Windows 10: How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

Discus and support How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In my Windows 10 system, I have multiple audio devices. Ex: TV as HDMI monitor, USB Speakers, Headset connected to the front panel Headphone/Mic ports.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Threeper Bart, Jul 24, 2018.

1. How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

In my Windows 10 system, I have multiple audio devices. Ex: TV as HDMI monitor, USB Speakers, Headset connected to the front panel Headphone/Mic ports.
    How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device 35230b56-1d42-4d21-b4a9-202ef987da26?upload=true.png
    How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device 4c473c7a-21f8-43e9-a760-0df5a87a5239?upload=true.png

Most applications use the Default Playback device (currently set to USB Speakers as indicated by the Green Check), some direct their output to the TV via the HDMI port. I have an application that I use for VOIP communications. I have set my Default Communications Device as the front panel headset ports (as indicated by the Green Phone handset). When using the VOIP application the output audio goes to the Default Playback Device instead of the Default Communications Device.

Is there a way to designate the VOIP application as a Communications Applications so that it will use the Default Communications Device instead of the Default Playback Device?

Yes, I know that this question has been asked before but the answers do not address assigning the application as a Communications Application so that it will use the Default Communications Device.

:)

Threeper Bart, Jul 24, 2018
  2. pkashyap Win User

Default communication device on Windows 10

Hello all,

The installation of my wavecyclic audio driver on Win 10 makes it the default communication device. This behavior is observed only on win 10, but not on win 8 or 7. Nothing specific is being done on our installer/driver to set it as default communication device. Any suggestions on why this is happening and on how to not make our driver become default communication device? I appreciate your help.

pkashyap, Jul 24, 2018
  3. My headset is stuck as a "Default Communications Device" I can't set it to a "Default Device".

My headset is stuck as a "Default Communications Device" I can't set it to a "Default Device".

Sound icon on taskbar > Playback devices

My headset is showing as a "Default Communications Device" and can only be used in voice chats and such. I want to use it as a default device but when I click on the button that says "Set Default" it doesn't do anything. It sets other playback devices as
    default devices but not my headset. I'm very frustrated. Please help me.

KhalidAl-Saggaf, Jul 24, 2018
  4. How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

Default Device

Hi Bilal,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

There isn't any shortcut option for switching playback device in Windows 10 so far. However you may change the settings for the default play back devices following the below steps and check.

• Open the Desktop, find the volume icon on the
      Taskbar.
    • Right click on Volume button and select the Playback devices.
    • Select the device (which you want to set as default playback device) and click on
      Set as default button (you may use the different option under the drop down menu also).
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

1. How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device - Similar Threads - set app Default

2. Unable to set default playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to set default playback device: Hello! I have installed VB Virtual audio cable to be able to change my voice through fl studio and into Discord. After which everything was working fine, until the next boot-up of my PC. I have no sound playing and after looking into it, I realised that Windows detected VB...
  3. Change the default device and default communication device, changing it this way only...

Change the default device and default communication device, changing it this way only...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/the_frgtn_drgn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khugir/change_the_default_device_and_default/
  4. Sound settings - default communication device question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings - default communication device question: I have multiple audio devices connected to my computer - integrated sound card, HDMI monitors, a USB music recording interface, and USB gaming headset. I have monitoring speakers connected to the music interface Steinberg CI2 and use that as my default audio device, while I...
  5. Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.: I often switch between my headset and the monitor for audio, and while this is simply done for most applications by clicking the volume icon in the taskbar and changing devices, this only changes the default audio device, not the default communication device. This becomes a...
  6. Set "Default communication device" at the same time as "Default device" from the task bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set "Default communication device" at the same time as "Default device" from the task bar: Hello! So here is my problem. On my computer i have always a headset plugged, and also speakers at the same time. I usually switch the output i want using the sound icon on my taskbar, like that : [ATTACH] The problem is that this changes my sound output "Default device",...
  7. Audio lag on speakers unless it is set as default device AND default communication

Audio lag on speakers unless it is set as default device AND default communication: I want my headset to be the default communication but this causes sound lag when i watch things with sound through my speaker. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-lag-on-speakers-unless-it-is-set-as-default/82eec397-8d12-4635-b852-70e2dc425d32
  8. Cannot Change Default Playback Device

Cannot Change Default Playback Device: I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from windows 7 and I'm already starting to hate myself. I open the playback devices tab under sound and click on my Siberia v2 illuminated headset and click set as default device and it does nothing. I can't disable my speakers or...
  9. Default communication device on Windows 10

Default communication device on Windows 10: Hello all, The installation of my wavecyclic audio driver on Win 10 makes it the default communication device. This behavior is observed only on win 10, but not on win 8 or 7. Nothing specific is being done on our installer/driver to set it as default communication device....
  10. Default Communications Device not recognized

Default Communications Device not recognized: I have 64-bit version of W10. My assumption is that for communications--send/receive calls--I could use my headphones while letting music play on my external (or laptop) speakers. I play music through Bluetooth connected UE Boom speaker which I have set to my Default...