Windows 10: How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10

Discus and support How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to set a network printer as the default printer for all users (several thousand) on a particular workstation. Thoughts?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ace_105, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Ace_105 Win User

How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10

I need to set a network printer as the default printer for all users (several thousand) on a particular workstation. Thoughts?

:)

Ace_105, Jul 19, 2018

2. Setting Default Printer via Startup Script

This looks like a good solution, and similar to some of the VB scripts I tried.. but it is a logon script. I would need something that works as a startup script. We are not mapping printers to users as they move around too much, but rather mapping to each computer.

The Link that W1ZZARD posted is good information. Sadly however, I have tried utilizing most of the commands that are available. The /c command is indeed interesting, but we are trying to map them when a computer starts up (prior to logon screen) versus just mapping them remotely. The purpose would be if we had a lab that needed the default printer changed, sure we could just send the remote command to each machine, or even remote into them ourselves and manually do it, but I was looking for a smoother alternative.

It seems like its just something that will have to be done manually and with user education.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.

Wastedslayer, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 19, 2018
  4. How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10

Windows 10 - Cannot Set Printer Default

Hi Marc,

I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot state and then try to make the default printer.

Perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
    Step 3 from the link to start the computer to
    Normal startup mode.

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

To make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager

• Select devices and printers

• Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10

1. How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set Printer Default

2. How to set default Windows display language for all users in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default Windows display language for all users in Windows 11: Hello,I have Windows 11 mutli-session as part of AVD in Azure. I have added the language pack as explained in:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/windows-11-language-packsIs there a command line PowerShell command to set the default Windows display language...
  3. How to set default Windows display language for all users in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default Windows display language for all users in Windows 11: Hello,I have Windows 11 mutli-session as part of AVD in Azure. I have added the language pack as explained in:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/windows-11-language-packsIs there a command line PowerShell command to set the default Windows display language...
  4. Default Printer setting and Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Printer setting and Windows: Hi,When I went to set my printer as default printer it showed me a warning as "Setting this printer as default means Windows will stop managing your default printer"Why did I get that message? Is this something new that Windows managing?Thanks,RoGirl...
  5. Default Printer setting and Windows

Default Printer setting and Windows: Hi,When I went to set my printer as default printer it showed me a warning as "Setting this printer as default means Windows will stop managing your default printer"Why did I get that message? Is this something new that Windows managing?Thanks,RoGirl...
  6. default printer setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    default printer setting: To print a document, I push a print button somewhere; the printer offers a menu of all printers on my network. The top choice is "Save as PDF"; how can I get rid of that option? It has never been a default option...
  7. default printer setting

default printer setting: To print a document, I push a print button somewhere; the printer offers a menu of all printers on my network. The top choice is "Save as PDF"; how can I get rid of that option? It has never been a default option...
  8. How to set the Default Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set the Default Printer in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When using a laptop for both Office and home, we often have to switch printers. Windows 10 doesn’t offer an easy way to switch printer, […] This article How to set the Default Printer in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. setting default for printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting default for printer: How do I set my printer as the default printer for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/setting-default-for-printer/d634e4d2-7ede-4ddd-afad-ca101042a850
  10. Set Default Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Printer in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Printer in Windows 10 [img] Information A default printer is the printer that all print jobs are sent to by default unless otherwise specified. This tutorial will show you how to set a default printer for your account in Windows 10. CONTENTS:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set default printer for all users windows 10

2. set default printer for all users

3. default printer for all users windows 10

4. windows 10 set default printer for all users,
  5. set default printer all users windows 10,
  6. set default printer windows 10 for all users,
  7. set printer as default for all users,
  8. how to set default printer for all users,
  9. set printer as default for all users on a pc,
  10. hFc_HAF75bVrWUvrPFweNz_jaOf3QazghJjg6ijPYjs,
  11. set printer as default windows 10,