    Ctrl + J on your keyboard to pull-up View Downloads window. You can click
    Options to modify and select a new default download location by clicking
    Browse and select a folder you want then click OK. In this case, we suggest that you recreate the download folder to avoid getting an error. Configure first your default download folder for you to delete the existing folder.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Jun 19, 2016
  4. How To Set A Default Keyboard?

Ah, I did it I believe.

Went to language settings. I have the UK language pack installed. Clicked on options. Below there are keyboards. UK QWERTY was the first in the list and US QWERTY was second. I clicked on UK and chose remove. Then chose "add a keyboard" and added UK QWERTY again and it is now below US QWERTY.

Switched to UK keyboard to test if this worked. Put my laptop on sleep for 15 secs. Upon wake up US was default.

Will update if this sticks after a restart. But hopefully it should. Meantime I hope this helps anyone else who has the same problem.

love2learn, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

How To Set A Default Keyboard?

1. How To Set A Default Keyboard? - Similar Threads - Set Default Keyboard

2. How can I set the default keyboard to use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the default keyboard to use.: I have ENG/ES and ENG/UK keyboards and I want to set to default the ENG/ES one.How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-set-the-default-keyboard-to-use/68a69b58-ddd0-4864-9e38-ed21a16b4e20
  3. How can I set the default keyboard to use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set the default keyboard to use.: I have ENG/ES and ENG/UK keyboards and I want to set to default the ENG/ES one.How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-set-the-default-keyboard-to-use/68a69b58-ddd0-4864-9e38-ed21a16b4e20
  4. How to set the default keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set the default keyboard layout?: HiI'm facing this issue with Windows 11 only, because there is no priority option for the keyboard layout.I have installed 3 languages on my laptop, English, Arabic, and German, but I couldn't set the default keyboard layout. The keyboard language is changing automatically, I...
  5. How to set the default keyboard layout?

How to set the default keyboard layout?: HiI'm facing this issue with Windows 11 only, because there is no priority option for the keyboard layout.I have installed 3 languages on my laptop, English, Arabic, and German, but I couldn't set the default keyboard layout. The keyboard language is changing automatically, I...
  6. How to fix default keyboard setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix default keyboard setting?: Situation: I use several different keyboard layouts – among them in first position a special swiss german layout enhanced with MSKLC; in second position an older version of it; in third position the standard swiss german, in fourth position swiss french, ... , in eleventh...
  7. How to fix default keyboard setting?

How to fix default keyboard setting?: Situation: I use several different keyboard layouts – among them in first position a special swiss german layout enhanced with MSKLC; in second position an older version of it; in third position the standard swiss german, in fourth position swiss french, ... , in eleventh...
  8. Default keyboard backlight setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default keyboard backlight setting: I have a Huawei Matebook 14D with Windows 11 home.The backlight setting via the F3 button has three grades when you press it, 1 - off, 2 -light on, 3 - light onslightly stronger. I would have expected that if I set it to the 3rd one and then restart the laptop, the selected...
  9. Default keyboard backlight setting

Default keyboard backlight setting: I have a Huawei Matebook 14D with Windows 11 home.The backlight setting via the F3 button has three grades when you press it, 1 - off, 2 -light on, 3 - light onslightly stronger. I would have expected that if I set it to the 3rd one and then restart the laptop, the selected...
  10. how to restore default keyboard settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to restore default keyboard settings?: My keyboard entry has slowedown ad canno makenries nomaly , note thetpngefectsi tis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-default-keyboard-settings/b4f6f054-791a-4292-8f87-6219615ba382