Windows 10: How To Set A Password Hint For The Windows Built-In Guest Account?

Discus and support How To Set A Password Hint For The Windows Built-In Guest Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have on my system a guest account that guests can use to work on my computer. To sign in a user must enter a username and password. I have set the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by it director, Nov 8, 2015.

1. How To Set A Password Hint For The Windows Built-In Guest Account?

I have on my system a guest account that guests can use to work on my computer. To sign in a user must enter a username and password. I have set the Windows built-in guest account password to guest. If the user enters the wrong password I want a password hint to inform them of the correct password.

:)

it director, Nov 8, 2015

2. How to set password hint on sign up?

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to place a password hint for Windows 10 sign in. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are able to sign in to the account presently. Which account are you using to sign in to the computer? Is it a local account or Microsoft account?

If you are able to sign in to the account, I suggest you to refer to the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    (If the account is local account with Administrator privileges)

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click Change account type underUser Accounts.
    • Click on the user account you would like to create a password hint.
    • Create or change password hint for the user.
    If your current user has already been password protected, you will see a
    Change the password link on the left-side pane. Click the link. On the next pane type your current password, a new password, and a password hint, and then click
    Change password button.

If you are using Microsoft account and if you forget the password:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 8, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    Forgot my Administrator Password

Hi Manish,

Windows automatically ask for password hint whenever you add or set up a new local account. Do you remember getting a hint after several failed attempts to log in your account? If you didn't set up a hint, enable the built-in administrator account on your
    device. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type lusrmgr.msc then press Enter.

• Click Users > Double-click Administrator > Uncheck Account
      is disabled
      box under General tab.

• Click Apply and OK.

Restart your device then sign in as Administrator. It shouldn't have a password. Then go to Control Panel to disable the password for your locked account. After that, follow the steps above to hide the built-in administrator. Sign in your locked account
    and set up its password and please set up a password hint as well.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

How To Set A Password Hint For The Windows Built-In Guest Account?

1. How To Set A Password Hint For The Windows Built-In Guest Account? - Similar Threads - Set Password Hint

2. Password Hint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Hint: I cant create a password hint. I have looked into every microsoft / windows questionaire but everytime it doesnt let me. Why is that? I have tried everyday for the past week to find a solution, but nothing seems to work. It never shows me the option to make a password hint,...
  3. Password Hint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Hint: I cant create a password hint. I have looked into every microsoft / windows questionaire but everytime it doesnt let me. Why is that? I have tried everyday for the past week to find a solution, but nothing seems to work. It never shows me the option to make a password hint,...
  4. Password hint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password hint: Hello! Would love to impose a password hint so that if a forgotten password can be remembered more easily, search google but the option shown on the internet I don't have. Maybe I have an incomplete version or something isn't set to full, because everywhere I should offer to...
  5. Password hint

Password hint: Hello! Would love to impose a password hint so that if a forgotten password can be remembered more easily, search google but the option shown on the internet I don't have. Maybe I have an incomplete version or something isn't set to full, because everywhere I should offer to...
  6. Standard built-in Windows Guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard built-in Windows Guest account: I do not want any form of user account on my computer windows 10 including the built in guest account. I can delete a guest account if I have added it, but not the built in one. How can I get rid of this? Thanks. D....
  7. Standard built-in Windows Guest account

Standard built-in Windows Guest account: I do not want any form of user account on my computer windows 10 including the built in guest account. I can delete a guest account if I have added it, but not the built in one. How can I get rid of this? Thanks. D....
  8. Standard built-in Windows Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Setting a password hint for Windows 10 with a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a password hint for Windows 10 with a microsoft account: How do I set a password hint for an administrator microsoft account on windows 10? I've tried everything but windows seems to have removed password hints and i want to set one for my computer....
  10. how to set windows 10 guest account without password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to set windows 10 guest account without password: How do you set windows 10 "guest" account to not use a password? Have tried several suggested ways using microsofts usual options but they all seem to require that a password be set up. The guest account is for several people in the organization that do not have emails or a...